Tea, with missionaries, in Connecticut? Also, pizzas and a tie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tea, with missionaries, in Connecticut? Also, pizzas and a tie

Post by cassious on Mon May 31, 2010 4:47 pm

So, hello, first post! I don't plan on really doing much here, I've just got this and it's been bugging me.

Right, so I had this dream two days ago. I had decided to take a nap around 5pm, which I never do, and ended up sleeping solidly until 9pm. I had 3 different dreams, two of which have actually happened after I dreamed about them (sort of). Although I'm not sure what order they occurred in, except for the last one which was about tea with missionaries. But more on that later.

I had a dream my best friend and I were going to grad together. I wanted a purple dress so he bought a purple tie to wear, but wasn't happy because he didn't like the color. The next day in church, he was wearing a purple tie. This weirded me out, none of my dreams actually happen. Ever.

Next actually became real today. My friend and I (same friend as the dream before) were walking. He then asked me if I wanted to go to his work for a large, Hawaiian, pizza. I told him I couldn't eat one by myself and he said he'd eat most of it. Then I told him there was no where to sit at the pizza place. He replied there was a bench but I argued that you can't eat pizza on a bench. So he said lets eat on the sidewalk curb but I reminded him that he hated sitting on the sidewalk. Then today, during lunch, he suggested we go for a large (not Hawaiian though) pizza.

Those are both pretty simple, although kind of strange that they kind of happened. The one that's been bugging me is this one though:

I dreamed I was doing a school project and needed to talk to a plastic surgeon. So I phoned one in Connecticut. She said to come over the next day for tea. When I told her I was Mormon and couldn't drink tea she said I could, but only in Connecticut. I somehow got a hold of a map with a route to her house outlined and 'pit stops' (Mormon homes that I could rest at) marked. I then went to tell me sister, who was really excited about this. She said we could walk there from her house (she lives in Saskatchewan, Canada...That's a bit far...) and to start packing. We both packed a trolley each but then she strapped a toddler I had never seen before to her trolley. I asked whose kid it was and she says hers and that she had had this baby girl (her fifth child. In real life she only has four and isn't planning on another) not long ago. We then began our journey (but I have no memory of even walking). Our first 'pit stop' was at an older couples' house. An old, skinny, frail-looking man answered the door and asked us to come in. He offered us tea, but I restated I was Mormon. He got kind of exasperated, telling me tea for Mormons was ok in Connecticut. I told him I didn't think so. He said fine then told us his wife was downstairs with the missionaries and that we could wait down there for her.

We went downstairs, as we went down there was a nice glow coming from a fireplace, as well as a sort of purple reflection. Like a reflection off of water. There were many large cushions scattered in front of the opening where the light came from. The opening was covered by an old, iron-wrought gate. Like the ones that are behind the drawbridges in castles. It had iron leaves running all through it and was very detailed and beautiful. On the other side were three men in golden robes (like the robes of the woman on the far left: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Newly_elected_Kai_Winn.jpg but not as detailed) were kneeling to the right of the fire place and a very large woman was standing on the left, with a cup of tea in her hand. She wasn't fat, yet not muscular but like...burly I guess. She turned as we took our seats on some of the cushions. My sister's daughter took to running around the room and the large woman asked us to wait for a minute. The men all had cups of tea. They spoke but all I could hear were mumbles, then they got up and the gate rose up. The men followed the woman out, as they came and took seats on the cushions I noticed one of the men was a Mormon missionary that I got to know while he was teaching me in real life (I'll call him Elder L.). He introduced me to the other two as his companions. One was consistently looking away, but I didn't really look at him anyways and I never saw his face. The other looked...Elven, minus the ears. He just looked very graceful. He had blond hair that was long and braided but not in one single braid, more like random ones. Elder. L sat across from me. For some reason, I had brought a large white robe with me and a white mask decorated with gold and black glitter. While the others talked (once again, just mumbles) I passed my mask to Elder. L. He asked for a pen so I pulled one out of my pocket. It was my previously mentioned friend's pen. Elder. L then wrote something on the inside chin of the mask. He passed it back to me and I read it but I can't remember what it said. I then pulled out some paper and went to write something on it. Elder L. moved to sit beside me but then, after he sat next to me, all I saw was a white glow from behind him and he was outlined by it. I then heard a voice speaking something like a poem, it sounded like I was speaking it. I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like "You touched my soul and I, yours. We cannot be more. You are my friend and in comfortable silence we sit together, you by me and I by you" (I don't think that's exactly how it was worded, but that was the main theme of it). The glow faded, I looked at Elder L. and he smiled, then I woke up.

If it matters: All of these dreams were in color. The first two in pale colors, the last in very vivid colors. I usually only ever dream in faded colors/black and white (but sometimes with a bit of color). the last seemed extraordinarily realistic, I've never had a dream like that. Also, please don't hate on it/tell me it's wrong, you may not agree with it, but I'm Mormon/LDS. If you don't like, that's fine, but if you interpret this, please be open-minded on that fact. Thank you!

I tried to find some interpreting dictionaries online and I got some things but I couldn't find the missionaries as symbols ANYWHERE. Here's what I found: tea, apparently represents satisfaction/contentment and taking time with a relationship/situation. Walking (this seemed significant because walking to Connecticut would be an extreme distance to walk) supposedly means slow, steady progress towards goals and self confidence. 3 (I thought this was important because missionaries never travel in threes. The friend I spoke of also said there are many prominent groups of three in the scriptures) represents life, inner strength, creativity, energy and self exploration. As well as the past, present and future and families (Father, mother, child). I think it matters that I couldn't see the one missionary's face and that the other was so handsome. As well that I knew one of them and was close to him. He helped me out a lot spiritually.

Any [open-minded] interpretation would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks!!

cassious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tea, with missionaries, in Connecticut? Also, pizzas and a tie

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:19 am

cassious welcome! There is no hate here. I believe God speaks to every single person on this earth through dreams. One of my very best friends was a Morman. She was in an abusive relationship and some missionaries came to her home and one of them put his hand on her head and said. "(her name) God loves you." She had never in her life heard anyone say this to her. She felt hot from head to toe and God began to show her this love more and more in her life and she now has an intimate relationship with Jesus.

Maybe some others can see more than this. I believe God gave you the first 2 dreams to tell you that there is significance in what he was about to show you. The fact that they were literal meant he really was making a point to talk to you and reveal to you that it was real and He was speaking. How wonderful that God speaks to us personally, isn't it? I'll leave the last dream for now as it isn't completely clear to me yet and I'd hate to write something wrong.

Blessings!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

First, let me say that I know very little about the Mormon beliefs. What I share here is without judgment or research into what you believe. I do believe that dreams come from God out of pictures from our own life. What each picture/person symbolizes in this dream is not the person in your real life, but what they symbolize--their image. We can only dream what we see in real life. Visions can show pictures we've never seen in real life, but dreams are usually taken out of our mind. God will take these pictures and direct them to Himself because dreams like this are messages.

I dreamed I was doing a school project
(You are here to learn something.)

and needed to talk to a plastic surgeon.
(You need to speak to Someone who can make changes to your life. A surgeon cuts away what is unwanted and makes it look beautiful…at least that is what is supposed to happen! God is our "Chief Surgeon".)

So I phoned one in Connecticut. She said to come over the next day for tea. When I told her I was Mormon and couldn't drink tea she said I could, but only in Connecticut.
(Connecticut represents a place of freedom without laws such as, not drinking tea. Tea grows on a plant that God created. Peter was taught by God through a vision about eating meat. For generations in his tradition they had been taught this was a sinful act, it was hard for him to now accept eating animals with cloven hoofs would be ok. Generations before him were told it was unclean--from God too! But Jesus came to fulfill the law. Only “man-made” laws say what God created is not good. I am not judging you about TEA, this is about the law. I have no idea if this is a Mormon practice to not drink tea. Dreams reveal, they do not judge. As you researched yourself, tea represents socializing, enjoying the company. In Connecticut--this place of freedom--there is no law against this.)

I somehow got a hold of a map with a route to her house outlined and 'pit stops' (Mormon homes that I could rest at) marked. I then went to tell me sister, who was really excited about this. She said we could walk there from her house (she lives in Saskatchewan, Canada...That's a bit far...) and to start packing. We both packed a trolley
( You are planning how to get there. "Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directed his steps. You could not possibly walk (walking being your own efforts) from where you or your sister live to Connecticut. We cannot get into the heavenly realm by our own efforts, even with a map---a plan, or something that shows the way like a Bible or your Book. We can read the map all we want, but it won’t get us INTO Connecticut….it only shows the way, it is not the WAY itself.)

but then she strapped a toddler I had never seen before to her trolley. I asked whose kid it was and she says hers and that she had had this baby girl (her fifth child. In real life she only has four and isn't planning on another) not long ago.
(This represents something new coming to your life. It is unexpected.)

We then began our journey (but I have no memory of even walking). (Again, we cannot get into the heavenly realm by our own efforts. We cannot enter the spiritual realm by ourselves. God takes us.This is why you didn't know how you got there. You started out walking but God carried you where he wanted you to go...a place free of the law.

Our first 'pit stop' was at an older couples' house. An old, skinny, frail-looking man answered the door and asked us to come in. He offered us tea, but I restated I was Mormon. He got kind of exasperated, telling me tea for Mormons was ok in Connecticut. I told him I didn't think so. He said fine then told us his wife was downstairs with the missionaries and that we could wait down there for her.
(As you were going, you come across someone who has very little, but he has freedom—he can drink tea because there is no law about it here in this place. Paul says that he did not know coveting (but you could add drinking tea because he was using an example) was wrong until the commandment told him it was wrong. Romans 6-8 express this. We are free to have tea or not have tea. You didn’t even walk there….you are TAKEN there. That is how God operates in our life. He Takes us where we cannot go! (I forget that scripture verse) Then you are invited in to join them in the basement. This is a place that is hidden in your life at this time.)

We went downstairs, as we went down there was a nice glow coming from a fireplace, as well as a sort of purple reflection. Like a reflection off of water. There were many large cushions scattered in front of the opening where the light came from. The opening was covered by an old, iron-wrought gate. Like the ones that are behind the drawbridges in castles. It had iron leaves running all through it and was very detailed and beautiful.
(Purple—you are entering royalty. Pillows—a place of comfort A fireplace—a place of warmth and yet refining (fire) Purity. Lots of symbolism here. There is a gate. Acts 3:10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him. Acts 3:2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple…The gate represents a gateway into the temple--we are the temple. God lives in us! God is IN the Temple. You went into the basement, the place hidden in your life YET God is in there! There are bars and a gate there….getting ahead of it here…)

On the other side were three men in golden robes (like the robes of the woman on the far left: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Newly_elected_Kai_Winn.jpg but not as detailed) were kneeling to the right of the fire place and a very large woman was standing on the left, with a cup of tea in her hand. She wasn't fat, yet not muscular but like...burly I guess. She turned as we took our seats on some of the cushions. My sister's daughter took to running around the room and the large woman asked us to wait for a minute. The men all had cups of tea. They spoke but all I could hear were mumbles, then they got up and the gate rose up.
(The woman represents welcoming.The Three men represent God: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. You cannot hear them as they speak. You do not know their language (this is why they are represented in a fantasy image to you and yet in robes. This may come out of your tradition, not sure.) The child, innocence, freedom, was free to run around. Jesus said to be as a child.....The "men" are not limited by the gate or boundaries. The Gate opens when they stand. Their authority. God has nothing that keeps him in!)

The men followed the woman out, as they came and took seats on the cushions I noticed one of the men was a Mormon missionary that I got to know while he was teaching me in real life (I'll call him Elder L.). He introduced me to the other two as his companions. One was consistently looking away, but I didn't really look at him anyways and I never saw his face. The other looked...Elven, minus the ears. He just looked very graceful. He had blond hair that was long and braided but not in one single braid, more like random ones. Elder. L sat across from me.
(One who looks away represents Jesus, You do not know his face at this time so he cannot reveal his face to you. He does not reject you because of this. God is 3 in ONE and His presence is with you. Jesus is God manifested as a human but not everyone recognizes Him this way.

A Missionary is one who is SENT. They go and tell people, in another land usually, the "good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ". Missionaries leave where they live and go to another country. This represents how Jesus left His Father in Heaven and came to earth --to both die AND live for us. Jesus left the Father to be manifested as a human, he met us right where we are at too. God can't be understood with our minds, but he DOES reveal Himself to us by hearing and seeing, only by the Spirit. Dreaming is one way, if we can "hear" Him. )

For some reason, I had brought a large white robe with me and a white mask decorated with gold and black glitter.
( Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. A bride represents the Bride of Christ-that is us. We are joined together, marriage is a symbol of this union with God.)

While the others talked (once again, just mumbles)
(You do not know their voice but know they are communicating.)

I passed my mask to Elder. L. He asked for a pen so I pulled one out of my pocket. It was my previously mentioned friend's pen. Elder. L then wrote something on the inside chin of the mask. He passed it back to me and I read it but I can't remember what it said. I then pulled out some paper and went to write something on it.
(You gave your mask --what you hide behind--to the Father. But you are not understanding or communicating between yourself and God yet. God asking for your pen is God relating to you where you are "at" in life--this is your form of communication now so he asks you for that. God does that. He meets us right where we are.)

Elder L. moved to sit beside me but then, after he sat next to me, all I saw was a white glow from behind him and he was outlined by it. I then heard a voice speaking something like a poem, it sounded like I was speaking it. I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like "You touched my soul and I, yours. We cannot be more. You are my friend and in comfortable silence we sit together, you by me and I by you" (I don't think that's exactly how it was worded, but that was the main theme of it). The glow faded, I looked at Elder L. and he smiled, then I woke up.

(It is hard here to really say what this means as you did not hear it clearly and I am going to assume (a dangerous thing, I know) that you did not hear all of it correctly. But it is your dream and I really relate to not hearing things said in dreams correctly myself! So, what I hear is this: God is God and we cannot BE God. This would be why he would say "we cannot BE more". We do not become God. He created us and sent his son Jesus to manifest Himself AS God. He is present with you and loves you enough to be a friend. A friend is a precious thing in life. In my own life I have found Jesus to be more than this, but he is revealing himself to you bit by bit and at this point He comes to you as a Friend who accepts you just as you are and he meets you in this basement, drinking tea!)

I would like to ask if you have ever heard of a book called “The Shack”? This is a book written by a missionary kid who was abused when he was growing up. After years of hiding behind this abuse, God healed his heart. God came into that basement place in his own life—he called this place “the shack”. He wrote this book, a story for his own children, not about the abuse, it is a parable or a metaphor or a dream in a story format. I really encourage you to buy this book and read it. God reveals Himself in an unexpected form to him. The author is William Paul Young.

I thought of this book after going through this dream because God is represented in a different way in this dream. I struggled with the interpretation for a while because you are Mormon so I had my religious box in my mind wondering how God would be represented by an "Elder". But He comes to us/you out of your own life pictures and He WILL reveal himself fully in time, I believe. For now, He wants you to know Jesus is your friend. It is hard to see Him because he can’t be seen yet. You see Him in the robes / through your own culture and yet there is the unknown (face) too. You are familiar with one specific one who is your spiritual teacher, this is why God used his face for you to recognize through that symbol. We have boxes in our minds of who God is and our image of Him. But He has to be revealed to us, he can’t be found in a map. He is a very real person revealed to us through Jesus Christ.

One last thing, I know this is long and it could have been longer. That last paragraph expresses the heart of the dream, I believe. I am learning on here too and some of these symbols could be expressed more accurately by others. Please take the heart of this and seek Jesus.
God bless you!
Joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : last paragraph and some edits.)

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cassious on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for your interpretation! It's fascinating!

I haven't read 'The Shack' but I'll try to get a hold of it!

Thanks again!!

cassious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I know it's long but it is what I felt was from the Lord.
You could probably sign the book out of yourpublic library too. It was on the NY best sellers list...amazing enough for a book like that and an unpublished author.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cassious on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm

It wasn't that long! Plus, I love reading peoples thoughts on things like this!

Yes, I think I'll do that this summer!

cassious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Nyagali, God bless you for unwrapping this in such a clear way!

Cassious, welcome to the board by the way! God bless you too:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 am

Cassious, I wanted to share with you that last night I had a dream. In it was a man who I also consider a "spiritual father" to me too. We were in a restaurant (a place where we are fed--spiritual connection) and my son was taking a picture of us. My "Father" put his arm around me and we had to sit there on and on and on because my son seemed to be having a hard time getting this picture. In the end he got 3, but they were blurry or not good. What the Lord showed me was that this "Father" also represented Jesus and he was so content to just sit close to me and was never uncomfortable. I kept feeling uncomfortable. I was more concerned about the picture outcome than being, or enjoying the moment. This is so key!! My son couldn't focus because he can't "see" Jesus in me (yet). He is into New Age now and focusing on HIMSELF trying to get this life right, being God etc....I love him dearly and pray for him.
Anyway, I thought of you and how your mentor was sitting beside you also. Dreams always take us back to Jesus. It is all about HIM! I obviously have a ways to go to be comfortable in this love of Jesus. I know that, and dreams reveal, not condemn. But I know my Jesus, He does the work and he will move me on....as long as we hear Him, we have no fear!!
Bless you as you read this book this summer. Please do drop me a note.
Joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added thought about the moment)

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cassious on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks for sharing that!

I'm interested: Where exactly do you get all this knowledge about interpreting dreams from? It's something I've always wanted to become skilled at, where would I start?

cassious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 am

Cassious, from my perspective, I'm just learning! But I find that the clearer my understanding of "the gospel" of Jesus Christ is, the better I am able to understand dreams. If our understanding of both the Living Word (Jesus) and the written word, (the bible) are not clear then our understanding of dreams will not be clear. We will "see" symbols that don't mean what God intended them to mean. I honestly am in the learning process of dreams and trying to take them more seriously. I've spent the last few years recording them more faithfully and asking and asking God to show me. Some things we don't want to face in real life so can't see them in our dreams either....it is all in God's timing. The dream will reveal, tell us how to live, what to do, what to expect.....but we follow the revealer of dreams, not the dream. It isn't ABOUT the dream. You see, that is what this "flesh" (self) wants. It wants some claim, some power. But there is no power, except in Jesus Christ and even he doesn't claim power, he says it is the Father and the Father says it is all through the Spirit....what a beautiful picture that is!!

I also don't know if everyone has this gift. I have dear friends who can't see a thing in dreams but I do believe God gives every single person in this world dreams. Unfortunately, MOST people don't see the messages in our dreams because if they did, the whole world would all come to Christ! Some people have gone so far from him that their dreams are completely from SELF, for their own illusionary power. But Jesus is always clear and consistent---to those who hear. Didn't he speak in parables (like symbols) when he was on earth? And didn't his disciples say, "why don't you speak clearly? Why do you speak this way?" If he did speak clearly, we would understand with our MINDS. Our MINDS are THE problem so he speaks to us THROUGH the Spirit and takes the mind out of the way, but oh how we struggle to use the mind to understand the Spirit life. Didn't Jesus say to Peter, "get behind be Satan!" Was Peter Satan? Of course not! But what Peter was doing was trying to "help Jesus". We can't HELP Jesus, He lives without a single hand from us--He is God, he doesn't NEED us BUT....the miracle is that HE LIVES IN US! He IS OUR LIFE! We don't help him, we live IN HIM. We have relationship with Him. Our concept of Satan is SOOOOOOO wrong!!!!

Jesus is in relationship already because He is one with the Father and the Spirit. 3 in ONE have relationship as one, just as we have relationship with other people with Jesus in the middle, so that is also experiencing the relationship of God....we experience Him without knowing it more often than not.

So....I'd say start by getting to know Jesus in your waking time. Ask Him to reveal himself to you. He died for you, loves you, and lives through the Body of Christ and within YOU! Life isn't complicated, but we've made it complicated by trying to figure it all out....and most of the time through teachers who have learned from teachers who have learned from teachers. But we need NO MAN or WOMAN :-) to teach us!

This is a mystery, we learn from one another, yet what we really learn is from Jesus. I encourage you to hang in here.....you may learn from things said and as is the focus, from my understanding of this forum, Jesus is the ultimate reason we are here....to hear from Him.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top