Difference between Prophet and Seer

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Difference between Prophet and Seer

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:39 am

lol! Yeah! That's the kicker. He is always changing it up!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 am

I pray for a discerning eye and a heart to understand.

Not just for my family but for the people of God. I never thought in a lifetime that I would be at a point where God would have me see things, but maybe thats why Daniel and Ezekiel always intrigued me even though they arent easy books to understand.
KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 am

This is a GREAT discussion!!!!
This whole thing amazes me because I've seen a difference in my seeing ability. I used to see things sooo clearly. My dreams were vivid and in worship services I could see as if I was living in a different realm, but now that I've moved into the role of a prophet in my church, I don't see as much...I hear more. Even how I hear has changed. In the beginning, I would have a "bubble up" feeling, which made it easy, but now its really a faith move for me.
We have prophetic worship nights every first Sunday evening and my Pastor and I team up and minister to all that we can. He used to have everyone line up and we would just prophesy to them, but now we stand in the front and pick people out...YIKES...that is a little more difficult. Now that I don't see as much, I'm literally picking people out by faith. Sometimes I will hear a word when I first see them and that's it. The beautiful thing is, once I say that word to them, the rest of the prophecy just flows.
Prophecy is HUGE in the body of Christ and it needs to be available more for the people.
Does anyone know anything about being a prophet over a region and what that looks like?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!
Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 am

i kno a lill,, um ur anointg an authority is 4 a geographikal area,or regoin, an that is in ur heart, an grows,, u can minister powerfuly ,ther, in a a way ur apostolik in ur prophetik, i beleave u can call the shots,in that place, ,,, i hadda drm i was in afrika an i got chased by a strongman, i got 2 fence an got ova, i knew i was outta my range, wen ova the fence i was safe an the strongman kuddnt touch me,, ,,6months later i drmt i was bak ther an had authority, ,,,hope this helps c,
dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Ok so its more about authority? The area is VERY impoverished and there is a principality of poverty and death there. This city used to have an airport that was thriving and there was life about 25-30 years ago, but now businesses have closed down and the homelessness have inclined.
Now, my next question is...shouldn't I have a heart for this area? The only reason why I'm thinking about moving there because of prophetic words I received about being a prophet for that area. I don't have the DRIVE or the DESIRE and truthfully the heart that I feel I should have for the area to move there. This could be a faith move for me. My Pastor didn't have the love for the city until 6 months after he moved there.
I've never "seen" anything pretaining to this area...nor do I "hear" anything pertaining to this area a whole lot. I pray for the city...but don't have the desire...
Just wondering... By the way...I'm not trying to change the topic or anything...just had this question.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!
Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

:offtopic:

Just teasin'.

Two Cents

You should have the heart for it, Cholette. God gives us the desires of our heart (He puts them there and then fills them when the desires are of a spirit nature) and He moves the kings heart where He wants it to go. If you don't have the desire the anointing is probably not there for you. Not that it will never be but for one would not make a move into something without a burning desire to do so unless you knew FOR SURE that was what you were supposed to do.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com
Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Amen Mia!! I believe that is why the doors haven't opened for me there yet. I've tried several times to move there and each time something happens. I will just be still and know that God is God!!
Thanks!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm

move ther,, ,, hmmm not sure about that one, um jus 2 go one bigger ,ive herd of of prophets haveing a national anoitg but not international, but they cant live everywer in ther country, ,,i think shut doors is a clear sign 4 now, ,,,um i feel a pastoral anointg is way diff froma prophtek anointg, ,,,besides old testiment prophs wer more itinerent, yo feel me,
dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 am

Cholette wrote:This is a GREAT discussion!!!!
This whole thing amazes me because I've seen a difference in my seeing ability. I used to see things sooo clearly. My dreams were vivid and in worship services I could see as if I was living in a different realm, but now that I've moved into the role of a prophet in my church, I don't see as much...I hear more. Even how I hear has changed. In the beginning, I would have a "bubble up" feeling, which made it easy, but now its really a faith move for me.
We have prophetic worship nights every first Sunday evening and my Pastor and I team up and minister to all that we can. He used to have everyone line up and we would just prophesy to them, but now we stand in the front and pick people out...YIKES...that is a little more difficult. Now that I don't see as much, I'm literally picking people out by faith. Sometimes I will hear a word when I first see them and that's it. The beautiful thing is, once I say that word to them, the rest of the prophecy just flows.
Prophecy is HUGE in the body of Christ and it needs to be available more for the people.
Does anyone know anything about being a prophet over a region and what that looks like?

In worship, I literally look around to see if anyone ever stands out (doesn't happen really but its apart of my practice), or if someone may slightly stand out at some point during the service, I do fight to try to make sure its not my own spirit or zeal wanting to move out, so sometimes it takes me awhile to wade through that. In so many words you said it, I have to move out by faith and believe God won't leave me hanging laugh

Its just amazing how I see some guys who know they can do it, move out in it with no problem, see and hear so easily it seems...What are they doing that im not
KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

From what I've learned about the prophetic it has to do with a fasted prayer life...along with faith. I'm amazed when I watch my Pastor move in the prophetic. He does it with such ease and the level of the prophecies are so amazing. When my pastor gives a date and a time frame...you can count it as done...he's soooo accurate. I want to be like that for God, but I know it's going to take another level of prayer and fasting for me. It's not in the works of it...but in the setting myself apart to continue being cultivated in this calling and connected more to the heart of God.
The prophetic is so needed today. People are hurting. I remember being in a store and I kept passing this lady in the aisle. She looked like she was in despair. I walked around the store and asked God for a word for her. I didn't see her walking in the store anymore so I figured God wasn't going to allow me to give her a word. When I got to the checkout stand, there she was in front of me. She turned around and gave me a half smile and BOOM I heard the word of the Lord for her. I just gave her what I heard and her countenance just changed. I asked her if she knew the Lord and she said not really. I tried to lead her to Christ, but it wasn't the timing, but THIS is the type of thing I want to do for the Lord... all for HIS glory.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 am

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am

an anionted werd from the lord can change a persons life 4eva, and the werld 2
dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Amen on that one... all it takes is one word!..because whatever he says is Major!

Im not in full time ministry and I realize my assignment and life is not the same as everyone else's, I just have a desire to see more, but im certain they also had to have been down this same road.
KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl.voges.9 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:24 pm

I am very new to this site as well- God has always given me dreams and visions- I had another one last night, and came across this wonderful site after seeking Him with what He was trying to say to me. I too, had never heard the term "seer" except in a horror film- and immediately thought the same thing- "soothsayer" or something of that nature- thank you for clearing that up for me- I do now understand it is Biblical. I'm looking forward to learning more of what God's purpose is for me in all of this. Thank you!

Cheryl
cheryl.voges.9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top