Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desiree (Starpop)

It is it me or is something really wrong?

As you all know, God has been dealing with me alot in recent years with my self-esteem, my calling, and feelings of rejection (which I suffered from alot when I was growing up). I am sooo excited and completely transformed in God now, that I have forgotten how I used to be--PRAISE GOD! I don't dwell on things like I used to, but I must say, I am STILL analytical and always "questioning" things a little too much---hey, the bible says, "ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE"! hee hee

Anyway, I have this delimma. There are two girls that I used to be good friends with in my past that I still talk to every now and then. Sometimes I will say hello just to see how they are doing (both girls don't know eachother at all) and other times they will write me to see how I'm doing. The problem is this: When they would write me to ask me questions and talk about general information out of the blue, when I would respond back to them (they say nothing--they don't respond back). I'm like: WHAT?? I thought you were supposed to answer my questions and not leave me hanging? We WERE talking weren't we? I know that they could be busy but I feel like its rather odd that if in the past we would keep constant dialogue flowing (over internet of course because they live far away currently) but NOW sentences are vague, choppy, and it feels as though they don't really want to talk to me--but they would initiate conversation sometimes. I dont know what's going on? Additionally, I have asked, "what's the problem"? and "do you feel weird talking to me?,etc, (still no responses) but I feel too uncomfortable asking anything else. Then it starts all over again. Any ideas? Thanks (sorry for the biography; just tried to clarify)
smooches
desiree

I've been where you are Desiree and I still go through that in seasons of spiritual transition. People don't like to admit this, but WE DO outgrow certain people in our lives. When we are humbled before the Lord and He is ministering to us on different things, there are people that just can't stick around. I used to be bothered by that...always looking at myself as if there was something wrong with me, but as I have begun maturing in the things of God, I started seeing it as an honor because I figured out that God was doing something in my life during that time, as I believe He is doing in yours.

The separation does not have to be permanant because in my case some have only been temporary, but for the most part there has been a massive exodus of friends that have left my life and God replaced them with NEW people...those that add to my life and not take away.

Don't see it as someone rejecting you. See it as God opening the door for new people to come into your life. These young ladies may come back into your life someday, but then they may not...whichever it is...the times of your life (your future) is in the Lord's Hand. 👏

Your conversation has probably changed and even though you may not realize it...they do. I have a cousin that is just like that...I'll email to see how she is doing and she has no response or she will respond and it will have nothing to do with my email to her. Later I found out that she thinks I'm "too encouraging and too happy for my own good"...hehehe...ain't God good??? I love it!!!!! thumbs What a compliment to the goodness of God!!!! People can't take it when you are happy...they want you depressed...AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!! happy dance

Love ya gurl...hang in there!!!

yep,ive been there,had close friend ,who shifted away now he hardly can say hello,he mite txt now andthen but his head is somewhere else,i used 2 feel rejection,but realised its him not me that has withdrawn,anyway miss bubbly,think of how many nu friends you hav now, flower D

Desiree,

I could not agree more here. This also happened to me. With me it was my family mostly. Sometimes for us to grow in the Lord it is necessary for Him to separate us from any who would hinder our walk with Him. I agree that sometimes that is just a temporary thing but sometimes not. I have also noticed that sometimes it is me who is the one who does not respond to the emails or letters from the old friends of the past in the same way. I really don't have anything to say to them anymore that we can connect with on the same level.....Cholette is right......Ain't God good!

We are moving from Glory to Glory in Christ, so hang in there girl....it is not you but Christ working in you!

We love you,

Connie kiss

Thank you all my sweets laugh for the great responses! God has been dealing with me about "Severing some relationships" and just letting go of some people who may not necessarily be hindrances or problems but as I grow more in God as you've said connie: "The connection is not there and I don't have much to talk about anymore"! (those people are "weights" that may drag me down as Paul says.) I can agree that the person I used to be, I am not anymore, and I am so glad that GOD HAS SURROUNDED ME WITH SO MUCH MORE LIKEMINDED PEOPLE TO FELLOWSHIP WITH (I did forget that I said: Lord, send me some new friends! :duhh: ooops!!! I love you guys!! BIG SMOOCH kiss muah!lol)

God answered my prayer and did just that! I can't allow people to drag me down or "make me feel guilty"--satan is the "accuser of the brethren" so he wants me to "feel like its me". GOD IS JUST ELEVATING ME and I HAVE OUTGROWN some people! Thanks again everyone. I LOVE BEING HAPPY IN GOD!! I'm CHEESIN again! happy dance Its nice to know people who've been where I have! You guys are soo cool! :afro:
smooches
desiree

People of "Yesterday"

Pressing toward the Goal,

Philip 3:12-15

12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,[d] but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
15 Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. 16 But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.

Have you ever had someone in your life that you use to agree on almost everything with? You had so much fun with this person(s). It was mainly pleasures of the world huh? Every time you got together it was a good ole time. You laughed, you joked, you thought, and you reminisced about all things you use to do. Rest assured you could get with this person(s) and do the unthinkable or unstoppable right?
One Day!
A new chapter of your life has now begun. What’s happened to me? What’s happened to you? Why all of sudden you’re different. I call you and we no longer have anything good to talk about. Too many moments of air through the phone waives. I’m scrambling for what to say and you are uncomfortable talking to me. When I reflect on the times we used to share, you don’t particularly care to hear what I’m saying or you brush me off as though you have other things to do. I called you today to talk about how much I missed us and what we did yesterday and you somehow act like it never happened. How is this and it just happened the other day? Or last month? Are we still friends? Are you still the same person I met a few years ago? It appears we no longer have anything in common. Why is this? Why are you so different now?

Has this ever happened to you? Are you experiencing this now? If so, perhaps this person or people are your “yesterday”. You see when you discover that there’s something greater in life for you and you’ll stop at almost nothing to get to it, the people that were of your today are no longer so when that day comes, God will allow you to see that these people or persons quickly become your yesterday. Oh it hurts. In fact on both ends, but remember when you experience these type situations, and you will, it’s simply because you’re pressing towards a goal for a higher calling in life and everyone that’s apart of your yesterday just won’t fit in today. So when you’re faced with your yesterdays, thank them because if it weren’t for them, your today wouldn’t be now.

Lifesdreamer, you wrote this??? How beautiful and appropriate!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Hey All~

Yes I wrote it in August..... I'm so glad you liked it cool

God Bless you All and the "people of yesterday" happy dance

Lifesdreamer -

I enjoyed your writing!:coolyoh:

Please let me know when your book of devotions is published...:-)

Blessings,

Lurdys

That was truly a good truthful read, amen and amen!
As I was reading these wowza, I got flooded with the ones the Lord has moved in and out of my life.... People I have been close to both
sisters & brothers in Christ Jesus for like a year or even longer..... One that was quite painful but Jesus revealed the truth. The Lord had pulled us from away from t.v preachers and tv, period..... anyways she and the minstry she was involved with, still is I believe.
They started calling us name, religious spirits, etc...
I said look,take it up with Jesus, He has a reason for it and I will obey Him no matter what anyone says.... I thought this is so trival ..... one day after a very mean an evil email.... I took it to the Lord..... as I was still before him...I heard the Holy spirit speak forth:

I am now closing the door to them for they are becoming a hinderance to the good work that I am doing in you. He would show me in visions.... her hand trying to get in our patio door with just a crack left open.
The next day the patio door was closed and the hand gone.... but the Lord showed me her in a vision standing outside her window facing us with her back to her unsaved husband. the last time He showed me she was than gone from sight.

I sincerely dont know why He shows me what He shows me . I do know this His ways are higher than ours and so His thoughts are too, blessed be God.

I can tell you this.... many times I now see a clear pattern when the Lord is closing a door to something or someone or people. its wild..... but He always reminds me of His word... for it says:" before they spring forth I tell you," hallelujah!!!!
Sometimes they are painful and at times Im completey shocked but nevertheless His will be done. See He moves people in and out of our lives , everyones for His good pleasure and His good reasons and we just need to be ever thankful that He so watches over us and guides us into all truth when we search we so shall find. praiseGod
good post topic:)