Another reoccurring dream...and something has got to give.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another reoccurring dream...and something has got to give.

Post by BatKnight on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 am

Ladies, before I begin I want to thank those of you who have prayed for me since we last spoke; I've been praying more and seeking the LORD, and have felt closer to the Father as a result. At times, I still feel I'm on shaky ground, so I try to take it one day at a time. I definitely have the desire to grow in Him and with Him. Never doubt that prayer really accomplishes more than you think; The LORD shared with me that a battle fought on your knees is better than one fought on your feet. Anyway, allow me to share another reoccurring dream I've been having for several days now. I don't know if the matter is so ingrained in my mind that it subconsciously comes out every night...or the LORD is trying to tell me something. Let me explain:

Every night I've been having a dream that I'm with the military on a training exercise, on post, or fighting in a battle beside them. I'm working with them and serving with them, yet...I'm not 'officially' with them. That, or I could be officially with them, but I'm not in uniform.

Now ladies, believe me, I've been praying to the LORD about this. If you've read my previous posts you know just how much it would mean to me to join the Army. However, as of late, I've told the LORD that I'm going to trust Him and truthfully just want to feel His presence daily-- it didn't matter what I did just as long as He was in it and His Spirit upon me. So, my question is, is this a subconscious desire or is the LORD telling me 'Yes' or 'No'? May The Spirit of the LORD, He who empowered Jesus our LORD, He who has given me a peace as of late, may He inspire one of you with wisdom and discernment.

In Him,

Joshua.

BatKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another reoccurring dream...and something has got to give.

Post by Jodi on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 am

Hi, Joshua. I have some questions that might draw out more memories of the dreams details for you. If there are more details revealed to you now than you remembered before, that's OK. It sometimes happens that while you talk/ write/ ponder about a dream, God chooses to bring to your mind more information to help you gain understanding. If so, these details will help reveal the dreams' message to you.

What kind of training exercise - weapons, sneaking up on enemy, pushups (physical training), other?

How was the battle going? What was your role in this battle - carrying supplies, driving, using a weapon, scouting?

What type of work you were doing along side of them - meal prep, delivery, building, tearing down, mapping, planning attack, other?

How did you feel in the dream - strong desire to be part of the group, satisfied to just be doing your duty, fear, calm determination, strong desire to destroy the enemy, other?

Your dream feelings compared to your IRL feelings might help you know if the dreams are God-given or if they reflect your own natural desire. Did your feelings in the dream match your actual feelings? Or, did your feelings in the dream seem out of character for you IRL?

I hope this helps and I pray that God will grant you wisdom and understanding for this dream and for the decision of whether or not to join the military.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:16 pm

I am not a dream interpreter yet, this is just something that struck me.

Not 'officially' with them yet?

There seems to be a struggle between your mind, will & emotions. [your soul, or soullish desires] I do not mean this in a bad way. I am just reminding myself that you are a spirit being, who posesses a soul, who inhabits a physical body. [you are made in the image and likeness of God... a tri-part being]

There seems to be a struggle in discernment between the soul and spirit going on. You, want this to be of the Holy Spirit, but so far it is not offically endorsed by Him?

Doesn't mean it won't be, because God will grant you the secret petitions of your heart according to psalm 37.

I feel that you are doing so well in this struggle by not succumbing to your longings and rushing out ahead of God's will, like a horse. As soon as you get the 'official' stamp you will be off. But perhaps part of you knows this already? Hold fast dear one. When you go, you shall go in the fullness of the Blessing of the gospel of Christ. Fully prepared, in peace.

K

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My thanks...

Post by BatKnight on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

First, let me thank you both for your replies. Jodi, I will address your questions first.

1. What kind of training exercise - weapons, sneaking up on enemy, pushups (physical training), other?

In one dream it was jump training (Airborne) and in another it was combat readiness.

2. How was the battle going? What was your role in this battle - carrying supplies, driving, using a weapon, scouting?

In the battle, I was squad leader and we were patrolling an area for the enemy.

3. What
type of work you were doing along side of them - meal prep, delivery,
building, tearing down, mapping, planning attack, other?

As squad leader I was encouraging the men and planning a route of attack.

4. How
did you feel in the dream - strong desire to be part of the group,
satisfied to just be doing your duty, fear, calm determination, strong
desire to destroy the enemy, other?

You know, Jodi, I tell you that I felt like I belonged for the most part, though there was an occasional (...and rare) moment where there was some doubt.

And Karen, thank you for your reply. Here are some thoughts and answers...

There seems to be a struggle in discernment between the soul and spirit going on. You, want this to be of the Holy Spirit, but so far it is not officially endorsed by Him?

Truth be told...Yes, I do want this to be of the Spirit of the LORD. I do secretly long to be called, for a season, to be a soldier and medic.

Doesn't mean it won't be, because God will grant you the secret petitions of your heart according to Psalm 37.

I feel that you are doing so well in this struggle by not
succumbing to your longings and rushing out ahead of God's will, like a
horse. As soon as you get the 'official' stamp you will be off. But
perhaps part of you knows this already? Hold fast dear one. When you
go, you shall go in the fullness of the Blessing of the gospel of
Christ. Fully prepared, in peace.

BatKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lost in translation?

Post by karen on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:06 am

Hi Batknight,

I am on a day off today and cannot settle into my Bible studies, as God keeps 'plopping' things into my spirit, like a stone into clear water sending out ripples. I believe these are for you, as He won't let me continue with my day off! lol!

I don't know how to word exactly, or deliver what I see in a written form. I don't know how to precisely communicate/convey to you, but will try my best...so here goes...

I cannot get away from your sincere, heartfelt desire and hunger for answers. I feel that you have been 'badgering God' to such a degree that He HAS to answer the persistent Prayer! (i.e. you) lol!
I feel that, Just like Cornelius whose alms giving came up before God, so has your persistence in this subject that you seek answers for.

The 'presence' within me this morning, is like a supernatural burden, nudging and insisting to the point where I've said, "Okay, God, what do you want me to tell Him?!!!" Then bam! A Flood. So here, from the overflowing wells of God you may have to do some inner detective work and analysis of these things I have been 'impressed' with.

Please hold it up Batknight, for your scrutiny and the word.

I feel that God would say to you...

"Child, I have sent you My Dream, My Vision for your life, which you have obediently made yours. I thank you for running with My dream. I thank you for receiving it. For allowing my seed to take root in you and grow. te - [color=red]you are the earth in which the seed was planted - your heart]

Now is the time to prune, just as in Ecclesiastes I describe my seasons, now is not the time to plant, but the time to uproot. The time to uproot, all fear, anxiety (divided mind) and to prune. [Karen's note - the dream or vision must not be choked]

Will you trust Me? Will you give My dream back to Me, ...NOW?

You have perceived well, something HAS got to give, and son, it is you. Will you give back to Me, My dream which I have planted in you? Will you allow me to be the Husbandman? For I know exactly how to prune you, lovingly.

For you, this wll seem like death. You will grieve and mourn, BUT you are my obedient son.

In laying down on the altar of your heart to Me, your Isaac, weeping may endure for a night, but your joy WILL come in the morning. Will you entrust to Me, your heart's most precious posession in the earth?"

So Batknight...I think God is saying,

You have a choice to make. Save your life, or lose it? Your life is your dream right now. I pray you will not allow it to become a god with a little 'g' .

Jesus said, "I am the Resurrection and the life. "

I urge you to trust in that resurrection power. I urge you to place the dream in the safest hands you know.

Take a look at Corporate Words - I encountered death to only to be sent back for a greater purpose. 1-09-2010 As I feel this is also linked. (all the replies)

I hope and pray you understand. I sooo winced and hesitated about posting this for you, as it is such a tough one. Just Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding Batknight.

Find your Jehovah Jireh Gen 17 and Gen 22:1-19 Please be encouraged...

Love K

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lost in translation?

Post by karen on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 am

Hi Batknight,

I am on a day off today and cannot settle into my Bible studies, as God keeps 'plopping' things into my spirit, like a stone into clear water sending out ripples. I believe these are for you, as He won't let me continue with my day off! lol!

I don't know how to word exactly, or deliver what I see in a written form. I don't know how to precisely communicate/convey to you, but will try my best...so here goes...

I cannot get away from your sincere, heartfelt desire and hunger for answers. I feel that you have been 'badgering God' to such a degree that He HAS to answer the persistent Prayer! (i.e. you) lol!
I feel that, Just like Cornelius whose alms giving came up before God, so has your persistence in this subject that you seek answers for.

The 'presence' within me this morning, is like a supernatural burden, nudging and insisting to the point where I've said, "Okay, God, what do you want me to tell Him?!!!" Then bam! A Flood. So here, from the overflowing wells of God you may have to do some inner detective work and analysis of these things I have been 'impressed' with.

Please hold it up Batknight, for your scrutiny and the word.

I feel that God would say to you...

"Child, I have sent you My Dream, My Vision for your life, which you have obediently made yours. I thank you for running with My dream. I thank you for receiving it. For allowing my seed to take root in you and grow. ]you are the earth in which the seed was planted - your heart Karen's note]

Now is the time to prune, just as in Ecclesiastes I describe my seasons, now is not the time to plant, but the time to uproot. The time to uproot, all fear, anxiety (divided mind) and to prune. [Karen's note - the dream or vision must not be choked]

Will you trust Me? Will you give My dream back to Me, ...NOW?

You have perceived well, something HAS got to give, and son, it is you. Will you give back to Me, My dream which I have planted in you? Will you allow me to be the Husbandman? For I know exactly how to prune you, lovingly.

For you, this wll seem like death. You will grieve and mourn, BUT you are my obedient son.

In laying down on the altar of your heart to Me, your Isaac, weeping may endure for a night, but your joy WILL come in the morning. Will you entrust to Me, your heart's most precious posession in the earth?"

So Batknight...I think God is saying,

You have a choice to make. Save your life, or lose it? Your life is your dream right now. I pray you will not allow it to become a god with a little 'g' .

Jesus said, "I am the Resurrection and the life. "

I urge you to trust in that resurrection power. I urge you to place the dream in the safest hands you know.

Take a look at Corporate Words - I encountered death to only to be sent back for a greater purpose. 1-09-2010 As I feel this is also linked. (all the replies)

I hope and pray you understand. I sooo winced and hesitated about posting this for you, as it is such a tough one. Just Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding Batknight.

Find your Jehovah Jireh Gen 17 and Gen 22:1-19 Please be encouraged...

Love K

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top