Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 am

:yes:

See from my study of the bible I believe numbers in dreams are absolutely literal. They are so literal they are a standard that we use to measure the accuracy of the symbolism used. The branches equalling three days was obviously accurate after the three days came to pass. We need something concrete and dependable in dreams to measure their accuracy by and numbers have always been that.

If we deviate from biblical patterns established then what we are doing really isn't biblical even if it is widely practiced. Here is where the problem comes in. What if we've been taught to do something that is wrong? What if we are mixing leaven in unknowingly?

What if what we are doing is totally not biblical but it is this instead?

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This nu·mer·ol·o·gy (nōō'mə-rŏl'ə-jē, nyōō'-) Pronunciation Key
n. The study of the occult meanings of numbers and their supposed influence on human life.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am

I don't have any proof of God putting the actual numerals themselves in dreams in the bible, but there is plenty of proof that he conveyed numbers symbolically. Like in the dream Joseph interpreted for Pharaoh.. there were seven fat cows and seven lean cows symbolizing sven years. (Genesis 41:17-24). In this dream the number of animals were symbolic for years. I guess I just simply believe God can and will use anything to make his point. So..I totally believe he can use actual numerals if he wants to. I know your looking for actual proof or support to the beilief.. so I'll scour my bible to see if I can find any.

Love,
Jen

Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am

oops.. I messed up and stopped reading on page one. I see what ya'll are saying. What about the 144,000 sealed in Revelations.. that's the actual number of people sealed right? The bible even goes on to break the number down into actual number per tribe. That does not seem symbolic for anything.

Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:50 am

The 144, 000 thousand is literal, not symbolic and this is for the Jews in the last days.

Numbers can be important but I want to also state I have seen and I can think quite a few people that go way off and over board on the numbers thing. Probably because I have seen this happen far to often it makes my stomach tighten up in not a good way.
They would look at the clock all the time whether next to the bed or the car, geesh! and just try to put these numbers into everything they did or would say or get. People need to rely on the Holy Spirit for the numbers/times because people can become almost to an obsession on this numbers thing. What happens is that begin to operate inthe flesh with th numbers thing instead of the Holy Spirit leading or guiding them and they get way out there. Im sure perhaps some of you here have seen this same type of thing.

There is truly a balance and people can become out of balance when trying to fleshly manuever numbers and times and things into things the Lord never called us to do or ever said, amen:) :babymonkey:

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:38 am

And the number in the cows and the corn was literal. The number was seven years. The cows and the corn were symbolic for food sources.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 am

I'm confused are we looking for literal or symbolic??

Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVID B COYLE-DOWLING on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:47 am

amazing site-just joined-recent dream about numbers-went into shop in usa to buy meat-only had my local s a rands in my pocket-shop owner said to go to mall to buy dollars with my ten rands dream ended .God is a God of order very specific .as each dream is interpreted with the Holy Spirit guidance numbers can be interpreted literally,symbolically but is there a biblical foundation .will pray & watch site God bless

DAVID B COYLE-DOWLING

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:52 am

Jen, I think the original topic was to see if the Bible used numbers symbolically.

For the most part, from what I have seen over the weekend, numbers were used literal...not symbolically. I agree with Mia...the number that Pharoah saw in his dream was literal, not symbolic.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:15 am

What are s a rands?

Your dream is interseting. The symbolism for the value of US dollar being valuable I surely do like.

interpreted literally,symbolically but is there a biblical foundation.......... I also don't understand this.

Cholette,

That's right. Additionally, I am trying to ascertain where we came by the belief that numbers (or many things for that matter - but I think numbers get abused the most) have a certain concrete meaning and is THAT biblical.

See the thing that concerns me is the difference between symbolism and numerology. And in the bible I don't see numbers used symbolically at all.

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Yes, I totally agree about the numerology aspect...

Now that I'm awake and have mental clarity ( :-) ), I can articulate more about the area of confusion for me. IMO, there does appear to be symbolic use of numbers in the Bible; HOWEVER, this doesn't occur in biblical dreams. And I think that was done for a reason, namely to not create confusion and turn number interpretation into numerology...

That was the issue I was referring to in my post from last night. If we, knowing the numerical symbolism to some degree, have a dream with numbers in it, do we run the risk of misinterpreting the dream because we've put too much weight on the number as a symbol rather than as a literal quantifier? What if the number isn't a quantifier but stands out so much you can't help but think there's a reason for it? I have to admit, if I have a dream and items in my dream keep appearing in groups of a particular number, I'm probably going to consider the biblical use of the number to see if it has any relevance to my dream BUT with caution and much prayer. (Yes, I see the contradiction with my earlier statement...:-) )

As I mentioned in my original post on this topic, numbers in my own dreams tend to be used as a tool by the Lord to direct me to scripture. But still, that's a literal use.

I think ultimately, the interpretation of numbers should be done cautiously and, as with all dreams, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Lurdys,

Great post!

Can you give us some examples of numbers in the bible being symbolic?

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Well, depends on how you define symbolic...:-)...I think that's another piece of this discussion. I think many Christians define numerical symbols based on or similar to the following that was taken from the Holman Bible Dictionary:

http://www.studylight.org/dic/hbd/view.cgi?number=T4649

Take the number 7 for example. Here is the symbolic explanation:
"In addition to their usage to designate specific numbers or quantities, many numbers in the Bible came to have a symbolic meaning. Thus seven came to symbolize completeness and perfection. God's work of creation was both complete and perfect—and it was completed in seven days. All of mankind's existence was related to God's creative activity. The seven-day week reflected God's first creative activity. The sabbath was that day of rest following the work week, reflective of God's rest (Genesis 1:1-2:4). Israelites were to remember the land also and give it a sabbath, permitting it to lie fallow in the seventh year (Leviticus 25:2-7). Seven was also important in cultic matters beyond the sabbath: major festivals such as Passover and Tabernacles lasted seven days as did wedding festivals (Judges 14:12,Judges 14:17). In Pharaoh's dream, the seven good years followed by seven years of famine (Genesis 41:1-36) represented a complete cycle of plenty and famine. Jacob worked a complete cycle of years for Rachel; then, when he was given Leah instead, he worked an additional cycle of seven (Genesis 29:15-30).

A major Hebrew word for making an oath or swearing, shava', was closely related to the word seven, sheva'. The original meaning of “swear an oath” may have been “to declare seven times” or “to bind oneself by seven things.

A similar use of the number seven can be seen in the New Testament. The seven churches (Revelation 2-3) perhaps symbolized by their number all the churches. Jesus taught that forgiveness is not to be limited, even to a full number or complete number of instances. We are to forgive, not merely seven times (already a gracious number of forgivenesses), but seventy times seven (limitless forgiveness, beyond keeping count) (Matthew 18:21-22).

As the last example shows, multiples of seven frequently had symbolic meaning. The year of Jubilee came after the completion of every forty-nine years. In the year of Jubilee all Jewish bondslaves were released and land which had been sold reverted to its former owner (Leviticus 25:8-55). Another multiple of seven used in the Bible is seventy. Seventy elders are mentioned (Exodus 24:1,Exodus 24:9). Jesus sent out the seventy (Luke 10:1-17). Seventy years is specified as the length of the Exile (Jeremiah 25:12, Jeremiah 29:10; Daniel 9:1: 2). The messianic kingdom was to be inaugurated after a period of seventy weeks of years had passed (Daniel 9:24)."

Now I personally don't consider the dream examples valid as they really are literal. The number seven in these dreams only quantify, seven itself doesn't mean anything other than seven. OTOH, there does seem to be a pattern to the synbolic use of seven in the Bible to the point where we associate certain things with the number seven (e.g., completeness) as opposed to other numbers, hence the symbolic association.

Thoughts?

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Lurdys,

Good sentence.... it depends on how you define symbolic.

Okay, now bear with me in this and try to be as open to whatever the truth is as you possible can be and I am doing the same while keeping a level head.

With Rachael and Leah's seven years.... these are the things that stick out to me. We use a round 30 days for a month. Does that make 30 symbolic for something or is it a standard unit of time that we default to? Or even our years... We use 365 days... instead of a period of weeks like they did in bible times. But when I see 365 all it represents to me is what it is.... a year. When I see 30 to me it is not symbolic it means a month. I feel the same way toward that as I do the number seven in years, days, whatever. Could it not just be that they were predisposed to use that number as we are say predisposed to use 10 or 100 or a thousand? Do we use those numbers because there is some symbolic value to it or is it because that is just a default for our society. Could seven and seventy just be a default number for their society instead of what we are preposing it to mean?

The original meaning of “swear an oath” may have been ........ See things like may have been disturb me. I just want the truth. Show me concrete evidence or I'm not buying it.

I see that multiples of seven are often used... just like we use multiples of ten. That doesn't necessarily make them mean anything other than seven/seventy/seven time seven were numbers similar in their society to 10 and 100 in our society.

See, there is no example there that they were used symbolically. Just that they were commonly used in multiples of 7. Or rather, that seven was used the way we use 10 now, as a standard.

Let me explain how I came to be the prove it to me person. Once upon a time, I spent alot of time binding and loosing in prayer until I found out that historically (when Jesus told Peter that he had the keys to the kingdom and whatever he bound would be bound on earth and in heaven and whatever he loosed it would be the same) what that meant back in the day was that Peter was given authority to make religious laws and to rescind religious laws. Just like Peter later did. Peter decided that gentiles were only to be bound to four laws (found in the new testament). He also loosed the church from being bound to the dietary laws that Jews prescribed to.

I spent a lot of time praying and feeling like my binding and loosing was ineffective. About then the Lord taught me and brought to my understanding the truth about that scripture. The early church based the authority that the pope now has on this interpretation of that passage of scripture. It is where the Catholic church gets the practice of relying on the pope who is descended from Peter's leadership (according to church history) to make or change religious law. They believe because the current pope has taken Peter place he has the authority that was given to Peter in that scripture, to make or break current religious law.

The Lord also showed me that whatever we do in our current church if we didn't see Him or the disciples doing it, why would we waste our time doing something that might not be very effective? Or worse, why would we do something that makes us ineffective? Imagine for just a minute that I am correct in my understanding of the binding and loosing tradition and that we have misinterpreted it. Can you imagine if the phrase I bind you is really not what we think it is and how a demon would respond when someone says I bind you? I can picture them laughing themselves silly. If we have misinterpreted it and it is ineffective then what would be better than having the portion of the church that still believes they have the power and authority over demons using their power and authotity totally ineffectively?

As a result, I changed the way I prayed. I decided that I was not going to practice any portion of my spiritual walk in a way that I do not have a biblical example to practice it. What Jesus did, I will do. What the disciples did, I will do. If they didn't do, why would I? When I see a situation that the Holy Spirit is directing me to pray and take authority over, I tell the devil to GET OUT IN JESUS NAME. So because the Lord showed me these things and taught me to follow Him and His example, I have put that philosophy into practice in all the areas of my walk with Christ and at present, I'm working it out into learning, understanding, and teaching, how and why the church came to it's present practice of using numbers they way they are being used.

Anyway, this was not supposed to be about prayer but this is why I am learning to not do things that I've always done just because I've been taught to do them that way and because that is the way everybody else does them. Show me why and where in the bible a.) there are SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this taking place, and then b.) give me at least two, most the time THREE scriptures SPECIFICALLY and IN CONTEXT which back up what you are trying to teach me or what I am trying to unlearn. When I say in context... if the bible chapter is not about what we want the scripture to support, I don't usually accept it.

Savvy?

Love,
Mia

thinking

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:06 am

WOW Mia!!!! The whole "Binding and Loosing" was taken out of my prayer life too!! I thought I was the ONLY one to do that...God is GOOD!!! :clap:

I agree with everything you said. This whole "number" thing has caused me to go back and renew my mind on a lot of things. I think things are way more simplistic than what we are making it. Sometimes as Christians we get so deep and spooky when God is sending us a simple message...it's just that we have to dig a little bit to figure it out. thinking

Interpretation is FASCINATING to me in this season of my life because I never thought I would be so connected to it. Being a part of this site has taught and introduced me to another facet of my relationship with the Lord. Not only can He speak to me in my heart, but He will communicate to me in my sleep at a level where He desires and in a way where he and ONLY he can reveal to me.

Numbers are numbers and to focus on their meaning and trying to get a message out of something where there may not be a message distracts us away from the "simple" message that God is communicating to us. God is beautiful and I bless Him for loving me enough to speak to me in his still small voice and in pictures (dreams and visions). How can anyone NOT serve such an awesome God?? praying

Thanks for this enlightening topic... happy dance

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:14 am

Mia -

Actually, I think we're on the same page...you asked for examples of where numbers are used symbolically and I referenced an example of where it's used "symbolically". I agree that the use is more that of pattern than actual symbol, but I wanted to get other thoughts to better understand...

My additional concern is if we have this knowledge of numerical patterns in our conscious or subconscious and we dream numbers/numerical references, are the numbers of God or are they of our subconscious manifesting in our dreams? (Most likely our subconscious) And when we attempt to interpret these numbers do we do ourselves a disservice by spending too much time on them vs other symbols in our dreams? (Yes) And, as I think you mentioned in an earlier post, at what point does this turn into numerology? (After 30 seconds...:-) )

And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your last point...(yes, savvy!)

<<Show me why and where in the bible a.) there are SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this taking place, and then b.) give me at least two, most the time THREE scriptures SPECIFICALLY and IN CONTEXT which back up what you are trying to teach me or what I am trying to unlearn. When I say in context... if the bible chapter is not about what we want the scripture to support, I don't usually accept it.>>

It is so important to stay close to the Word in order to be able to discern and separate wheat from chaff as it relates to what we take in as spiritual food (regardless of its source)!

Thanks for a provocative discussion and learning!

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:25 am

Cholette wrote:WOW Mia!!!! The whole "Binding and Loosing" was taken out of my prayer life too!! I thought I was the ONLY one to do that...God is GOOD!!! :clap:

I agree with everything you said. This whole "number" thing has caused me to go back and renew my mind on a lot of things. I think things are way more simplistic than what we are making it. Sometimes as Christians we get so deep and spooky when God is sending us a simple message...it's just that we have to dig a little bit to figure it out. thinking

Interpretation is FASCINATING to me in this season of my life because I never thought I would be so connected to it. Being a part of this site has taught and introduced me to another facet of my relationship with the Lord. Not only can He speak to me in my heart, but He will communicate to me in my sleep at a level where He desires and in a way where he and ONLY he can reveal to me.

Numbers are numbers and to focus on their meaning and trying to get a message out of something where there may not be a message distracts us away from the "simple" message that God is communicating to us. God is beautiful and I bless Him for loving me enough to speak to me in his still small voice and in pictures (dreams and visions). How can anyone NOT serve such an awesome God?? praying

Thanks for this enlightening topic... happy dance

Cholette,

Wow.

Probably while you were writing this the Lord was saying the EXACT same thing to my heart.

He said, I've made it so simple...............

Awesome post. It is really awesome. You are saying exactly what is in my heart.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:27 am

lola21st wrote:Mia -

Actually, I think we're on the same page...you asked for examples of where numbers are used symbolically and I referenced an example of where it's used "symbolically". I agree that the use is more that of pattern than actual symbol, but I wanted to get other thoughts to better understand...

My additional concern is if we have this knowledge of numerical patterns in our conscious or subconscious and we dream numbers/numerical references, are the numbers of God or are they of our subconscious manifesting in our dreams? (Most likely our subconscious) And when we attempt to interpret these numbers do we do ourselves a disservice by spending too much time on them vs other symbols in our dreams? (Yes) And, as I think you mentioned in an earlier post, at what point does this turn into numerology? (After 30 seconds...:-) )

And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your last point...(yes, savvy!)

<<Show me why and where in the bible a.) there are SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of this taking place, and then b.) give me at least two, most the time THREE scriptures SPECIFICALLY and IN CONTEXT which back up what you are trying to teach me or what I am trying to unlearn. When I say in context... if the bible chapter is not about what we want the scripture to support, I don't usually accept it.>>

It is so important to stay close to the Word in order to be able to discern and separate wheat from chaff as it relates to what we take in as spiritual food (regardless of its source)!

Thanks for a provocative discussion and learning!

Blessings,

Lurdys

Another, WOW.

And I really loved this part......

And when we attempt to interpret these numbers do we do ourselves a disservice by spending too much time on them vs other symbols in our dreams? (Yes) And, as I think you mentioned in an earlier post, at what point does this turn into numerology? (After 30 seconds...:-) )

Both your posts are mirroring back what I feel and sense in my spirit about the topic.

I love it!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am

Lurdys

I'm going to try to remember to come back to your comment about having it in our subconscious.

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

Cholette-

Your insight is spot on...we make things more difficult or complex than God intends for them to be! And not just as it relates to dreams... :duhh:

We are reminded that God is not a God of confusion...

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:42 am

You both were spot on. You said practically the same things.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 am

Mia -

<<I'm going to try to remember to come back to your comment about having it in our subconscious.>>

Yes, I look forward to your thoughts on this piece as its been weighing on me recently.

Taking it one step further as this has been weighing on me as well...we have to be SOOOO careful when interpreting dreams or doing anything else in the prophetic to make sure it is God doing the work and not us. Our frame of reference, belief system (this includes social, political as well as spiritual), personal experiences, etc. can shape both our dreams as well as our interpretations and other prophetics. It is so important that we pray before serving the Lord in this area to ensure that we are submitting our thoughts, beliefs, etc. to Him so that what we hear is His voice, not ours, and follow His promptings so that we receive and communicate what He tells us.

This is also why it's important to get confirmation from at least two other people when one receives an interpretation or prophetic word.

And the second piece to this which ties back to your point Mia is that everything should begin and end with the Bible. The Bible should be our only reference. There's more to be said on this piece but I need to speak on it later and will probably continue this topic in another section of the website.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Lurdys,

I think one thing that people don't realize is that if they don't sense the anointing come and rest upon them then they are probably interpreting dreams in the flesh.

I would really appreciate it if you refer to it at this part of the site because I will probably end up making this thread sticky for people to read when they are interpreting numbers. SO TIA!

Mia

Last edited by Mia on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:53 pm

will do!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:05 pm

With scriptural references:

One: Also First: New; beginning; unity; timing; position or order primacy; deity; sufficiency. (Du. 6:4; John 17: 21; Matt. 6: 33; Ex. 20: 3; Rev. 1: 11, 17; 2: 8; Is. 44: 6; 45: 5-6)

Two: Witnessing; separation; discernment; wholeness in marriage; division; enmity; opposition; dividing light and darkness; relationship between God and man is closely tied to our relationship with man. (Gen. 1: 6-8, 27; 2: 24; 16: 21; Ex. 31: 18; Ecc. 4: 9-10; Matt. 19: 5-6; 22: 37-40; 1 Tim. 5: 19; John 8: 17; Rev. 11: 2-4)

Three and Third: Complete; perfection; witness; divine fullness; solid attributes; Godhead; conform; resurrection power over sin; divine fullness. (Romans 3: 9; 6: 9; 1 Sam. 3: 8; Jonah 1: 16-17; 20: 1-9; 1 John 5: 6-7; Col. 2: 9; Eph. 3: 19; 4: 13; John 1: 16)

Four: World; earth; creation; creative work; four winds; four seasons; four corners of the earth; rule and reign over the earth; global implications such as east, west, north, south; territorial specific realm implications. (Gen. 2: 10; 41: 34; Rev. 5: 9; 7: 1, 9; 13: 7; Is. 58: 6-10; Ez. 42: 20; 46: 21; Lev. 11: 20-27; 27: 31; John 8: 34; 1 Cor. 15: 39)

Five: Grace; atonement; fivefold ministry; service (five fingers on the hand); bondage; complete wellness. (Is. 1: 12-14; Matt. 25: 2; Eph. 4: 11; Mark 6: 38-40; Luke 9: 13-16; Gen. 1: 20-23)

Six: Man; beast; Satan; flesh; carnal; toil and strain of the flesh or natural realm; work; sorrow; secular completeness. (Rev. 13: 18; 1 Sam. 17: 4-7; Gen. 1: 26-31; 4: 17-18; 2 Peter 3: 8; 2 Sam. 21: 20; Num. 35: 15)

Seven: Completion; finished work; perfection; rest; perfection in the Spirit. (Gen. 2: 1-3; Lev. 14: 7; 16: 14, 19; Matt. 18: 21-22; Jude 14; Rev. 2: 1; 8: 2; 12: 3)

Eight: Circumcision of the flesh; liberty; salvation; new beginning; resurrection life; die to self. (Gen. 17: 12; 1 Peter 3: 20-21; 2 Chron. 29: 17; 2 Peter 1: 14)

Nine: Fruit of the Spirit; gifts of the Spirit; finality; harvest; fullness of development. (Matt. 27: 45; Judges 4: 1-3; Gal. 5: 22-23; 1 Cor. 12: 4-11)

Ten: Government; law (commandments); order; tithe; measure; trial; testing. (Lev. 27: 32; Ex. 34: 28; Rev. 2: 10; 12: 3; Matt. 25:1-13)

Eleven: End; finish; final; incomplete; disorder; lawlessness. (Gen. 27: 9; 32: 33; Du. 11: 8; Ex. 26: 7; Matt. 20: 9-12)

Twelve: Divine government and election; apostolic fullness; discipleship; The Church; people of God; united; oversight. (Gen. 49: 28; Numbers 13: 1-16; Matt. 3: 14; Luke 9: 1-2; 22: 30; Rev. 12: 1; 21: 12; Rev. 22: 2; Ex. 15: 27; 29: 15; 1 Cor. 1: 10)

Thirteen: Rebellion; rejection; backsliding. (Gen. 14: 4; Esther 9: 11; 1 King 7: 1)

Fourteen: Passover; recreate, reproduce; servant. (Ex. 12: 6; 1 Kings 8: 65; Num. 9: 5; Gen. 31: 41)

Fifteen: Deliverance; grace; freedom; rest. (Lev. 23: 6-7; Hos. 3: 2; Gen. 7: 20; 2 Kings 20: 6)

Sixteen: Not under the law because of love; free; salvation. (Acts 27: 34; 37-38)

Seventeen: Spiritual order; incomplete; immature. (Gen. 37: 2; 1 Chron. 25: 5; Jer. 32: 9)

Eighteen: Bondage; judgment; destruction; captivity. (Judges 10: 7-8; Luke 13: 11-16)

Nineteen: Faith; void of self-righteousness; ashamed; barren of flesh or of Spirit; repentance. (2 Samuel 2: 30; Rom. 6: 21)

Twenty: Holy; redemption. (Ex. 30: 12-14; Rev. 4: 4)

Twenty-four: Perfection in government; priesthood; consecration; maturity. (Rev. 4: 4-10; Josh. 4: 2-9; 1 Chron. 24: 3-5; 25: 1-12; 1 Kings 19: 19)

Thirty: Beginning of ministry; maturity for ministry; blood of Christ. (Luke 3: 23; Gen. 41: 16; Num. 4: 3)

Forty: Trials; testing. (Matt. 4: 2; Num. 13: 25; 14: 33-34; Ex. 34:27-28; Matt. 26: 15; Acts 1: 6; 7: 30)

Fifty: Pentecost; Holy Spirit; jubilee; liberty; freedom. (Lev. 23: 16; 25: 10-11; Ex. 26: 5-6; 2 Kings 2: 7; Num. 8: 21)

Seventy: Transference of God’s Spirit; multitude; increase; restoration. (Num. 11: 16-29; Gen. 4: 24; 11: 26; 46: 27; Ex. 1: 5-6; 15: 27; 24: 1-9; Luke 10: 1)

Seventy-five: Cleansing and purifying; separating. (Gen. 12: 4; Dan. 12: 5-13)

One hundred: Fullness; people of promise. (Mark 5: 20; 10: 30; Gen. 26: 12)

One hundred and Twenty: Start of life in the Spirit; end of flesh life. (Acts 1: 5; 2 Chron. 3: 4; 5: 12; Gen. 6: 3; Du. 34: 7)

One hundred and forty-four: God’s fullness in all He has creation. (Rev. 7: 1-6; 14: 1-3; 21: 17; 1 Chron. 25: 7)

One hundred and Fifty: End of the judgment by water. (Gen. 8: 3)

One hundred and Fifty-three: Bringing in the harvest; revival. (John 21: 6-4)

Two Hundred: Inadequacy of needs being met in the natural and/or in the Spirit. (2 Sam. 14: 26; Josh. 7: 21; John 6: 7; Gen. 11: 19)

Three hundred: God’s chosen; God’s remnant. (Judges 7 & 8; 15: 4; Gen. 5: 22; 6: 15)

Three hundred ninety: God’s chosen; God’s remnant as in the nation of Israel. (Is. 7: 8; Ez. 4: 5)

Six-Six-Six: Antichrist; Satan; number of man; mark of the beast. (Rev. 13: 18; Dan. 3: 17)

Thousands: Coming to maturity. (Joshua 3: 3-4; 1 Sam. 17: 5, 33; Eph. 4: 13; Rev. 12: 18; 14: 9-11)

Two Thousand: Church age ending in resurrection. (Joshua 3: 4)

Ten Thousand: God’s army taught and led by God. (Du. 33: 2-3, Jude 14)

Twelve Thousand: The Lords mighty army. (Rev. 7: 5-8)

One hundred and forty-four thousand: The salvation of the world. (Rev. 7: 4)

well what'd ya know?!

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Resolution,

Give us the scriptures, not the verse and chapter and tell us how the scripture supports the symbolic use of the number, please. Because just from the few that I've glanced at, it's sort of like saying because I live at 9205 Such and such a street, 9205 is symbolic for me (because it was used in reference to something in my life).

God did not use the numbers in these scriptures (the few I looked up) in a symbolic way. It was simple use of the numbers. Those scriptures have taken numbers and used what they have been associated with and called it symbolism when it is simply association.

Thanks,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top