Dream leaves me feeling unsettled.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream leaves me feeling unsettled.

Post by DebbiJohn on Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 pm

I need some input. We recently were asked to leave a church because of some differences between my husband and I and the pastors. We both felt that God wanted us to minister in this small church. We were to bring our maturity and wisdom and knowledge to help these young pastors grow. We were also to teach the people how to find/hear God's voice in His Word. In everything we did we were respectful of them as pastors but they told us we were a threat to them. God had told us that this would be the last stop before we began our own ministry. Through out the last year we have both had several dreams which have helped us through this trial.
For the most part your site has been extremely helpful in interpreting the dreams but I have had one that I cannot get peace about.
Here goes:
I am in a meeting room, tables are set, women are coming in. The female pastor is going around putting the finishing touches on the tables. She starts talking to me and asks me to speak and teach them. I immediatley feel caution flood me and tell her no. She keeps insisting that I am to teach them now. She is ready for me to teach. I keep telling her no. Finally, I am getting irritated with her and blurt out "Look, I came to teach and you wouldn't hear what God wanted to say. I don't trust you. I don't trust that you really want to hear what I have to teach you from God's Word." I felt bad about saying that. The whole thing has left me feeling unsettled.
I have prayed to ask for forgiveness for my anger towards her for the gossip and hurt she caused my family. I pray that God will bless them. As long as people are being saved through their ministry I believe God will take care of the rest. Is the female pastor literal or figural? Have I missed something? Yes, it stings how they let us go, but I have honestly tried to forgive and move on. In the last five years I have had couple of dreams about people trying to steal my baby. I don't want to miss God's direction.

Thanks so much for your help.
Blessings!

DebbiJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream leaves me feeling unsettled.

Post by judylane on Tue May 11, 2010 12:14 pm

As to the baby.. That could be about a ministry yet to be birthed. Or some thing yet to be birthed in your life.

The word says it is Satan who comes to kill steal and kill. His work is to stop the lords’ work.

In your life as well as any calling placed on your life.

But …..

What bothers me is this dream is saying. One of the Lords servants is in the wrong. And you are rebuking a pastor in the dream. And in a sense being lifted up as right.

(And ..you may be,but caution is called for. )

Is the Lord trying to teach you some thing through this experience?

I think the caution is about the under standing of it . Look deeper into the dream and seek the Lord.

Please do not take offence ..this is not written in that spirit.

I think the pastor symbolic.. Pray for a deeper personal insight.

My sister in Jesus .I wish you the lords blessing.

Been there my self …

judylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbiJohn on Tue May 11, 2010 10:55 pm

I asked for help so no offense is taken! I have been meditating on this and asking God for help understanding. So last night I have another dream.
I am at a bbq with another Pastor who has a very special type of ministery for men. One of the men was cooking and the Pastor and I were standing next to him talking about bbq styles of cooking, favorite sauces etc. All of a sudden he turns to me and says "It didn't have to turn out this way." I felt confused and sad all at the same time. That was the end of the dream.
I talked to my husband and he says well of course it didn't have to turn out like this. And I wish it didn't, but it is what it is now.
I can only think of "beauty from ashes, oil of joy for mourning"
Lord open our eyes and heart to the ministry you have for us!

DebbiJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed May 12, 2010 6:08 am

We too have left a few churches and home groups. It is always painful and it has never been something I've ever wanted to do. But God looks after us who leave and those who stay! It is His ministry, not ours. All we can do is hear Jesus, that is what life is about. Communion with our heavenly King! But our focus can't even be on that. Our focus is on Him and everything else is secondary. This is why we have so many splits in the body. We focus on the things, the blessings, the life, not on Him alone!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbiJohn on Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 am

Nyagali - Is this supposed to be interpretation or opinion?

DebbiJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed May 12, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Debbi, Sorry, I shouldn't have replied without sticking to the purpose of this forum. Those were thoughts to what you had shared more about your situation than the dream itself, expressing my sorrow at the church that they have a hard time hearing Jesus most of the time! God bless you as he leads you on....keep hearing!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top