Seem to be blocked need guidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seem to be blocked need guidance

Post by justblezzed on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello I have been trying to get back to that place were I use to be in God. I can't seem to do it. I desire to have that thrist and hunger for righteousness again but it seems as if I am blocked. I am in leadership in my church and also praise dance. I tend to be hesitant to move forward in the things of God because not being good enough like the others that go forth in the church body all that I know and have experienced is against this but it still seems to be a hinderance for me. I want to be all that the Lord Jesus Christ called forth from me. I had even considered just stopping with the praise dancing and everything. I am seeking guidance. If a word can be given it would be appreciated.

justblezzed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seem to be blocked need guidance

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

DO NOT STOP!!!!! That's what satan wants you to do.

Let me remind you of a story. SCGirlyGrl's paraphrasing.

Jesus tells Peter, before the cock crows three times, you will deny me.

Peter in the garden around a fire later. He's with them. Peter: I do not know him.
He's one of them: Peter I don't know what you're talking about.
He's with Jesus: Peter May I rot if I know him.

Cock crows three times.

Jesus crucified.

Jesus risen. Angel tells the women: Go tell the disciples and PETER that he is risen.

Jesus: Do you love me?
Peter: Yes Lord, I love you.

Jesus: Peter do you love me?
Peter: Yes Lord, I love you.

Jesus: Peter, Lovest thou me?
Peter: Yes, Lord you know I love you.

Jesus then tells Peter, there will be a time when someone will lead you where you do not want to go, and strech out your arms.

Jesus forgave Peter for denying him. Jesus made sure that Peter knew he was risen after his ressurection. Peter knew that God had forgiven him when he felt he was so unworthy, and "not good enough" for God's love.
Peter couldn't even bring himself to tell God how much he loved him, because he was so embarrassed and broken. But Jesus told him to feed his sheep, and that one day because of his faith, he would be crucified for his belief in Christ.

Peter went on to preach at pentecost and 3,000 people got saved!!! This was the same man who felt totaly unworthy, not good enough and broken after his denial of Jesus.

Tradition states that later in Peter's life, both him and his wife were being cruicified for the faith. Peter told them to cruicify him upside down because he was not worthy to die in the same manner as his Lord.

Justblezzed, those feelings of not being good enough, come straight from the pit of hell. God wants you to move forward with him, just like he wanted Peter to move forward as well.

Father, In the name of your mighty son Jesus Christ, I break this sister from bondage. You paid the ultimate price for her, and you love her more than anything in the world. She is valuable and precious in your sight, and you would not trade anything for her, and you didn't when you got the opportunity when you were tempted. Jesus, help her see the great worth that is inside of her. Lord, she doesn't have to measure up to those around her. She just needs to be who you created her to be. Jesus, touch her now, show her your great love for her. Minister her worth to her. God you are the mighty one, and you tell all of your children to come to you. Jesus, heal this sister, we ask in the Mighty name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

God will be with you. Don't measure yourself by others, that's another tool of the devil. You just be who God created you to be.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh, Child of God
What you seek has never left you
For God has given it to you for a season, that you should know he is God
And what God has freely given no one can take away
You know he could not let you dwel like that all your days in the flesh
for the time will come when he will
but he has given you a way
and the way is in your testimony

dig into your heart and tell us all that Christ means to you
then tell us all Christ has done for you

what it is you seek, you will recieve

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Justblezzed...

I'm going to come from a different angle then what was mentioned before ONLY because I want to make sure you understand WHY you want to step down from your ministries. I was in your place a year ago. I was there because I felt like I was doing my ministries because I HAD TO and I lost my love and the worship behind it. IF YOU NEED TO STEP DOWN for the sake of "regrouping", then I say go for it. God NEVER wants us to do things out of "works" and because we feel "obligated". If this is the feeling you have, then take a month or two off, spend time with the Lord and get reconnected with your gift and what it means to the Lord and go back and do what you are called to do.

Now...flipping the script a bit...if you want to stop because of you feeling inadequate based on how YOU FEEL you measure up to others, then you are wanting to stop for the wrong reasons. I agree with what was said before...you CANNOT compare yourself with others because we ALL have our own special way of worshipping God with our gifts. You have to push pass that.

We all have those seasons where it's a little hard to press in to God, but what you should do is stop looking at where you were. What if God wants to take you to a NEW PLACE IN HIM? How do you know you are not there? Are you basing it on feelings? Feelings lie...it's in the sense realm and God moves in the spiritual realm. All I can say is HANG IN THERE!! God hasn't left you..He is still leading you.

I pray this helps!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:48 pm

All I can say is Amen!

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top