Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christina

Second Request For Prayer - ?

Hi - Is there anybody out there??

Hello -

I'm one of the newly unhappily unemployed and now I just found out that my unemployment benefits may be rejected. In the last few years I've been emerging from the darkest (and longest) period of my life and I'm really concerned this news means I'm heading into another one.

It's confusing because I'd been gratefully enjoying such peace from the Lord the last few months, and this news has put some ripples in that peace. I'm concerned because I have trouble hearing from the Lord and properly interpreting things I think I do hear.

I pray that if anyone has any ability to hear and interpret from the Lord, that they pray on my behalf and please ask Him 1) if he is unhappy with me, 2) will He mercifully spare me another dark period, 3) if there is a good employment fit for me out there, 4) will that once-promised fiscal help will come through soon?

And - What does He want me to do?

If there is another dark period ahead - Please let me know so I can prepare myself and my faith-life for it.

To anyone reading this, I would appreciate your prayers.

Thank you & may God Bless You!

Christina

Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10

Hi Christina...

First of all...

1) God is NOT unhappy with you. How can this be a thought in your mind after having such peace with him for the past several months? God is not fairweather, like man is. He said He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. He loves you with an everlasting and unconditional love. In your signature you have "Be still and know that I am God"...that's for you now...

2) Will he spare you of another dark period? Well, that's an interesting question because the Bible says in James 1:2-4..."Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Sadly we all have to go through these tribulations. They are not sent by God, he just uses it for our development. To spare us from it would deny us from becoming all He has called us to be.

3) Of course there is good employment for you out there, but I believe this is a time for you to really get into the presence of the Lord and find out the purpose of this season for you. The one thing I have found out since I've been UNemployed since last September, is a job is ONLY a means...it's not my source. When I need things to be taken care of, then I go to GOD, who is my source. More and more Christians need to know and understand this. He blesses us according to HIS riches...not ours!!

4) If God promised you the "fiscal help", then it will come. Trust me, he may not come when we want him, but he's always on time.

This may not be the most encouraging response that you were expecting, but I will say this...if you are going through this, God has equipped you to succeed through it. You mentioned you had several months of peace, well it's usually after that when we go through. My life has been in an uproar as of late, but I made a decision to allow it to draw me closer to the Lord...and it has. The more WORD you have in you, the easier it is to handle.

Praying for you...

By the way...YOU CAN HEAR GOD!! Don't let the devil tell you that just because you go through a storm, you don't have the ability to hear. The closer you are to God, the clearer His voice is...GO IN!!!

Amen I second big Sis! I've been unemployed for almost a year myself now! God's provision and grace has been amazing!

Thank you both -

I think I kind of panic every now and then & being alone can make it look magnified sometimes?

You both are in my prayers - I love to pray for people and I certainly have the time right now...

God Bless -

(The song 'I Find Rest In You' is now running through my head - thank you for your kindness)!

Hey christian, u sound very much like me... an im sorry to hear about the job situation... I feel ya!

It's a good time to spend w/the Lord... I didnt real all the responses but i believe thy r similar...
i still dont have a job yet either but realized the Lord wanted me to spend time w/Him...
The enemy wanted me to thnk He was mad at me as well when i wasnt havin many dreams... but i rebuked those thoughts...Its a dry season for me as well.
I realzed He wanted me to Keep praisin Him in my dark times...He luvs 2be praised..
I am in the same boat as u.. I have u in my prayers.

The Lord has a job for u!! It's there thank Him for it. Fear not for it is His Good pleasure to give u all things.. that verse

Hi Sister -

(I tried shortening your name to initials, but I like 'Sister' better; I hope you don't mind if I shorten it in my responses)?

The more I read the things you have to say, the more I get encouraged and just get a great feeling about you. (Not to insinuate that I am a discerner or anything. I don't have gifts, except a love to pray for others).

I pray with all my heart the Lord opens doors for you soon. It sure seems to me like you belong in the mission field, (isn't that where you said elsewhere you were headed when you lost your job?), but the Lord would probably say the whole earth is a mission field.

I just think the earth is a better place with you and the other encouraging Christians I've met here in it.

God Bless -

Hi Christian,

haha no worries about shortening the name

Thank u so much for praying for me, bless ur heart! And also thank u for the kind words u have spoken about me. It blesses me and encourages me greatly.

Currently i dont have a mission job, i always had a regular job. It's just been in my heart for many years to go to developing countries to help. But i want to do it w/my own money. Like Paul,u know he worked and was not a burden to anyone....

also i wanna help my mom so i need my own finances. But God is good He will provide and shw me the way... but what u say is tru the whole world is a mission field.. praise God..
YOu have greatly encouraged me, ur a blessing !

God bless!

Hi Sister -

You are welcome!! My pleasure.

It just amazes me how many of us are unemployed. Until I was, I had heard it, maybe knew one or two who were, but even they had an employed spouse. But now I see how many of us there are, and it just breaks my heart. I would like to do something as a ministry in this area when I have my feet back on the ground - haven't figured out what yet.

For now I can pray!!!

Take care & God Bless!

Hi Sister,

I could not agree more with the other posts. God never abandons us. Others may forsake us but he will never leave or forsake us. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow so his promises are new every day. You were bought and paid for with a price. Stand up and hold your head up. You are a daughter of the Most High! You are heir to the throne of Jesus Christ! All things are possible through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. You are blessed coming and going. You are forgiven. You find favor wherever you go. You are daughter to:

Jehovah Rapha
~He is our healer

Jehovah Nissi
~His banner over you is Love

Jehovah Shalam
~He is the Prince of Peace

Jehovah Rohi
~He is our Shepherd

Jehovah Tsidkenu
~He is our Righteousness

Jehovah Shammah
~He is always Present

Jehovah Jirah
~He is our provision

That is who He is to us and we are to him his beloved child. What parent would not do anything for their child even to the point of sacrifice. I pray this is of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Con
nie