Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoldenEagle

Should I start my own business?

I have just started in a job I hate, but at least I've got a job. before that I taught singing in music schools and my own home for a while but it didn't go very well. IU also release3d a couple opf CDs that had great critical acclaim but didn't sell very well.

I wne to the careers guidanbce counsellor today and told her I wanted to change careers. Because my arthritis is now very severe, I have alot of hospitalo appointments and steroids treatments which my employer is not happy about. The counsellor thought being self-employed might be better in my circumstances, and su8ggested I do a business course to learn the skills I need. Afrterall, maybe I couoldn't make a living out of music before because I don't know anything about marketing etc.

My worry is that it's such a big risk financially.... I know I can't be happy doing anything other than music cos it's my gift and my passion in life, but it worries me that I'm returning to something that didn't nwork before. But I feel like my soul will shrivel and die in the bureaucratic jon I have now.

ugh ,,can u do both day job 4 money,,ur musik afta hours??.. then u cover both bases,

ok can u stand 2 do ur bearu job 2 build up some cash then do ur musik thing,,any way u can test the market need 4 ur services??

GoldenEagle,

I will pray with you that God will show you and give you peace in the way that you should go. The thing is, you have to give it to the Lord and wait for the peace in that area. What I mean is this...in Colossians 3:15 is says that the Holy Spirit is our umpire...he directs us internally with peace. He's our compass and the way you know to go is based on the peace you have inside.

Could it be that the time you tried before just wasn't the season for it? If I were you, I would do whatever research is necessary...lining things up for the business...so that the transition will be easy for you. In the meantime, ask the Lord to settle things inside of you concerning your current job until it's time to go. I honestly believe that God never wants us some place where we are NOT happy. SOMETIMES that's an indication that the season is over OR that you are coming to the end of the grace you had for the job.

So what I'm trying to say is...relax. Know that God doesn't want you unhappy and that it brings Him pleasure to give you the instruction and direction that you need, no matter what!

Be blessed...I'm praying for the spirit of wisdom to be your portion NOW in the name of Jesus!