I keep getting words about healing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I keep getting words about healing!

Post by Jodi on Tue May 04, 2010 4:58 pm

I keep getting words about healing. I was told that I will have "healing in my touch." I was told by another Christan friend that "Paul's healing is in my hand. It leads from your wedding ring to your heart. Your love and faithfulness has healed him." I myself was given a dream in which Paul seemed to be healed.

He was lying in bed with me, which would mean that he'd had to climb the stairs. (Right now he can't walk or even stand up.) He wasn't in any pain. (Right now he's in constant pain.) Then the dream shifted to me. I knew that Paul had died and that I'd had time to mourn his loss and was ready to start over. I was showing my Mom a mansion I'd just bought. I could not believe that this mansion was something I could afford, but it was priced so that I could pay for it outright. As I entered the mansion and started looking around, I heard voices in the kitchen galley. There were inner city kids inside, being fed by some women. I spoke with one of them, telling her that I had bought the place from [name I can't remember] and asking her if that person had the right to sell the place. (I was thinking maybe I'd been sold a property that wasn't hers to sell.) The lady told me she did have the right to sell the place, but they had hoped she wouldn't sell it. She started to tell the kids to clear out because the place had been sold to me. I told her not to send them away, but inside my heart sank a little. These kids were being very noisy and jostling to get up to the table for food, not standing in line. I love kids, but I want them to behave in an orderly way. I thought about living on the third floor and letting the first floor be a community center. (I don't know what the 2nd floor was going to be used for.) I addressed the kids, saying that the ladies have been feeding them every day for awhile now and wouldn't it be nice to thank them? A chorus of voices said sheepishly, "Thank you." One girl said "We should thank God too then." She led a prayer thanking Him for the meal. (I woke up.)

With all of these messages, my hope is getting built up that God has really decided to heal him! Waiting for His timing - patience is doable, but hard- lol!

Last edited by Jodi on Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I keep getting words about healing!

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Tue May 04, 2010 5:59 pm

I just wanted to touch on something real quick that stuck out to me the most in what you wrote above.

Jodi, God decided to heal him when He died on the cross. He conqured sickness, death. I read many years ago (and it stuck with me) that the 39 lashes Jesus took on his back, every single disease and sickness of all kinds, can be traced back to 39 specific roots, or devils, and by taking the 39 lashes, and surviving, and then dying on the cross, Jesus became the ultimate victor over everything. Isaiah 53:5 says "...By His stripes, we ARE healed." Not that we will be, or God will decide to eventually one day if we hold our mouth right, or He might, or He won't. It says we ARE healed. We as Christians have a real enemy that wants to take our health from us because if we don't feel good, or are ill, it lessens the amount we can do for Christ. Thank God, that we serve a good God that can take off what the devil tries to put on us. Yes, the Lord does give people the spiritual gift of Healing. The Lord has revealed this gift to you.

Don't mean to sound like I'm preaching to you, but that lept out at me, and I wanted to help you with that little piece of doubt that snuck in there.

Blessings in Christ.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Thank you SCgirlygirl. Some background info about me might help you understand where I'm coming from. I grew up with a disabled brother. My grandma had some people from her church come to pray for his healing. He wasn't healed at that time. My mom, dad, brother and I are also Christians who pray and trust in God. Mark (my brother) is currently still disabled, but has a wife, home, and job. He loves life, so he is blessed even though not physically healed.

Paul is alive today only because God has and is sustaining his life. It's a miracle that he's alive since he has had so many near-death crises.

I've seen friends die unhealed even though we prayed for their healings. I've seen other friends healed.

I know God can heal, but what I see is that sometimes He doesn't. I don't know why not, but I do know that God is good and loving even when healings don't happen. I believe that the stripes on His back do heal us. I believe that this healing can and does take place on earth sometimes. I don't understand why it doesn't happen every time a God-loving, spirit-filled believer prays for someone's healing. I know it isn't failure on God's part in any way. I trust God to both know and do whatever is best. I really am hoping that these dreams are telling me that He is opening the way for Paul to be healed. I am also hoping that I will be gifted with healing so I can heal others in addition to Paul. There are so many people at that nursing home and dialysis clinic I would want to reach out to!

I didn't used to think healings happened today. I thought TV healings were faked. I grew up in a God-loving church who believed that the miracles stopped after the 12 apostles died. I now am learning that even though the first 12 apostles died, the office of apostle never died and has been filled by Spirit-chosen people ever since then. I've just started praying for our church to be blessed by the Holy Spirit with all 5 ministry gifts so that we can function in the order that churches are supposed to function.

Anyway, this is a huge transition for me spiritually. I never would have thought God still talked with us either except when I prayed to ask Him to speak to me, He did! This opens me up to believe in the other gifts too. I thank God for reaching out ot me like this. I feel so much closer to Him even though I loved Him before, knew He loved me, and knew I could always trust Him. Still, that He will actually spend time talking with me is amazingly beautiful.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaMa on Wed May 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Healing does happen today. but at the same time God also allows difficulties happen to us to help us grow stronger in faith and to depend on Him wholeheartedly. 2 Corinthians 12:8 (Three times i pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me..... My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness). we don't know what Paul was asking God to take away from his life, scholars think it was either sickness or persecution. but no matter what that was, the key here to the passage is that God wants us to learn to depend on Him through hardship.
his purpose for our lives is to be more like Christ.
SCGirlyGrl
i have also heard about the 39 lashes and the 39 specific roots of diseases saying. that is from those prosperity gospel preachers. i really can't agree with what they teach. first of all different doctors have different ways of grouping the diseases. some doctors think it should be more and some think it should be less.
second of all, the purpose of the victory of Christ on the cross is not make us all wealthy and healthy. the main purpose is to transform us to be more like Christ. don't get me wrong i do believe that God can definitely bless us with wealth and health. but not everyone will be blessed in the same way.
i have read many people who have terrible sickness bring lots of people to Christ. God does use everything including sickness and sufferings in our lives to glorify Him.

MaMa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks MaMa and SCgirlygirl. I appreciate you both.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Fri May 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Jodi, May God bless you on your journey! He's got an awesome plan in store for you, and may HE be glorified in your life.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun May 09, 2010 12:51 am

Jodi

Do you want to have a children's ministry in any way? I wonder if this dream is encouraging you to keep praying and keep holding fast to God's word about Paul's healing? I wonder if his death symbolizes the "old him" passing away and he coming into a new image (both spiritually and physically, totally healed?)

please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Mon May 10, 2010 5:58 am

Hi, Desiree. I used to teach kids in an inner city public school setting. I loved teaching - to the point of making an idol of it. I was harrassed into leaving my last teaching position. It was bizarre how much the principal disliked me. It still doesn't make much sense to me. I figure that God was removing me from teaching because of how it had become too all-consumingly important (an idol) for me. If it's not against His will, if I can keep my focus on Him, and if I can serve Him best there, I would love to teach again. If he has something else in Mind for me, I choose to go wherever else He leads me.

I wonder about Paul's healing too. I'll keep on praying for his healing because I do feel encouraged that God is saying He will heal him. If He only heals him spiritually, that will be a miracle itself and I will rejoice in it! If He also heals him physically, I will rejoice for the spiritual healing foremost and also for the physical healing!

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top