Speaking in tongues/in the spirit

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking in tongues/in the spirit

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Praise God... Hello People of God.. I have a question.. or would like to get some insight on this topic.

Does everyone that can pray in tongues be able to interpret it? Also I would like to know how some of u started speaking in tongues, did u ask God or it just happened?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking in tongues/in the spirit

Post by True Flight on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:21 pm

If you ask God you can understand it, but thats not allways important, most the time its praise and worship, but some times its prayer for someone.

It took me 3 month's of dedicated prayer, it was not easy for me. God told me to go to the cross, and as I did he took me to the cross. this was a 2 hour prayer sesion seeking the Baptisam.

At the end of the vision of being at the cross I started to speak in tounges. I felt the river of life flow threw me.

The enemy was in my ear the whole time chatering like it was no ones buisness.

My brother recived it moments before I did, it took many hours of prayer for him too.

The key is to understand that you are saved.

I hope this helps with what your looking for.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 am

I agree with True Flight...it's not always important to be able to interpret. God can give ANYONE the interpretation because it's by His Spirit, but your prayer language is something that is between your spiritman and God's ears. It's something personal that you can share with the Lord...without you even knowing what you are saying.

Someone prayed for me and within minutes, it rolled off my tongue. It's a beautiful thing and I'm grateful to the Lord for my prayer language because I understand and realize that I'm praying for people, places, things and situations I know not of...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am

Yay, thank you sisterinchrist,
I've had that question on my mind lately and I never thought to ask it here.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm glad Angelwings, i was of some assistance in asking the question .
I agree its not that important to interpret it. I was just curious how some of the ppl of God came about to start speaking.. experiences i guess . I praise God and Look forward to praying in tongues..
thanks all and God bless ya'll for sharing this

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 am

~For me the Lord just gave it to me. I did pray to receive it but the next day when I was by myself at work it just started flowing off my tongue. I could not stop it. It was so beautiful to me. I felt so good when I spoke. It was refreshing my spirit man and it felt awesome.

Hope that helps,

Love in Jesus,

Con
nie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mjtorrence on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I know this is a old topic but I am new and my intake on praying in the spirit is I desired it so much that I would sit and pray and pray and it didn't come I had my Pastor pray for me and nope no praying in the spirit, and my Pastor's wife said to me "M, God will not take your tongue and move it for you" I was in the shower and it just came yay it is a awesome gift and sometimes when I am praying I can hear some of the interpretation especially when others pray I hear the words in english

mjtorrence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrswilliams on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Speaking in tongues...Is a gift that always intrigued me because I always wonder what individuals are saying especially when you are speaking out loud in a church setting where individuals can hear you. As I began to read over the scriptures in the Bible pretaining to Speaking in Tongues I have to say I disagree about interpretation not being as important. Yes your prayer language is between you and God but, we should all seek interpretation of Tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:13-14(So anyone who speaks in tongues should pray also for the ability to interpret what has been said. For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying , but I don't understand what I am saying) Speaking in the privacy of your own prayer closet you don't have to know what you are saying because your spirit man is interceeding but, interpretation is important.

mrswilliams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 pm

flower ther is the speakin in tounges personal baptisim,, wher u edify urself,, u may getan interp. .,, then thers the gift of the holy spirit speakin in tonges an interpretation which functions in a body/church setting,, lol! ,,, flower b/d lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrswilliams on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks dreamster you are right and interpretation is important. Your smiley usage is crazy..lol. I have to get use to it

mrswilliams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 am

lol! u need dreamsta talk 101... lol! ,,, um i cant heaaaaaaarrr u,,,,,,,,,, lol! D,,,[ no lisas wer damaged in makein this commercial],,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm

I have the gift of speaking in tongues... I do it every day in prayer as a matter of factly.

I have even spoken over the congregation where it was interpreted

The only personal interpretations that have come to me have been a few words at a time and its only happened twice that I know of without me asking what it means.

When someone mentioned its praise and worship...sometimes it is, but remember also the spirit of God also makes intercession for you in prayer at the same time as well.

I desired the gift as a new believer because i wanted to pray and praise and talk to God beyond a limited vocabulary... never thought I'd ever do any interpretation or anything but its definitely an experience when it happens over a congregation

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 am

I never spoken in tongues as a early believer, I always thought that was for gifter Christian. But one day last year, I believe it was after my fast. I was praying and I felt this light tingling across my body, I knew it was The Holy Spirit, I heard Him speak to me in a different language and I understood it. It was NOT English, however, I responded back in tongues, it was just pouring out of me. I can't tell the details but I knew He was prophesying my future, I had that sense and I was just praising and thanking Him in tongues. I was full of joy, speaking in tongues. It was such an awesome experience. praiseGod

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

orsome ksi..

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 pm

hey D, did you mean me?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

lol! no meee ,, yes u,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 am

dreamster wrote:lol! no meee ,, yes u,,

laugh sorry but yes it was an awesome experience :glory:

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:30 pm

My aunt spoke in tongues last (or two) Sunday while she was singing and she says she has absolutely no idea what she said!

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Yeah you usually dont understand whats being said. Even people graced with interpretation dont understand it most of the time

More than anything knowing the spirit is talking to God through you is good enough for me, because whatever it is, its needed.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:29 am

KDRE, my experience was so wonderful, it was so free flowing, so beautiful. I knew He was telling me my future but I don't know the details, I was just praising and thanking Him. I pray I be blessed with that again!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 am

mjtorrence wrote:I know this is a old topic but I am new and my intake on praying in the spirit is I desired it so much that I would sit and pray and pray and it didn't come I had my Pastor pray for me and nope no praying in the spirit, and my Pastor's wife said to me "M, God will not take your tongue and move it for you" I was in the shower and it just came yay it is a awesome gift and sometimes when I am praying I can hear some of the interpretation especially when others pray I hear the words in english

THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! laugh what

I had been prayed over by a lady that told me the same thing. She said "I thought the Lord was going to take my tounge and do it for me, but it took me 7 years to finally recieve it and thats NOT gonna happen to you!" Then she prayed over me, but instead of receiving it then, it took me 7 years to finally recieve it!!!! I had been praying for it for a long time and i was prayed over at church by the pastor and i was asking the Lord in my heart for the gift of tounges and the pastor said "Its your time...recieve it!" (He didnt know what i was asking for) and out popped ONE word in another language!!!! laugh I went home happy but frusterated that i hadnt allowed myself to recieve more, so i went in the shower and started praising God. I had had a dream the night before that i was in the shower and diamonds started falling out of my mouth. Which is what happened!! When the Spirit started flowing it was like diamonds to me flowing from my mouth! :glory:
Dont know why it took me so long to recieve it but i sure was praising Him when I did!!

Sometimes when i pray in my prayer language, the words of my heart flow more freely than the words in my own language and i feel like what i'm praying for gets across much easier. In a way i know what i'm praying for because its whats on my heart and sometimes its stuff that i didnt even know was there!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Ok, so I have a question to those of you who have a prayer language. How did you know it was a prayer language/gift of tongue vs jibberish? duh When you received it, was it immediately tongues as we hear it or did it form over time?

Although I've prayed for it over the last few years, I don't have one yet, at least I don't think I do - but I wonder if I'm getting in my own way? scratching chin What I mean is that I've listened to several pastors over the years talk about it and pray about it, I've prayed for it and have uttered utterances but my utterances don't sound like what I've heard from others who speak/pray in tongues - sounds more like African Japanese than a hebrew/aramaic tongue... ROTFL :laughing:

I don't know if my tongue is simply a different tongue (i.e., language) or if I'm uttering jibberish ( :blah: :blah: :blah: ) or if I need to let it continue to flow and let it form itself without being a part of it. On the one hand, if its my own prayer language for my own edification then it shouldn't matter but still I don't want to consider something a prayer language if it's not when I should be continuing to seek it, you know what I mean? I want to continue seeking it if I don't have it but I don't know if I have it....

Ok, maybe I am overthinking it.... :idk: :help:

Anyone?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:44 pm

well for me, I prayed for it years ago but never really bothered by it. I heard people in church speaking in tongues but I didn't really have the desire. Anyway, one day I was praying and crying to God. I was so burdened that I didn't know what else to say, didn't know how else to express myself, that's when it came, I just started speaking at first I couldn't believe it but it was just flowing out of me. To me it sounded like an old European language or something. I didn't know what I was saying but I knew what I was feeling. And I know I was being sincere and not making up words, I trusted that God was hearing me and was understanding. I don't pray/speak in tongues often but when I do it comes from within when I have no more English words.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 pm

I do speak in tongue almost everyday esp. in my prayer time with God.

I would like to tell two testimonies, one is an experience of one of the prophets in our church, and another from a missionary in our church too.

This prophet was invited to a prophetic conference in Korea. He doesnt speak Korean language, not even one word. So, it was his time to speak, he told God.... Lord, what am I going to do? I dont speak Korean. He just went up to the stage, put his Bible on the pulpit and open his mouth to talk. As he started to talk, he was speaking indeed but could not understand what he was saying, but the Lord assured him to continue speaking no matter what, he spoke for an hour. Then, he finished, went to sit on his chair, and the pastor in charge of the conference who can speak English approached and told him....I did not know you speak Korean well, you spoke a powerful message to the church.... So, he was surprised because he thought he was just speaking in tongue like usual. Then he needed to ask this pastor about what he was talking in the pulpit.

This missionary(a woman) went to a mission trip to a remote place from the city where a certain tribe lived. They went in group with one interpreter. They wanted to learn what is the real life of a missionary if sent to a remote place. They preached the gospel to the people who apparently did not hear about Jesus. At night, they spent time for prayer by groups. During prayer time, this woman started to pray in tongues, only in tongues. When prayer time was finished, one of the tribesmen asked her if she speaks their language. The interpreter translated the question to her and she replied a big NO . Then, this tribesman said that she was praying in their language and everybody understood her.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Lola,
I used to question my speaking in tongues because they don't sound like anyone else's I've ever heard either. However, it started to bother me so much (to the extend I started to doubt if they were from God at all) that I asked God to either give me another tongue to pray in or to give me the interpretation of what I was saying so I'd know. He did! And it was awesome. I never used to get any interpretation of anyone's tongues and here I was praying in tongues at home and He just gave me the direct translation. It was a word of Life into my own life. I've since learned that because I allowed doubt to come in, it was a tactic I allowed the enemy to use to stop me from praying in tongues for a while because I'd been so concerned it didn't sound 'normal'..
Now, I'm praying in tongues more than ever, because it feels like it 'gets the job' done more effectively without my own thoughts getting in the way. For me it's been one of those issues that I've had to stop overthinking and to learn to really trust Him with.
He knows your heart.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top