Is this a warning or a promise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a warning or a promise?

Post by michaelphone on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:23 pm

In the past month or two I've started receiving all kinds of dreams [most dealing with me healing people and doing future warfare for the Kingdom]. Today however I had two simular dreams back to back (like pharaoh in Genesis... even though the second I can't remember).
In the dream someone gave me a duckling. When I saw it I got somewhat startled because it was big (for a baby) and kinda' ugly. Then I remember cleaning/picking up a bunch of empty boxes in the street. It was at night. As I picked up the junk boxes littering the street it seemed to get darker [even though it wasn't at all scary to me]. I had left the duckling in a small box as I cleaned the street. Then a extremely vicious tan dog with a brown face came up to the box to attack the duck inside it. I tried to scare the dog off as I ran up but I was too far away. The dog got a hold of the duckling (biting it) and before I reached it swallowed it hole. That's when I stopped running to it sense the duck was gone and I didn't want to get bit too. Then I woke-up and had another (shorter) dream where something else was lost.
What concerns me most is that this happened the next morning after I sinned; doing something The Holy Spirit didn't like. I had already prayed for forgiveness after the act, but also had sinned in a simular manner the two days before today. Plus Satan and me have been going at each other for quite a while now, and I've been in a bad situation financially needing God's breakthrough. Can you give me any clarity as to if this is a warning to pray and flee sin or an inevitable downfall?

michaelphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this a warning or a promise?

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 am

Dear brother,
dont beat yourself up or condemn yourself about sin (that's what Satan wants you to do--to feel guilty). Once you have given your life to christ there is "now no more condemnation" (Romans 8:1; John 5:24) you are free and Jesus' spirit inside of you gives you access to the father to ask for forgiveness when need be (so enter the throne of grace boldly!)(Hebrews 4:16). There is no little sin or big sin. Just ask God to forgive you and say, "God, you know my heart, help me to do better next time." Replaying the sin over and over in your mind will only lead to more guilt, depression, and more failure (trust me, I've been there). So let go and Let God heal you!!! Whom the son (Jesus) sets free is free indeed (John 8:36)! Don't ever forget that!
thumbs

...now with your dream. Do you feel like in a way you're the ugly duckling? Even though you know you're precious in God's sight, you still don't feel that way? You try to do all that you can to protect the duck from harm and you try to remove all the "unproductive things" and "litter(trash)" out of your path so that you can "walk the straight and narrow" and see clearly while helping others, but it seems like Satan is trying to attack you and "devour" you whole? The bible says that he comes to "steal, kill, and destroy" (John 10:10) and "moves about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he can devour (1 Peter 5:8). Notice the bible says, "seeking" (which means looking and observing not actually doing it; the thing you have to do is be on your guard and alert to what Satan is trying to do--hence with him throwing darts and arrows of bitterness, defeat, and guilt your way. Stop the devil in his tracks with the word of God. Tell the devil in his face that you have the victory in Christ Jesus! Submit those areas of weakness to God (possibly by praying and fasting), and Watch Satan flee (James 4:7)! With Christ you have Life abundantly! Finally, we are all human and prone to error. This means we do things sometimes that God doesn't like. But just like a loving father, he corrects us and "smooches" lol! us and tells us, "Everything will be okay". Just acknowledge your sin to God and turn from it and he will heal you! (Ezekial 33:11; 2 Chronicles 7:14) okay, I'm done preaching. I hope this attests to your spirit. Please pray on what I've said
smooches and God bless
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I totally agree with Desiree here. I will give you a brief recap of my smoking habit I had for 38 years. I tried everything to quit after I dedicated my life to Christ.....I prayed and prayed and nothing. The enemy was lying to me telling me that God could not use me in Ministry until I gave it up and that my relationship with the Lord was not solid and that the Holy Spirit left me because I was still smoking.......OH MAN WHAT A LIAR!!!!!!!!! He will do anything to separate your relationship with God. One day I was crying out to God and said please, please forgive me....and His response to me was.......I forgave you the first time you asked, and every time you failed to quit. Did you not think I Knew that you would fail. I died for you to be free and you are free. Forgive yourself. Why do you beat yourself up about this one thing? I said because I want to please you and obey you.....He delivered me when I gave it up for Him. When it became nothing about me and all about Him.....to show me that He is bigger than any problem I have and that the enemy is a LIAR and A THIEF AND HE IS DEFEATED!!!!!!!!

Do not, I repeat beat yourself up. Ask God to forgive you and help you beat the obstacle (sin) for His glory and His honor and believe me, He will!

God bless you and know that He has forgiven you.!

We love you and so does the Lord. He loves you with an everlasting Love!

Love in Christ,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Replying to Desiree and Connie

Post by michaelphone on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Thank-you!

Last edited by michaelphone on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

michaelphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelphone on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm so embarrassed.
I didn't proof read the above response, and so their are many misprints and spelling errors. Sorry, but I think you'll be able to still get the gist of it... Love Michael (Michaelphone)

michaelphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:21 pm

I am glad that God blessed you! you're always welcome in Christ young man!! Go forth in God!
thanks for the suggestions
desiree flower

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top