Interpreting a Prophetic Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interpreting a Prophetic Dream

Post by daphanie02 on Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 am

Interpreting a Prophetic Dream by Mia Sherwood

Should I give an interpretation?

If you don't understand a dream or are usually not quite spot on in prophetic interpretation
simply share what you saw and let the vision speak for itself. It does not make it any less
prophetic and the bible is our greatest example of that!

When the Lord shows me a prophetic dream for the nation, (such as a storm, or a tornado
doing damage, flooding, a crane hitting a building, the Virginia tech shooting, etc.) when I
post the prophecy, I don't try to interpret it or post a specific interpretation with words
because my words detract from the vision. The symbols are always right but my words
cannot do them justice if I try to describe the vision with learned language skills, because I
am a "
seer" (chozeh), which means I get prophetic revelation through visions.

Whereas a prophet (nabiy') receives revelation mainly through auditory manifestations
with spoken words, he does great speaking words with precision because they are not his
words, they are God's words. He is not relying on learned language skills but instead He is
often given specific words to speak and he delivers the message as he hears it spoken.
His message isn't dependent on his natural ability to speak and articulate the message

Sometimes, I receive prophetic revelation in words and it is awesome when I do but that is
not usually the case with visions. I see things in the spirit and then have to use my learned
English language to relate them (to paint a mental picture). Therefore, since I am human
and prone to error, I usually choose to just publish what I have seen and to let the symbols
speak for themselves when the fulfillment comes to pass.

Does the lack of interpretation make the prophecy less prophetic? No. The bible is full of
prophecies that are not interpreted. Our generation thinks we know what many of the bible
prophecies mean and I am pretty sure what the visions that I get mean also, but instead of
trying to feebly interpret them with my human ability, and taking away from them by doing
so, I let the visions speak for themselves when the reality is manifested.

If you are trying to understand your dreams and visions but you sometimes don't, relax and
trust God to give you the understanding when, and if, you need the understanding.

This article was written by Mia Sherwood and can be found at www.heartsongministry.com

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interpreting a Prophetic Dream

Post by Gissy2 on Sat May 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for sharing this Mia. This is so refreshing to read. When I first attempt to interpret my dreams I thought everything was "textbook" I had some dreams which I knew was prophetic when I got an interpretation, somehow I felt in my heart it didn't match and I would get frustrated with myself because I felt I was being stubborn. I would pray for an answer, I would ponder it and still not really have a solid answer, I would literally end up at square one. After this article, I realize I should state it, relax and allow God to bring it to pass.

A good scripture brought to my attention is Habakkuk 2:2-3 "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun May 16, 2010 8:14 am

WOW I love that verse!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Newborn dreams

Post by Heavensatmyfingertips on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 pm

First off let me say I've been separated from my husband for 4 years, I do want the restoration of our marriage, but so far he doesn't. I have had alot of dreams about newborn babies, I'm usually holding them, and also have had lots of dreams that my husband and I are living in my grandparents home or are now gone to be with the Lord. Here is my latest dream. I'd like to know what it might mean.

I had a dream last night. Kevin and I were together, and we were living in my grandparents house, funny thing is my grandparents were there too, and they've been gone about 7 years. Well one has my grandpa has been gone 16 years. Anyway, in the dream we had a new born, not sure if it was a boy or girl, but we had a new born, we had to take it to the doctor for shots, we went in the dream we were back home and Kevin was carrying the baby in the house, and I was behind him, all of a sudden I was carrying the new born. I asked Kevin in the dream what do you want for supper and he said ham, mashed taters, and tomato beard, I was like whats tomato beard, he said you know what it is, but look it up on the internet and you'll find a recipe. Then in the dream I looked at Kevin he was sitting at the table reading the newspaper and I had a feeling pray, pray for him or he may leave again, you don't want that pain again, so in the dream I started praying for God to settle Kevin's heart for him to stay with me and not leave again. Kevin looked up and smiled. And then I said Kevin something is wrong with the babies shots, she's straching at them, he said don't worry it's normal, I went in the living room to change her diaper, my grandparents were in there sleeping, but then I felt how am I going to buy groceries we don't have any money right now. Then I woke up.
Anyone have a idea what it might mean?

Heavensatmyfingertips

View user profile

Back to top Go down

grandparents comparison

Post by hairttonia on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Perhaps something in you grandparents marriage is showing up in yours, generational curses can be broken.

hairttonia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top