Strange Snake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange Snake

Post by Kiri on Sat May 29, 2010 9:43 am

The length of the whole dream seemed to be less than 30 seconds. A serpent was coiled on my chest as I slept. It was checking me out, I could feel it's tongue flicking my face, my inner arms. I knew I had to keep calm and not move suddenly. I knew there was danger in the natural, but I also knew it was just curious and trying to examine me.

Suddenly it began lurching and snatching food from above my head, I couldn't move to see what it was eating, at first I guessed mice but got the sense it might be bread, as it crumbled and some fell on my face. This worried me enough to try to edge my hand over to the bedside light, and the second I began to move my hand, it vanished, and I woke. I noticed although in the dream I had not been frightened, when I woke, my heart was racing a little more than normal.

Was this a dream, and what would it mean... or a manifestation checking me out? Recently I found hidden in our home an image of a pharoah's head gear complete with serpent, and I burned it, as we have had many challenges since moving in here. Also, I live in a 3rd world country with Hindus and Muslims and have just begun helping in a mission based way.

Last edited by Kiri on Sat May 29, 2010 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction and additional info)

Kiri

View user profile http://kiricoulstock.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Snake

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Sat May 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Kiri!

I have not taken the accuracy test, but I would like to respond to this dream.

Snakes represent evil...they are not friends. He was coiled on your chest, in the vacinity of where your heart is located. He was checking you out to see how spiritually awake you were. Of course he's curious. The devil doesn't waste time with Christians who are living like the world, because they are no threat to him.

It was snatching food from above your head, mentally where we renew our minds with the Word of God. Our daily bread. He's trying to steal the Word of God from your mind.

You realize this is happening and reach for the light, meaning Jesus, and the snake is gone.

I'm begining to think this dream may be symbolic/ literal. I believe that when you sleep at night, the demons do come and try to snatch the Word of God from you, and they test you in your sleep. Do you have thoughts in the morning after you wake up and ask yourself where did that come from? Do you read the Word before bedtime, and the next day find it difficult to remember what you read when you open your Bible the next day?

Yes, spirits can attach themselves to things, and to you when you are out and about, you're not possessed, but these things can cling to you. The Lord showed me one time how I was covered in them coming home from where I worked (I work in a nursing home where people die, and spirits are there, many not too good). They were resting on me, following me. I prayed for the Lord to remove them and I could see them fly off, and hear them screech.

Also, you live in a country with many demonic spirits based on the above mentioned religions. You are begining to work in missions in that land. The Lord showed you this dream so you can better protect yourself.

If I were you, I'd pray before I went to bed and ask the Lord to put His warrior angels (I'd ask for the biggest ones if I were you) to the north, east, south, and west of your house, and I'd ask Him to put some in your house to keep you away and safe from these forces. I'd then pray that He will protect your mind when you sleep. I'd bind up the enemy and his schemes and release God and His perfect plan.

Please pray on this, but this is what I felt about this dream.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat May 29, 2010 7:18 pm

I am new to dream interpretations but scgirly I couldn't agree more, I was thinking the same thing.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri on Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 pm

LOL thanks girls. It's funny, but when I read what you wrote, I thought OH DUH of course! I also wondered if it was a warning, and so, today, I took corrective action on a couple of things that had been organised this week. I feel happier already with the results! I'd just advertised for indian Christian staff, and had been getting applicants who I realise now were not necessarily Christian. Thanks again, I will have to submit another dream now. : ))

Kiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Funny, I thought I just replied and didn't see it. But I was saying how wonderful it was that you reached for the light and darkness was gone.
I grew up in India as a child.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri on Sat May 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks Nyagali. I'd taken it potentially as a manifestation so wasn't seeing the symbolism which is so evident now! We are in Fiji.

Kiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun May 30, 2010 6:42 am

It is good to have a place like this to come to, isn't it? Ask for prayer in the prayer section, as needed!
Have a great day in Jesus!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top