Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Post by merling on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 am

Why is it that some times,the people you suppose to be looking up to their characters as a new believer in ordr to grow spiritually,are the ones misbehaving?

merling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 am

I do not know but I understand. I had a horrible experience as a new believer and it took me some years to get over it.

What I have come to realize is that in some cases, our expectations are the problem. Paul said he did those things he should not do and he couldn't help it bue thank God for his grace and that Jesus would deliver him from his body of death.

One thing to learn in this is that EVERYBODY struggles with issues. Look at the basic nature of the person. Are they basically a spirit-filled leader that tries and has some flaws or they basically evil? That's where I start. I'd rather have a sweethearted person with serious flaws than a person with an ugly heart that does everything properly and I'm sure so would the Lord.

The other thing to remember is that by the same measure that we extend mercy and forgiveness, the same measure it will be returned back to us. Whenever I start to get irritated with someone's bad behavior I pray the Lord remind me how imperfect I am.

I am a lousy example of a Christian but a great example of God's grace.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am

lola21st wrote:Mia -

Actually, I think we're on the same page...you asked for examples of where numbers are used symbolically and I referenced an example of where it's used "symbolically". I agree that the use is more that of pattern than actual symbol, but I wanted to get other thoughts to better understand...

My additional concern is if we have this knowledge of numerical patterns in our conscious or subconscious and we dream numbers/numerical references, are the numbers of God or are they of our subconscious manifesting in our dreams? (Most likely our subconscious) And when we attempt to interpret these numbers do we do ourselves a disservice by spending too much time on them vs other symbols in our dreams? (Yes) And, as I think you mentioned in an earlier post, at what point does this turn into numerology? (After 30 seconds...:-) )

And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your last point...(yes, savvy!)

<>

It is so important to stay close to the Word in order to be able to discern and separate wheat from chaff as it relates to what we take in as spiritual food (regardless of its source)!

Thanks for a provocative discussion and learning!

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st wrote:And, as I think you mentioned in an earlier post, at what point does this turn into numerology? (After 30 seconds...:-) )

laugh

I was going over this thread again... lol Lurdys, you crack me up!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 pm

lol! Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:14 am

Hi,

I realize that all of these posts were 3 years ago, but I have some thoughts on this matter.

First, since we have different dream languages, is it possible for some dreamers who dream of numbers to have literal meaning for them, while others may dream sybollically? I know I dream both ways.

I had a dream once where my "Father" was watching me walk on a live railroad track.I was about 1 1/2 yrs old. I saw myself from the position of the Father. He was explaining to a man the way in which He had taught me. I took 5 steps on the track and then stepped off the track. Just then, a train came down the track that I was just on. My Father said to the gentleman, "See, We taught her 1,2,3,4,5. If We had taught her 1,2,3,4,5,6, she would have been in harm's way." I know that God was communicating to me that He has taught me the way of Grace (5), not the way of man (6). For the path I took was the path of life. If I had stayed on the track, it would have been the path of death or condemnation.

Also, I'm reminded of the verse in Revelation that says: "Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. Rev. 13:18.
God created man on the 6th day. Gen.1:31.

I have a great website that explains patterns with numbers in the Bible that are consistent in both New and Old Testaments. I know we can't publish other information, so I won't do that in order to be in compliance with the rules.

Hope this helps someone out there,

Shan

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top