The Lord showed me my future husband in a dream... literal or symbolic?551

The Lord showed me my future husband in a dream... literal or symbolic?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lord showed me my future husband in a dream... literal or symbolic?

Post by luvjesus on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 am

I had a dream where I was flying with the Lord and He took me over/through the living rooms of many houses. We stopped in front of very large, intricately carved double doors and the doors opened for us. I saw a man whose hands were raised in worship and the Lord said to me, " This is your husband." The weird thing is, this is a man I recognize from my church of over 8,000 people! I have prayed about this dream daily for over 1 1/2 years and I need to know if this is literally the man God has chosen for me or is he symbolic somehow? I dream about him constantly and on one or two occasions it has felt so real, I wonder if it's somehow a clip from my future. Please provide some insight! I do believe that I have the gift of prophesy. The Lord has spoken to me a couple other times about future events that ended up being correct.

luvjesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord showed me my future husband in a dream... literal or symbolic?

Post by Cholette on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 am

The only thing I can say luvjesus is to sit tight and allow God to confirm to you if this is your husband or not. I am one who was also shown who my husband is, and from experience, He he has shown me different things about him. Because he's known to the public, I was able to see a lot of the things that God showed me play out in the news or through articles in magazines.

What I'm saying to you is, be still and let God show you...He will. He loved you enough to give you the dream, give Him time and patience for him to reveal. I will also say this to you...if this is a literal dream and this man is your husband, you can believe that God has shown you to him.

Blessings to you and keep us posted...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjesus on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 am

Thank you Cholette! I really appreciate your input. This entire experience has definitely been an exercise in patience and trust. It's nice to know that there are other women out there who can identify with my situation. I will certainly keep you posted on any developments or insight I may gain during this time of incredible spiritual growth. Blessings to you!

luvjesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenni on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Cholette, hello :) Once I saw your post, I knew I had to tell you my story and ask you some questions. Well you see, I didn't see my future husband in a dream or vision. I was praying one night during a worship service for this man. I was praying very hard and I was crying. And every night before my friend goes to sleep, she would usually text me goodnight and ask me to pray for things or give me encouragingly spiritual messages and Bible verses. My friend, you have to understand, is not really interested in guys because she wants God first ... so she rarely talks about guys; just once in a while. But that very same night I received a text from her to pray for my future husband!! She is a very godly woman and to see her text that same night made me think that maybe God was telling me the man I was praying for could be my future husband! The thing is ... that he is a public figure also and he doesn't even know I exist!!

I really want answers and confirmation but at the same time I know I should be praying and trusting God. But its just that right now there are a few people courting me and I have been turning the other way because of this idea. I am trying to be faithful to my future husband. But I don't want to waste my heart on something maybe God didn't even reveal to me. So right now I am really yearning for encouragement and answers and asking if you would pray for me also. Just a 5 second prayer is fine. I am on my journey to truly loving this person that I don't even know and ... I just don't want to be disappointed in the end ... though I know God will not harm us. I just really need encouragement and insight.

Jenni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tootsie on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 am

Hi Jenni,

I understand your fear of disappointment in thinking that somehow everything that you've been shown could be wrong. I, too, have been in that boat for over a year now because of the things God has shown me. I won't go into detail about my situation too much because I know I have to keep a lot of it to myself for now, but what I can share I will. I know it probably sounds confusing, but if God doesn't want me to share something, I won't, but just know you are definitely not alone.

A bit about my situation....Over a year ago, God started sending me dreams about a specific man who is publicly known and God has since confirmed he will be my future husband (believe me, I've asked for A LOT of confirmation and He doesn't disappoint). I've written a lot of these dreams down (something I recommend you do as well to keep them as reminders) and as I've reviewed them over time, in addition to praying and asking God for revelation and confirmation, He always comes through. I think for me, because of who the man in question is, I was beginning to have major doubt because in the natural it just seemed so crazy, especially given the way my life is now. I will say that every time I ask God about the situation, He just tells me to wait on Him and most importantly to TRUST HIM! That can be the hard thing because trusting Him and waiting on Him is when we are truly tested. Are we going to trust Him or not? Are we willing to be patient and wait on His best for us or not? I will say that I have been married before and have jumped out in front of His timing. When I did it, let's just say that it led me down the road of emotional pain. I know that many of us women have the romantic notions that as soon as we are with "the one", things will just fall into place. That may be true, but then again, things may not work out exactly the way we expect them to. To me that just means that we need to stay grounded in God so we know without a doubt that what He has planned is what's best for us. We must be willing to trust Him and give Him the time he needs to bring everything to pass. To me, I can imagine it like a chessboard where certain pieces have to be moved in a specific sequence to achieve the best outcome.

Think of it this way, not only is He preparing us, but He is also preparing them. Given a lot about what I know, the guys may need a bit more time to grow spiritually than us gals. Trust me, you want a man who is so focused on God and His purposes that he is very serious about being a true man of God. I know what it's like to be with someone you thought was that way, but who turned out much differently. Even though I thought we were equally yoked, he wasn't strong enough to face a major trial in our lives and when the dust cleared, he abandoned God. Believe me, it hurt, A LOT, but I've now come to an acceptance that we cannot change anyone ourselves and if they choose to reject God's wonderful gift, then they weren't secure enough in Him in the first place.

So...in light of my experience, I would say continue to ask God for guidance and confirmation in what you need to do during your waiting period and when the timing is right, God will move. It may not be as quick as we want it to happen, but when it does, it's because God knows it was time. No matter how hard we try, we can't rush Him and when you think about it, would you really want to? Oh and in regards to the courting, I believe the closer you get towards God bringing your husband to you, the more temptation will be thrown at you. You may just say, "Oh why not?" when someone really appealing steps in front of your path, but if you know deep down that the one God showed you is the one, just move past it and keep going. Usually when we are so ready to give up and throw in the towel, that's about the time we are ready to get our breakthrough.

I'm with you sister, keep praying, seek the gift giver, not the gift and before you know it, you'll be at your destination!

Tootsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tootsie on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 am

Cholette wrote:The only thing I can say luvjesus is to sit tight and allow God to confirm to you if this is your husband or not. I am one who was also shown who my husband is, and from experience, He he has shown me different things about him. Because he's known to the public, I was able to see a lot of the things that God showed me play out in the news or through articles in magazines.

What I'm saying to you is, be still and let God show you...He will. He loved you enough to give you the dream, give Him time and patience for him to reveal. I will also say this to you...if this is a literal dream and this man is your husband, you can believe that God has shown you to him.

Blessings to you and keep us posted...

Hi Cholette,

I just found this forum tonight and wanted to say thank you for posting this message. I truly appreciate the comment you made that God loves us enough to give us our dreams. Even though that may seem like a simple concept, that statement, at the moment I read it, has helped solidify some things for me. I also appreciated how you said that because the man God showed you is also in the public eye, that He can also show you how things play out for him through the media. That's essentially how things have been in my situation too and I'm glad I'm not alone. I also know that I'm in for a bit of a wait for mine to be ready and that hard times are ahead for him. I've been told that he needs to be broken before he can be built back up as a son of God. It's been a struggle trying to find a balance in going on about living my life with what I know that I have to keep close to my heart, but finding this forum tonight has truly been a Godsend. I had asked God for someone I could talk to who would understand my situation, and I now believe that I have.

Tootsie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Please Share Your thoughts!

Post by Ann_100 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 pm

I had a dream last year that was very similar to yours. I dreamt that I was taken to a place filled with darkness and as I stood in the dark I felt a divine entity near me. I could not see with my eyes who was with me but I knew it was someone of great majesty. Then a bright light appeared out of the darkness and I saw the face of a young man that I knew from the church shining bright in the light, and then a voice said to me ďThis is your husbandĒ I then awoke and it was morning.

He is 30 and I am 37 but it worked. We were together for almost a year but he broke up with me about 3 weeks ago and now I am heartbroken. The most painful thing is that I can usually move on from heartaches, but I feel bonded to him because of this dream and because of my obedience to God I am having a hard time letting him go. I have asked God to confirm if the dream is true or not after the brake up but I have not gotten a sure answer yet.

This man is a Minister of the church, and he is very temperamental, and goes into deep depressions very often. He also hides our relationship from the public but he does take me to dinner sometimes. I have very low self esteem and I also suffer from depression and I have told him many times that he need someone more suited for him because I have a learning disability. I am not very good in reading, spelling and I do not pray very well. I feel like he should be with someone who can compliment his spiritual gifts and preach on the pulpit and talk on the radio with him. I have seen many women around him that share his spiritual gifts and I am very intimidated by him and them. I guess thatís one of the main reasons he left.

Many people around me are telling me that I need to marry and have children before itís too late for me but I really just have had enough bad relationships. I feel old and on a time clock and all I do is cry. I tried relationships with the unsaved when I was unsaved and it didnít work out and now I have tried a relationship with a man of God and I have been rejected. I have had enough of men; I have decided to shut down my heart. I donít want to ever feel such pain again.

Ann_100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ljackson on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Hello ladies,

I am reading the posts and can't believe I am not the only one who has experienced this. I too had numerous dreams of who seems to be my future husband. Let me give a little background. It is the longest story so I will give the most pertinent details. I was in college at a party and I saw this guy and my whole world changed in a few seconds. I later discovered that he had enrolled in the college and was on the football team. I went to the first football game, as I was an avid fan, and after the game, I went to congratulate some of my buddies. Of course, I saw my mysterious guy and we ended up meeting and exchanging numbers. I was immediately intrigued by him and we sort of started talking and getting to know each other. After 2 weeks of hanging out with him, I had a dream that we were married; in our 40's and we had a teenage son. It was so real, it was scary. From this point on, I continued to have dreams sporadically that were like pieces to a puzzle. I had a dream that I was giving birth to a baby boy and he was there with me. I had a dream he proposed to me, a dream I was pregnant with his son, a dream we were looking a at huge house together to buy, a dream we were at that same house in the yard with our 4 year old son, a dream of our wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, a few other delivery room dreams where I was having a son, and a dream of me taking a pregnancy test with him. All while we are married. I also had a dream that we were taking our son to pre-school for the first time and tens of other dreams where we were together in our house. After 3 years of having these dreams, I realized that they were all links-never repeats. I realized I hadn't had an actual wedding dream yet. Well, just last year, I had a dream of the entire wedding and reception-beginning to end. It was like 4 hours long. I remember every detail as if it really happened. It was unreal.

Now, while I'm having all of these dreams, this guy and I were just friends and never really got into a serious relationship. But ever since I had that first dream of him and I being married, it immediately caused me to fall in love with him and I am still in love with him today. He has a girlfriend and throughout our 8 year friendship, I have struggled to be "just friends" with him b/c of my feelings for him. So 2 years ago, I decided to not call or text him anymore to see if that would help. I have been going through an emotional storm of trying not to love him and trying to get him out of my heart. I've thrown away pictures and articles of him, but no matter what I do, he is still in my heart.

Oh, here is a fine detail. When I saw his first football game at college, I immediately knew he would be a pro athelete. I could feel it in my spirit. Well, his senior year, I had several dreams of him being in NFL and he is now in the NFL. I cry all the time because I want him in my life and I feel like God promised me something that it seems as if I will never have. He is 3 years younger than me and was born and raised in a different state. I trust God and I believe those dreams were signs of my future mate, but looking at the situation, I lose faith often. He is in a relationship where they grew up together and their families are close. On top of that, he is famous and I know he is not as close to Christ as he should be. I pray for him everyday as if he were my husband. I cry so much b/c I can't see myself with anyone else and I have no interest in dating b/c it feels as if I am cheating. It is crazy b/c I feel as if he is a part of me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see him. I ask God for confirmation all the time and he has never told me "No." He always tells me to wait and trust him.

I try, but it's so hard. If I had never had those dreams, I probably would be going on dating other guys and not even thinking about him. It's the dreams that caused me to fall in love with him. I've dated other fine guys, but he is by far, the most beautiful man ever...to me. Some days I am confident that we will be together and other days, I wish I'd never met him. I don't know what God is going to do, but I honestly feel that I will love him until I die. I have waited for him 8 years! I just hope he's worth waiting for!!!!!!!!

Oh, for the record. I have heard of prophecy mix- ups and my older sister received a prophecy that she would marry a ball player and I received a prophecy that I would be a world known singer. My older sister is actually a well known singer in the area and sings back-up for an artist, so I figured our prophecies got mixed up b/c I heard that is commom between family members. What do you guys think?

ljackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 am

ljackson, first welcome to the site glad to have you here, second, I wanted you to know that I too have had similar dream as you for someone I was interested in. One dream I was in my wedding dress playfully running from him, we were married the next scene I was in his house pregnant with his child. This has not been my only dream. But I always fought with the idea of my heart conjuring up this dream because it could be possible.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ljackson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:25 am

Right Gissy 2! I restled with that too but after thinking about it, I realized they weren't induced from my feelings b/c I started having them before I really knew what was going on. I always think about that too.

ljackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:01 am

I know what you mean, it's difficult to interpret these dreams because only time will tell the truth. That's why most of the time I just write these dreams down and not put too much hope in them. I too have asked God for the interpretation and like you, all I get is "wait". Happy I am not the only one struggling.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ljackson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:19 am

No you are not alone dear! And you are right. All we can do is wait. Wait. And wait. I am just trying to focus on the Lord and getting myself together so that when my groom does arrive, I will be ready.

ljackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Amen! I like that attitude, it's important to get on with our lives and wait on Him. Just this morning I was reading through Psalm, I ran across 37:34 it says "Wait for the Lord and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land." Years ago, I use to hate when people told me to wait because I felt like they didn't understand but now I have a different aspect, it's like I hear God telling me to wait and I know it's a promise that He will keep. He is a faithful God, I know He is preparing both me and my future spouse. And I know the story will be wonderful!!! God knows our heart. He sees our effords and we will be greatly rewarded in due time.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ljackson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Amen! That really encourages me. I just read Psalms 37:4 where it says delight yourselves in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. God comforts me when he tells me that if we wait on him, he will completely blow our minds and make all of our dreams come true according to His will. That's all I want! I am grateful to be able to share these experiences with other women of God who can encourage each other. We will all have a great testimony one day soon.

ljackson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:39 pm

That is awesome God gave us the same passage on the same day, how great is our God!

I am so thankful for this online dream ministry. They are very helpful and encouraging no matter which situation you have. I find today that some ministries would like to sweep what you are experiencing under a rug. I don't know your experience but it seems like they prefer not to hear when a single woman/man has a dream or vision of a future spouse. The ministry I went to, I was at their singles' conference and this guy stood up and was asking for someone's opinion. He had a vision of what he thought was his future wife. The speaker immediately told him the vision was basically foolishness and everyone looked at him like sit-down!! At that time, I never had a dream about my future spouse, in fact, never even dreamt about guys that I was interested in. So, I was thinking that poor guy, God doesn't tell us those things. But recently I had about 3 dreams and I decided to explore the fact if God can or sometimes will tell us.

Number one, it's in His Word, Jer 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know"

Isa 42:9 "See, the former things have taken place and new things I declare before they spring into being I announce them to you".

Then, second, God opened up my eyes to so many people who saw their husbands/wives as their spouse YEARS before meeting them. I learnt that God is not a "cookie cutter" some of us will have unique ways and unique stories which will display the glory of God. And I now believe that ministry leaders/mentors shouldn't put everyone in a mold but if someone comes to them believing God showed them their spouses via a dream, they should keep their strong opinions and always direct them to Christ and allow God to direct their paths. Because you never know, it could be God and if it is not then leave it up to God to direct them the right way. That's why I love this ministry, you have people like Cholette, she respects your experiences/dreams, she doesn't ignore it or make you feel kinda silly but she always leads you back to Christ because she knows He will take care of you. And that's the ultimate benefit of these dreams whether it's from Him or not you should always end up in His arms and your relationship grows stronger because of it, amen!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top