Why can't I interpret dreams?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why can't I interpret dreams?

Post by Angelwings on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 am

I guess this is a question for the interpretors. I'm just curious as to why I can't interpret dreams. I've always had vivid dreams since I was younger. I can sometimes have a basic understanding of them but for the most part they are symbolic and I don't understand them. I always pray for more insight and understanding for my dreams. Can I ask God for the gift of interpretation?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why can't I interpret dreams?

Post by Cholette on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 am

Yes you can. I can interpret my own dreams, but I normally don't do anyone elses. Dreams are like parables and God looks forward to us asking HIM for the meaning of our dreams. It's His special way of communicating with us. The interpretation comes from Him and He gives to us freely when we ask and believe.

Blessings and revelation to you!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 am

I guess in due time I will receive more understanding. So I realize dreams are more on a personal level and not always meant to be confirmed by others. I know I've heard that when God gives us a word for the Kingdom it should be confirmed. I'm trying to understand some of the dreams and visions I've had over the year. If I can't interpret them should I seek out confirmation or wait for it? I want so bad to have a deeper understanding when God speaks to me. I'm always concerned that I'm missing a message. I've heard a preacher said that if we don't pay attention then we will miss out on what could have been a Word from God for the body of Christ.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 am

Well, there is a scripture that says..."For we know in part and we prophesy in part." (1 Corinthians 13:9) You won't always know what each part of your dream means right away.

I have someone that I trust who I share my dreams with for confirmation. Never, never, never, give a person your dream to interpret without having at least a general sense of what God is saying to you. Pray over it and wait. Read and keep reading your dreams and the Holy Spirit begin to open things up for you. Jeremiah 33:33 says..."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

I'm not sure I wholeheartedly agree with what the preacher said. That leads a person into condemnation and fear...afraid that they will miss God in delivering a message to His people. God has a way of making sure you get the message so you can deliver it. If you are not ready or in tune to hear from Him to deliver it...He will make sure the message gets to whoever needs it. He's a LOVING GOD!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 am

that makes me feel better Cholette. I don't belong to that church where I heard that anymore...so thats good. I can honestly say that hearing what the preacher said did worry me. I need to get over it. I tend to get excited or worried when I dont understand right off the bat....I'm working on that.

Thank you

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

You are welcome...To God be the glory...

Praying for you!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top