A weird astronomy but not fruity question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A weird astronomy but not fruity question...

Post by SoulJah on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:34 am

G'day all,
First, I just want to explain that I am not in anyway into astrology or anything like that AT ALL. But I have a question to ask. You know in the Gospels where it talks about the magi right, and it speaks about the bethlehem star. Well I was curious as to its meaning, so I looked it up, and found out its importance as to why the heck someone would travel all that distance. What they saw was the planet jupiter in the constellation aries, which meant that a divine king was going to be born in judea etc. Ok, now, i'm trying to be careful how I say this because I know how it may come across. Because I know that back in those days people could read the bible just by looking at the stars like it was a language, not like today where it has been corrupted as it were. ANYWAY, my question is, do you think that God still uses the stars to send messages to us? I'm not talking astrology mumbo jumbo, I mean fully God stuff. I mean, it says that in the last days there will be signs in the sky and all that right? Any idea's on that? I wa sjust curious is all because my brain just twigged tonight as I looked into the sky because I saw that jupiter was in the consellation saggittarius in the west and was wondering if there was some kind of significance to that is all.
Thanks, and hopefully this doesn't come off the wrong way!
Jordo

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A weird astronomy but not fruity question...

Post by butterfly on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 am

Last edited by butterfly on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikki32408 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 am

Hello everyone,

I want to add something here... Maybe a little off the course but being a sailor..... For many many centuries God taught man how to sail using the stars for navigation & I would assume also for travel at night on land... So they were more in tune with the stars & seasons.. Also their lives evolved around the seasons (due to agrilculture)... It just depends on how you are using the stars....

Just had to add that & also I believe & know God will get across what He wants to say to anyone; however, He chooses to do it... I believe it is about the heart & just what butterfly was saying about who are you seeking...

You have to be very careful about astology, divination & worldly seeking because there are some wicked spirits behind that stuff, You don't want to open a door to the devil.... Seek God & you will be alright... He is first...

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm

I agree also but would like to add one more thing......It is important to note that He is our Lord, King and Ruler and can use any method possible to get our attention....Yes He can use the stars and many other ways to communicate with us.

It says in His word that no one is without excuse on judgement because even His creation testifies to the truth.

Hope that helps,

Connie thinking

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulJah on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:06 am

It's an interesting question isn't it, like the previous posts I certainly agree about astrology/witchcraft etc for sure. I love that verse that says "the heavens declare the glory of God" and everytime I whip out the telescope I wholeheartedly agree. Its hard to imagine if you live in the city (or suburbs) but I went deep down south in australia a few years ago and the sky was blanketed with stars, you could see the blue hue of the milky way it was amazing!
At the end of the day I believe discernment is the key, if there are going to be signs in the sky like the Bible says then i'm sure the Holy Spirit will give us a heads up =).
I wouldn't mind a city wide black out every now and then however, then I could see the stars better that's for sure ;).

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Yes, and also, remember that Jesus Christ is described as the Bright and Morning Star. I know that God wants us to come to Him for wisdom, because stars like everything else are created and do not have all power. To give them credit for foreseeing future events is to worship them by saying that they can and do tell us the hidden things, which only God can do.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vile on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, let me tell you about all the weird dates in my own life.

Mom knew she was pregnant on April Fools Day, I was born between the cusp of Saggitarius and Capricorn (meaning that according to the weird astrologists, I'm uber special) which is also the first day of winter. I was brought home on New Years. Both dad and grandpa both died on father's day ten years apart.

Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 am

You must not adhere to star signs and such because that is astrology which God himself forbids. Being born on a certain day don't mean a thing although astrologists wants people to believe that. In terms of the weird dates when someone dies that happens sometimes to some people, I don't know why, only God knows.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vile on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 pm

I don't put stock into it, I just find it ironic. Your right, though. :)

Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top