Speaking in tongues/in the spirit

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Speaking in tongues/in the spirit

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:12 am

@ Owen - wow praiseGod :praiseg-d:
That's what I'm talking about! woo hoo
I once read a book about tongues and the pastor who wrote the book gave similar accounts. I've wondered if that's what's going on with me because my 'tongue' sounds different...

@Traveller - I didn't know you could trade in your tongue! lol! On a serious note, your post blessed me! I've been concerned that I was allowing doubt to creep in so that you said really resonated. I'll pray about that....in my prayer language... wink Thank you!

This is an interesting topic, I would love to hear others' testimonies, stories - keep them coming! Flower Power

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 am

flower i love in esply 4 tha s,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 am

I'm really enjoying everyone's responses to this topic!!! This has been a long journey trying to understand the truth about tongues, so I really appreciate everyone telling their experiences.
Tongues today is so condemned in so many churches icl. the one I grew up in. They say that the only tongues is when you are in front of a crowd and you speak in their language through the Holy Spirit.
I heard many years ago that there was a study done on the tongues the church has condemned, and it was found that people actually were speaking in other languages. Which IS Biblical. The many churches that condemn say basically that the tongues that are spoken today are satanic jibberish, copy cat tongues...
So, I have been VERY skeptical... I love the testimonies and the Bible does speak of the testimony of a Righteous "man"...

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 pm

If you do have the gift or if you happen to speak when in prayer... try to do it daily if possible.

The Holy Ghost knows exactly what to pray for through you to God and although you wont understand it most of the time, knowing that its in his word that he would do that should comfort you that your prayers are reaching heaven's throne.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:20 am

AMEN, KDRE!! this reminds me of my experience.

this is one of my experience in speaking in tongue....

Way back college years, the church sent me with other church leaders in the church to a youth mission conference where I met a friend who studied theology. We had nice time talking about God. As the conference is done, I went back to my city because the conference was held in the neighboring city.

two months after, during my daily prayer time in the morning, I woke up scared thinking about him, and I couldnt get him out of my mind. I started to pray for him but didnt know what to pray. So, i just prayed in tongues , even so, I was still scared, I didnt know why. I decided to get ready to go to college. I didnt stop speaking in tongues with my mind thinking about him, while in the shower, getting dressed, and while in the college bus. As I was entering the building going to my class, I felt peace flooded my soul. Then, I felt fine and okay.

The following day, I wrote him a letter addressed to his church. In the letter, I told him about my experience praying for him in tongues.So, I asked him what happned to him during that day, what is the problem? Is there something wrong?

By the following week, one of the church leaders sent me a voicemail stating that they were very thankful that i prayed for him because his condition was matter of spiritual life and death, that he was in the point of turning away from God. But he didnt because God intervened.

I was really grateful to God for interceding through me for my friend and for doing His will in my friend's life, for not forsaking him nor leaving him during the times of trials and testings. I believe if I did not respond to the Spirit's touch in me, my friend would have lost spiritually. I just prayed in tongues and that was all. I knew it was the Spirit who prayed through me.

Though this kind of experience happened to me several times with other people, but my experience above was my first time.

God is soooo good. His love endures forever!

Last edited by owen on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 pm

prayers of intercession thumbs

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 pm