Prophetic Dreams that Don't Mean Much but Are Actually Prophetic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prophetic Dreams that Don't Mean Much but Are Actually Prophetic

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm

One of the most baffling portions of dream intpretation is the question of, Why do we have prophetic dreams about things in the future that mean practically nothing?

For instance, this dream:

I saw my house as I was coming home. It didn't look like this house it looked like my grandma's house.

When I was inside I wanted to go outside to admire its beauty again but I feel into a pit in the front yard.

I grabbed the edge as I fell in and was dangling from the side holding on by my finger tips after walking into it with eyes wide open. It was dumb to fall in because there was a fence around it and I could see the hole.

Anyway, I grabbed the fence and pulled myself out.

I didn't recognize the house in my dream because even though it was my house, it wasn't yet and it wouldn't be for about another year. We moved to this house more than a year later. The similarity between this house and my grandmom's house was they were both brick.

In this new house, there were dips in the yard that were several inches deep and wide. The grass was level with the rest of the lawn so you couldn't really see these dips. Well, one day I walked through the front yard and I tripped walking through one of those dips or pits or whatever you want to call them, and thought, man it was dumb to trip walking through that dip because I knew it was there (but I had obviously forgotten about it). The Lord immediately ministered to me that this incident was the manifestation of that dream.

This teaching is so important because we need to be careful that a.) we aren't freaked out by every dream that seems sinister (dangling from the edge of a pit by my fingertips seemed sinister), and b.) that we realize that not every dream is a symbolic message of great magnitude....actually, it may not be a symbolic message at all - it may be a movie trailer, and c.) DREAMS (not night visions) can be a fabric woven from threads of supernatural gifts of prophecy (seeing the future) AND mixed with the thread of our natural mind's creative abilities which come through our souls (refering to emotions). Which leaves us with a fabric of supernatural truth mixed with a carnal fabric colored by our emotions, fears, beliefs, etc.

In the dream above, there was a supernatural quality... it foretold that I would fall in a pit, but it came through my soul, which has had struggles with fear which tainted the dream with fear, and thus, my mind wove it into a story that seemed much worse than what it would be.

Why have a dream that I am going to trip in my front yard? Where is the eternal value in that dream? (Also note that the dream was exaggerated... I was not dangling by my fingers.) The only answer is that we are made in our Father's image. He sees the future, big and small, and so do we but even as our perspectives in life are colored by our personalities so are our perspectives in dreams.

Some people see things with a sunny perspective, glass half full kind of people. Other people see things all gloomy and black, a glass half empty kind of perspective. Two people can both look at the same picture but see them totally differently. Dreams and messages of the spirit that come through our souls can be the same way.

Let's say two people get the exact same prophetic revelation in their spirits while they sleep. This revelation they just received will be woven into a dream while they sleep. Even though they get the exact same revelation their souls (personality) will portray the revelation in their dreams completely different depending on the people involved.

Let's use the dream above as the example:

The prophetic revelation is that in the future the dreamer will live in a house like their grandmother's house and there would be a dip, pit, whatever that is a hazard. Now how each person sees this looks like the following:

The way a very fearless person could have seen this in a dream: I dreamed that I was at a house that was like grandma's. It was my house. While walking in the yard I began to fall into a hole but I used my superpowers to: bounce over it, out of it, past it, whatever.

OR

A fearful person who struggles with fear of harm to their physical body may see the situation like this: I saw my house as I was coming home. It didn't look like this house it looked like my grandma's house. When I was inside I wanted to go outside to admire its beauty again but I feel into a pit in the front yard. I grabbed the edge as I fell in and was dangling from the side holding on by my finger tips after walking into it with eyes wide open. It was dumb to fall in because there was a fence around it and I could see the hole. Anyway, I grabbed the fence and pulled myself out.

There are two points to this: a.) This dream didn't really mean anything in the scope of life. It was a dream that didn't have much eternal value but it was prophetic because it foretold the future. I saw my future house which had something in common with my grandmother's and in the front yard of my future house was a pit that I would trip in, b.) dreams are colored by our souls (mind, will, and emotions). (But don't confuse dreams with night visions.)

I share this in the hopes that it helps us understand that many dreams are dreams like this one. They do have a supernatural quality but if we had interpreted this through the dream symbol dictionaries, or with our symbolic dream interpretation caps on, the resulting interpretation probably would not have been a true nor accurate dream interpretation.

Most of your dreams will not be messages from God but short snippets that I call trailer dreams about your future. There is a difference. I've read and interpreted thousands of dreams and from my experience many, many, many dreams will show you your future but will not necessarily be an earth shattering message from God.

Oftentimes we dream little dreams that come to pass but they don't really have any earth shattering significance. Why do we dream them then? Why have a dream about the future, which is supernatural if it doesn't really mean anything? Seeing things that will happen in the future is a characteristic of the Spirit. When you are born of the Spirit and given certain gifts, and qualities of our Father, sometimes seeing bits and pieces of the future is one of them.

One of the things we must learn in dream interpretation is not to make a mountain out of every mole hill. Some dreams mean little to nothing even if they are prophetic. When I first started dreaming prophetically I put a "spiritual" intepretation on every single dream I had. One day I had a dream about two soda machines side by side. I was putting my cup under the fountain and pressing the lever to dispense the soda but it wouldn't dispense any soda into my cup. I looked up some dream interpretation dictionaries and saw symbolism that made me think that something was preventing me from being "filled" with the Holy Spirit.

The very next day I went to McDonald's at Wal-mart. I ordered my food. Took my cup to the drink machines, and ............ they were both out of order. Guess what my dream meant??? That I wouldn't be able to fill my cup at the soda machines. If the dream wasn't fulfilled so fast I might have convinced myself or believed that something was preventing me from being filled. But right then and there God began showing me that much of the time dreams are very simple.

Since most people assume dreams are strictly symbolic and spiritual, or even mostly symbolic and spiritual, that is what they teach and believe but I know differently. I believe that for many people 75% of dreams should have a concrete manifestation of at least a portion of the dream in reality and I believe that the manifestations should be easily discerned when they have come to pass. Dream interpretations are so vague, mysterious, and general most of the time that sooner or later they will come to pass. In reality, manifestations of many dreams will be very specific, very similar to the elements of the dream, and often very common and every day issues of life.

Last edited by Mia on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prophetic Dreams that Don't Mean Much but Are Actually Prophetic

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:11 am

Mia,

A very good point Mia, thanks for reminding us of that. Sometimes I think we get carried away in our eagerness to hear from the Lord.

God bless,

Connie kiss

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:31 am

Hey Connie!

I was thinking while driving around earlier today about how happy I am that you are a part of the group and I am eagerly looking forward to having some more conversations with you.

I am working on doing some teachings now that I am hoping will help us all be very grounded in dream interpretation and hopefully, which will help us be very accurate in our understanding of dreams and dream interpretations. My prayer and hope is that we become a greatly equipped army that hears and understands clearly how the Lord speaks through prophetic dreams.

Lots of love!

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:52 pm

:clap: THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you so much Mia for sharing this!Its so easy for me to turn those mole hills into mountians! Thank you for making things so clear! love,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Yep me too. I try not to but sometimes, well, you know.....

God bless and good to hear from you Mia!

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:43 am

Dove-Solutions wrote:Mia,

A very good point Mia, thanks for reminding us of that. Sometimes I think we get carried away in our eagerness to hear from the Lord.

God bless,

Connie kiss

And that's a great point too, Connie. It's awesome that we are eager to hear from the Lord and He certainly will speak to us in dreams, but practice, faithfulness, and diligence, are the ONLY keys to becoming sensitive to the dreams that are from Him and those that are prophetic but not necessarily a message from Him.

There are no drive-thru's in the Spiritual realm. We acquire things of the Spirit or build up the things of the Spirit by faithfulness and perserverance and exercising our other fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Just hang in there and be faithful and we will reap a reward.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 am

Thanks, Daph! I'm glad it ministered to you!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:26 pm

:PTL: That's all I can say Miss Mia!!! Let the Lord use you girl!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:21 pm

:giggle: Yeah~! sister! PRAISE GOD!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 am

I-LIKE!!!!lol...That was really good Mia, reminding us that although some things are prophetic don't necessarily mean they are messages from HIM! It definitely helps you to fine tune the gift!!!

smooches
desiree (starpop) :clap: kiss

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

Thanks for another good point Mia. It's true after receiving huge revelations.. we sometimes make more out of dreams than they are because we desire so much to be a part of God's plan.

I was thinking it's another reason to stay focused on God and be sure to ask him for the interpretation. We could easily make fools of ourselves by trying to make too much of it. I feel sure he has a sense of humor.. maybe he's testing us while having a good laugh. LOL
rofl

Love
Jen

Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 pm

:giggle: (at Jen)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Mia,

I appreciate the insight that God has blessed you with. I am learning so much on this site. Keep the wisdom coming!

Delaine

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 am

Ty very much, Delaine. Glory TO GOD!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:58 pm

good points Mia. I can relate. Recently, I had a dream, I was standing somewhere and I was spraying these cobwebs. Days went by, I went in my backyard and I saw these cobwebs, I went inside and came out spraying the cobwebs......as I was doing it The Spirit reminded me of my dream. I was doing EXACTLY what I dreamt of. I kept thinking, I really need to pay attention to my dreams, it confirms God does speak whether big or small.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:18 am

Gissy,

Your dreams sound just like mine. I cannot encourage you strongly enough to write them down and pay attention. I am just now seeing the very exact fulfillment of things which I dreamed about four years ago.

Love,
mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:03 am

Mia, you are so correct. I would say about 80% of my dreams are literal, ever since I was a little girl, I use to watch my dreams playout so I don't understand why I am so surprised. I think it comes from my mother, she doesn't believe in signfig. of dreams so she would say "it's just a dream" so I use to (and even now) tell myself "it's just a dream" and when I saw it....I said nothing. But in the past I wish I did. Once I had a dream I saw this woman who was in business with my mother, I saw her in the dream come behind my mother and puts this rope around my mother's neck to try to kill her....the dream that was all I saw. But in the morning I tried to shake it off. That evening my sister calls me and tells me my mother just signed a contract with this woman....my heart sank because I knew it was unwise. I was right. It took us months with lawyers trying to get my mother's money back, the lady tried to stole from her. I wished I had told my mother that morning!!! I couldn't believe it. So all my dreams with warnings etc etc I voice!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:50 am

My mother is the same way EXCEPT she has prophetic dreams also.

Well, I'm glad you're here. There aren't too many literal dreamers out there. wink

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 am

I am glad to be here thumbs

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm

This topic is so gooood, I'm glad I read this as I am having dreams which are prophetic but they do not mean much! For instance, a week ago I had a dream that I was in a very bright room and we were having guests I was holding my glass and when we said cheers and aproached our glasses to touch my glass broke. I woke up and was trying to find a deep spiritual meaning behind a broken glass. But in fact, today the dream manifested! And what is more interesting that before manifesting, the Lord gently reminded me about the dream and I was meditating on the dream still lookin for a spiritual answer rofl
But IRL we had guests and we were talking and laughing, in a good mood, someone proposed a toast for me and we said cheers and the glasses hit and my glass cracked and broke! I WAS SHOCKED as I realised that this is the manifestation of my dream and I was puzzeled and surprised, not worried about the glass at all! laugh
Everyone was worried for me as from my expression they thought that I was worried about the glass lol! Later when I explained my reaction everybody else was shocked and puzzled and I was smiling lol!
I do not understand why I am having this kind of dreams, may be through such dreams God is teaching, showing that our dreams are quite simple and we do not need to seek something extraordinary in things which are simple!
Anyway I am thankful to God for this experience happy dance rofl rofl

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:45 am

Nubava,

I wish I had time right now to go on about this because I was thinking about this topic again yesterday.

I wrote somewhere about my empty cup experience when I first started recording my dreams. Did you see that?

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Yes, I have read Mia about your cup experience (walmart soda story, right?)

The experience was really funny and interesting at the same time. Intersting because I have been telling my parents about my dreams which were prophetic, etc. and also our guests too as we had discussions with them about dreams. Our guests are not saved but in their family, women, sisters have dreams like ours, and they were surprised at how my dream manifested
I would love to learn more from a MORE on this too :))) flower

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:50 pm

This must be for you, yesterday I was thinking about and wanting to write, once again, how these little everyday dreams, which seem to mean nothing but are prophetic, teach you about dream interpretation. So, even though they seem to be of little value, they are actually invaluable.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Mia Sherwood wrote:This must be for you, yesterday I was thinking about and wanting to write, once again, how these little everyday dreams, which seem to mean nothing but are prophetic, teach you about dream interpretation. So, even though they seem to be of little value, they are actually invaluable.

Thanks, this is definitely for me, thanks for sharing flower

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Mia, this is really funny. My father was taking nap the other day, he woke up and told me to give him a glass of water but before that he told me his short dream.

In the dream he asked me to give him a glass of water and I gave him the water but it the glass and in the water there was a small label. And he got angry with me for not being careful and giving him a water with a label.

So IRL I gave him a glass of water and as he was drinking he told me I gave him still water and he wanted sparkling as he usually drank. So we both immediately realized that it was the manifestation of the dream.

Our Lord is using the glass to teach us so often rofl This dream was one of those first dreams he has been having recently that manifest.

And couple of days later I have been praying for one important confirmation for me from my parents and my father woke up and was telling me his dream and I was shocked, surprised and awestruck because of God's faithfulness. I was looking at him wow And that dream was not only confirmation for me but for him too and he told about it my mom. So now when I have tendency to be discouraged of things going slowly (from my point of view), I remember that dream. praiseGod And for my father I truly believe that glass dream was another confirmation that his dreams mean something praiseGod

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top