Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Study on Christians and the Use of Numbers - Please read and submit a reply

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:18 am

There you go Vile. I agree.

Connie :smile:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:35 am

Amen, Vile!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer09 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I had a dream last night that I went back to my work for my previous employer and one of the ladies that I worked with came and asked me if I had to key to room 65? I was looking for the key. This is the 3rd dream that I've had about returning to work for my previous employer.

Does the number 65 have meaning? Should numbers be looked at literally or should I look at it as 6+5 ?

Thanks

Believer09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyscheihing on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:18 am

[

Last edited by sunshine on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

daisyscheihing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 am

Believer,

In the bible examples that we have, and those in my own life, numbers were used literally. I don't teach anything other than that because almost all of my dreams have literal fulfillments but when they are symbolic there is no number symbolism in them. So because I don't have a biblical basis for teaching symbolic number interpretation, nor do I have a personal example, I don't teach anything but a literal interpretation standpoint.

Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks for your input, Sunshine!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

numbers

Post by daisyscheihing on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:25 am

foundational beliefs

Mia, I don,t remember numbers ever bening preached on .I do know numbers have importance to dates and times. As in Danial and revelation. I don,t think you are asking that.

I had an experience once.We were moveing and had car trouble on the road. We had decided we could not aford to look for houseing in Sarasota. Ever thing was so high and with desposites .Impossible for us.We had parked at winDixie and my husband went in the store. Then we were leaving and going back to crystal river. I decided to take one last look at the rental adds. I had worn the papper out looking .But as I went over the rental adds again . One phone number leaped up as i read the adds.(as if it stood alone.) from all the others. The phone number was so c lear.

We did call and was able to see the rental ,.they were willing to wait for the compleat desposite down. This rental turned out to be in walking destance of my husbands job. praise the Lord. thumbs thumbs

So I know the spirit works with numbers . Several times in my life.I was given numbers as to time I had to endure a trial or live in a place . One was 3 years and one was 7 years and one was 13 years. No amount of praying changed the time set . and It so happened to work out just that way.
Sunshine

Last edited by sunshine on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : add)

daisyscheihing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:31 am

Thank you, Sunshine. I do believe that He does the things that you just described.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by faithful7 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:27 am

GOOD MORNING ,IT MAY BE TOO LATE TO RESPOND TO THIS FORUM,BUT AFTER READING THESE RESPONSES THESE SCRIPTURES CAME TO MY MIND. SECOND PETER 3:8 ONE DAY IS WITH THE LORD AS A THOUSAND YEARS AND A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY. SO WOULD THIS MEAN THAT JONAH WAS IN THE WHALES BELLY 3 DAYS OR THREE THOUSAND YEARS ? MATTHEW 12:40. OF COURSE JONAH WAS NOT THEIR THAT LONG ,BUT GOD SAYS THAT TO HIM ONE DAY IS JUST LIKE ONE THOUSAND YEARS . I BELIEVE THAT NUMBERS ARE A VERY IMPORTANT FOUNDATION TO GOD . ALL THROUGH OUT THE BIBLE EVERYTHING IS DONE BY CERTAIN NUMBERS. 12 APOSTLES ,WHY NOT 13 ? BECAUSE GOD DOES THINGS EXACTLY HOW HE WANTS TO AND ITS ALWAYS ANOTHER REASON BEHIND THE OTHER ONE BECAUSE GOD DOES EVERYTHING DECENTLY AND IN ORDER !! NUMBERS MUST BE IMPORTANT HE NAMED AN ENTIRE CHAPTER IN THE BIBLE NUMBERS !! THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS ONLY GODS MATTER !! GOD BLESS !!

faithful7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:13 pm

I agree with you faithful7....why would God take the time to mention numbers in the bible at certain times in the bible?? They have to be important.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Delaine wrote:Mia,

I'm going to stay on firm ground and say that no, I have not come across Biblical evidence that numbers are used symbolically in dreams.

Delaine

What about Joseph, in Gensis 37:9 he said "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me". I don't know if anyone mentioned Joseph, I am late in the convo and didn't get a chance to read each comment. My apologies if someone had mentioned him already.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 am

Hi Gissy2 -

Yes, I believe that Joseph's dream was mentioned. The sun and moon represented his parents and the eleven stars represented his brothers...but the number eleven was literal, it was a quantifier...it in itself isn't symbolic....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm late here, but I read the entire post as the subject is interesting. I've been taught numbers have symbolic meaning but never made much sense of them. But they do appear prominently in my dreams, whcih are usually symbolic. Sometimes all I can remember is a strong impression of a number. Like once i remembered a dreeam had been about a friend of mine, and I had a strong impression of a number, lie i heard a loud announcement in my head, "one thirty six." Another strong dream was about my wife and I, and at the end I heard that same announcing voice say "seven seven two." I never figured it out either but passed the first one on to my friend. I some dreams numbers show up as repitions of vents or objects and seem to be for emphasis, like a dream wher everyone I met was as twins. Other times they have been scripture references. They are definitely significant and emphasized, but often I don't get the meanings.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Number 2 or twice

Post by karen on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I recently had a very colourful dream, and then the dream repeated itself with a few changes, immediately. Throughout the dream, the symbols in it, if I think back, were 2's. (e.g a replay=2, on a butterfly's wings were 2 dots like eyes that were squarelike and I focussed in on them like with a magnifying glass etc)

I prayed about the dream, and received an answer. Then as usual I waited a few more days to see if anything else 'popped up'. My attention was drawn to the fact that it was 2 dreams, the same.

Joseph in interpreting Pharoah's dream, after he said that God would give the interpretation told Pharoah that the dream was given twice, (this was important) and he also gave the number of years for the famine and plenty.

I think that in my case, my dream was shown twice or in two parts for (a) emphasis, and (b) 2 witnesses. ( a thing can be established by 2 or 3 witnesses) Only do I feel this after prayer about my dream. Imagine my surprise when last night I was watching a teaching broadcast of 2 prophets, and in their conversation, they said the same thing! That I assume was my 3rd nudge to confirm what I was thinking about in my heart re-the dream. I witnessed to it in my spirit.

I thought I had only been thinking these things to myself and asking God for confirmation. He heard the thoughts and intents of my heart!

As for numbers being significant, I think that the Hebrew lettering is attributed with numerical values, and that is where some interpretational roots come from.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Joseph said that because the dream was given twice, in two different forms, that the dream was surely to come to pass soon. That it was given twice meant that it was definite.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 am

I did say, "I think that in my case, my dream was shown twice or in two parts for (a) emphasis,"

So I am not disagreeing with you here...

I also think that we attribute values/meanings to numbers from the Jewish system of
Jewish mysticism

http://www.jewfaq.org/alephbet.htm on this website it talks about how letters in Hebrew, as in Greek have numerical values. I think that perhaps, we Christians at some stage have taken on the significance of numbers from there? Biblical or not?

I know for myself that God is a God of order, and I have observed that God is a Mathematician. A perfect one.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:16 am

I wasn't disagreeing with you either Karen. I was adding to your comment.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Karen, I believe that it has been made into mysticism but I don't believe that the letters being also numbers and music notes is mysticism.

Psalms 119. Look at the KJV, all the headings in 119 are the letters/numbers of the alefbet.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Something interesting, just this past year is when I started having falling asleep visions/dreams with words I've never heard before. I found that some of the are Hebrew alefbet words/numbers which I knew about, but never payed attention to or understood that in Psalms, that's what they were, and rarely read Psalms 119.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 am

7When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. 8He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.

Peter's Vision

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

16This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon's house was and stopped at the gate. 18They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

19While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three[a] men are looking for you. 20So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."

21Peter went down and said to the men, "I'm the one you're looking for. Why have you come?"

22The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say." 23Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

This vision is interesting to me because the number is again literal. Peter saw the sheet with unclean things come down three times. Next, three pagans come to the door to greet him.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:02 am

Mia, I think for me, symbolic means something different. I know there are people here who say that the number 7 means completion or the number 5 means grace...and that, to them is symbolic. When I read the different scriptures in the Bible, such as the one you used here, in my mind I would still see that as symbolic. The three sheets were "symbolic" for three years. See, in MY MIND, the three items used as the amount of years IS symbolic. Does that make sense?

So I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know if I would say that was "literal" because literal to me would be God showing me the number 3 in a dream and instead of me interpreting that as whatever the number three means, I would say three years...literal.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 am

When I say literal this is what I mean:

There were two important elements in this vision -

Three times the sheet came down

And it was filled with unclean stuff

The three was literal. Always, biblical dreams & numbers are literal. ie. Three unclean gentiles appeared at the door within minutes of the vision.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Peace of the Lord

Post by merling on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:57 am

I personally believe that numbers are beeing used by we human and not by God. Even though that God at His creation,created and rested on the seventh day,but that doesn't mean that every other numbers are not just before God. To me,every numbers belongs to God and none to satan because God created all the numbers.

merling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by merling on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:47 am

The Lord is good all the time

merling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by merling on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 am

Who can battle with the Lord,nobody and whenever God says yes,who can say no? also nobody.Who can tell me why we shouldn't always be praising God?

merling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top