Dad's suicide... in dream he talks to me.... is he in heaven or hell?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dad's suicide... in dream he talks to me.... is he in heaven or hell?!?!

Post by ldblrwbc on Sun May 23, 2010 10:05 pm

First let me explain:
My dad committed suicide Sept 2008. He had a lengthy illness, 4 heart attacks in one year, 4 heart surgeries, & became severely depressed. He was my best friend & this crushed me, but I almost felt at peace after he died, because the preacher of his church (which he never attended) said that he spent approximately 8 hours the previous Friday before his death in the church at the alter alone.
Since his death I have almost been jealous, because my husband & my sister have each told me of multiple dreams they have had about him, and I have only had a few. Each of my dreams have been brief & have basically been about me taking care of him while he was sick. They were not comforting.
Last night I had a dream that was more real than any other dream I had about him. I had a dream that I was outside in the woods walking to church. This part made since to me, because my church is a small country church & we have service outside sometimes. Then all of the sudden I was inside a white room with a big window & I could see the woods & a clearing outside & I saw my Uncle (my dad's brother). He had a red & white sticker on him (like a little round sticker that you would stick on your shirt or something). I don't think it said anything, but as soon as I saw it I knew something was really wrong. I asked him what was wrong & he said, "It won't be long." or "It won't be much longer now." I assumed it was his heart, because he also had heart surgeries & heart trouble. He said, "It's my back." My uncle didn't have back trouble. My dad did & this was odd, because my Uncle and I have never been close & he & my dad bickered a lot. Nothing major though. I hugged my uncle. Then suddenly I turned my head to my right & my dad was standing there. He was almost transparent, but it was like his body was made of transparent plastic or something, but not shiny plastic.... He was in very light colored clothing. I noticed this, because he usually wore dark colored t-shirts & wrangler jeans. Now, he said something & I couldn't hear it. I told myself that I really needed to listen to him, so I could hear what he said in case it was brief. He touched my hand & I thought to myself 'I can feel him. I can really feel him!' He said, "Dawnie (my nickname). I'm okay Dawnie. Don't worry about me. I've got to get back to work." Then I think he said, "I love you." I'm not sure. I said, "Are you with your Mom?! Are you with Jesus?" (I think I was thinking to ask if he was in Heaven. I'm not sure if I said that or not.) He then answered by saying, "No, but I get to see them a lot." I think he said the 'a lot' part. If he didn't he lead me to believe it was a lot.
That was the end of the dream. I cried all morning, because I was worried that he is in Hell. My husband keeps telling me that he wouldn't be able to see people he loves if he were in Hell. I'm just so confused & scared for him. Please tell me what you think!!!

ldblrwbc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dad's suicide... in dream he talks to me.... is he in heaven or hell?!?!

Post by Jodi on Mon May 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Dawn, I noticed that your dad approached you on church grounds, where worship does take place. He doesn't seem to be excluded from the worship grounds. There aren't any churches and worship areas in the woods in Hell.

Did your dad love God and make Jesus his Lord? He went to seek God for a long time so it seems he cared what God thinks. The requirements for getting into Heaven are not that we never fail to do God's will or that we never make a mistake. To get into Heaven, we have to love God and Jesus, accept Jesus forgiveness for our sins, and make Him our Lord. We all fail at times to submit to His Lordship, but He does forgive us for sins. He knows if we have hardened our hearts to His will and just don't care what He wants. If we love Him and are try earnestly to obey Him at all times, we will still occassionally fail to do His will. But God knows our heart conditions towards Him. He knows if we love Him and desire to do His will or if we just don't care.

I pray that God will bring peace into your heart about this concern. God bless you. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's suicide.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Mon May 24, 2010 3:38 pm

These are my opinions.

If your dad was a christian and he professed Jesus to be Lord, then I believe he is in heaven. I know people disagree that people who comitt suicide aren't in heaven.

Yet, God's grace is plentiful. Suicide is a sin, so is lying, stealing, etc. So, in theory, if anyone had sin in their life that they didn't confess of before they died (because a lot of people claim there isn't time to confess before you die in suicide), then they would be in hell too. That includes sins that we don't count as sins, but God sees them as sins. How is someone physically killing themselves different from those that slowly kill themselves by overeating, smoking, not exercising, and participating in drug use, etc.? It's not, it's man that puts labels on things, and assigns weight to sins, Not God.

I had a dream about my deceased dad, and I think dreams like that are meant to be more comfort than anything. Take comfort, he was dressed in light colored clothes, compared to the darker clothes that he wore in real life. That is a good thing. Also, I believe that by you asking him those questions, instead of asking him if he was in heaven, he could have been giving you a literal answer. No, he wasn't with them at the moment, but he did get to see them. Light can't cohabitate with darkness.

These are just my opinions and I hope they help.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ldblrwbc on Mon May 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Thank you both very much for your opinions!! They are both very comforting. All I can do is be comforted and at peace with his death. I know that God sometimes does things for a purpose. I have always been christian, but I was never close to Jesus until my father passed. Now I have been saved & see life & death in a whole new light. I like to think that possibly my dad's death was for the purpose of bringing me close to Jesus......because it did.

God Bless!!

ldblrwbc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucygirl on Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm

"....I like to think that possibly my dad's death was for the purpose of bringing me close to Jesus......because it did.....". God never wastes pain, I believe that your father's death was not for that purpose, but your fellowship with God is the by product.

lucygirl

View user profile http://westlucygirl@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top