meaning of hats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

meaning of hats?

Post by traveller on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Anyone some insight into hats? I've had many dreams, lately as well, where I'm noticing people's hats or their lack of hat, or that they're having something on their head that's supposed to serve as a hat, but it's a towel..? Sometimes the hats are very realistic, sometimes they're strange hats, like ones with weird names, or just beanies, u know the knitted ones.. In one of my last dreams I had to give/share one of my hats (i only have 2 irl:) to one of my sisters.
Thanks!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: meaning of hats?

Post by Angelwings on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 am

I thought of that saying "wear many hats"..which means that a person that wears many hats has different roles or responsibilities. But in your dream you saw many different people with all kinds of hats. In colonial days people wore different hats that represented the type of trade they were in or what social class they belonged to.
Just my thoughts..not an interpretation.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:22 am

Like Angelwings, I also think of hats as representing roles. I also think of them as coverings, things that protect our minds, ways of thinking. I think of hair as a symbol of holiness so if the hair is being covered, it's either positive (protection) or negative (hindrance), it depends on the hat and the context of the dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks both lola and angwings. Mm, I'd thought of the hat as a covering, but that's an interesting possibility of it being a protection or a hindrance.. Also the type of hat being a role or responsibility, I think they could all fit..excuse the pun:) as the dreams are varied. So the meanings could be varied too, I suppose. I'd only thought of hats as a sign of salvation (like the helmet of salvation..)so the extra meanings could be helpful. I'll see how they fit. Thanx ladies.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm

i agree ,,i jus got here 2 late, traffik heavy,, D,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 pm

I also think of them as coverings, things that protect our minds, ways of thinking.

that makes sense too!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:26 pm

,,i take mi hat off 2 u,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm

thanx guys.. the weirdest one I came across though was the dream about my husband's hat...(i seem to be dreaming a lot about hb lately..lol..good thing i s'pose ) Anyway, i dreamt he was telling me his dream (so dream in a dream..i'm looking for the message..) that he was wearing a hat in his dream. When probing him about the type of hat, he told me it was a beanie with vermicelli in it ... ..He called it a vermicelli hat, even in my dream I had trouble picturing this hat as I've never heard of such a hat
But, looking at lola's answer about the covering that protects our minds, ways of thinking" makes me wonder what's in my hb's head/hat...lol..hope it's not vermicelli...
On a serious note: There was more to this dream, but overall it was a happy feeling i had about it, like it was talking about his salv.but that it's happening in an 'unimaginable'? way.. Just don't want to be caught up in wishful thinking though..so more insight more than welcome!!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 am

On a serious note: There was more to this dream, but overall it was a happy feeling i had about it, like it was talking about his salv.but that it's happening in an 'unimaginable'? way.. Just don't want to be caught up in wishful thinking though..so more insight more than welcome!!

So your hubby is not saved..Yet?? And he tells you his dreams? THats great!!
My husband is not saved either.....and I know he's been having dreams...but he won't share.
Talk about resistance

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Just (way out) thoughts...

Maybe the hat is a marker...at some point in the future, the hat will include meatballs (strong meat of the Word)...right now, there's no meat because he's not saved...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Lola that is an awesome Way Out thought!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes lola, I think the hat in that particular dream could be a marker. Also the place of where it was. mm.. I might just post that whole dream in it's entirety as there was more to it.
I like the way-out thoughts though:) We need to think outside the square..is a good thing!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Amen! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:39 pm

Sponsored content