Beautiful Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beautiful Site

Post by agaperus on Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi all;
As a new member I'm taking a moment to say hello. I'm a mom of 3, grandmother to 4. Love all my children and God has certainly filled my quiver. I'm truly blessed.
I have stumbled upon free lance writing, and love it. I was hired to work for a Christian radio station as a constituent member service reperesentative, a great sounding title but in actuality was just customer service. After a year on the job however, the editor of the bimonthly devotional magazine sent out an internal appeal for devotional writers. i have always loved writing, so submitted my trial devotional, and was accepted to write! For the next couple of years I wrote 2 devotionals per edition, but the magazine went to a different format and the devotionals were no longer relavent. Thinking that was the end of my writing career, I thanked God for the opportunity. However, shortly afterward my friend, the editor, accepted a position with a different ministry and I was invited to write for them. I did and some of my devotionals for the new ministry are found translated in different languages! Through all this, I can see God working; it's so amazing. One of the first verses that God placed on my heart as a baby Christian was 1 Corinthians 1:27 " Instead, God deliberately chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose those who are powerless to shame those who are powerful." And this is me in a nutshell; weak and foolish.
God bless,
Kathy
agaperus

agaperus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beautiful Site

Post by Nyagali on Sat May 22, 2010 4:29 am

Hi Kathy, welcome here! I've been on about a month I think and also have appreciated this place very much. Thanks for sharing. I love that verse you shared. Isn't it amazing that God takes us who are simple and fills us with HIS life? I'm seeing more and more that life is all about Hearing Jesus. How can we live moment by moment without hearing Him? It is so easy to go my own way. Jesus is good! I too am a mom, of 2, and a grandma of 2 also! It sure is wonderful. I've got the kids all weekend and we are headed up a few hours to spend the weekend with my sister. It is so good to have the privilege of being part of their lives and share Jesus with them.
See you around!
Joy aka nyagali

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by agaperus on Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 am

Hi Joy; how nice to get your message; yes it is truly a blessing to be a part of my grandson's lives and to share Jesus with them. Their mom and dad don't go to church with us, but they do like to come so I get to bring themn almost every Sunday; I also get to babysit everynow and then. Last week they were in between school and a summer program so i got to have them three days. One of those days we had a water gun fight! Guess who got the most soaked? Not the 6 or 7 year old, not the 9 year old, but this old 56 year old who cant quite run like she used to! It was a lot of fun though. We laughed and giggled like crazy. have fun at your sisters this weekend too.
God bless,
kathy

agaperus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top