Worst night I've had in a long time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worst night I've had in a long time

Post by jaimerene on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

I am a Christian and my spiritual gift is prophecy. I dream vividly each night and always remember my dreams upon waking. I've had dreams where bad things happen and people die and the same things happen in the news the next day. I've learned to spend time praying over these things that are disturbing and seeking what the Lord is trying to tell me regarding my dreams. Sometimes I get an answer and sometimes I don't - last night an unusual thing happened that has never happened before it was one of the most difficult nights I've ever experienced.

A little background - I'm in the process of saving money with my boyfriend for us to get married next year and I recently started spending more time with my best friend since we began working together in January - additionally, my friend and I started a side business together that we're both excited about and have spent a lot of time developing. They have met each other a few times and though they are polite and don't hate when we go out together - they don't speak to one another much. They seem to have a mutual respect for one another but I wouldn't call them friends - more like acquaintances. My boyfriend and I have been dating for six years and my best friend has been in my life off and on for 17 years. My family members are all Christians and they have all blessed the upcoming marriage between my boyfriend and I. I am not a jealous person and I trust both of them.

Last night I was disturbed by a dream that woke me in tears - five different times. I have woken from dreams before and felt a dark presence in my bedroom when I wake - but that wasn't the case this time. The first time, I was on the beach with my boyfriend and my friend (he and I plan to get married on the beach) and my friend told me that she slept with my boyfriend. I walk away from her and go to speak to him and he admits to it as if it wasn't a big deal. I woke up shaking and crying and then I went into the living room and began to read the word and pray. I felt exhausted and so I went back to bed - then I dreamed that we were in my apartment and my friend told me that she slept with my boyfriend and I asked my boyfriend and again he admitted to it and acted as if it weren't a big deal. I woke again. This time I said a quick prayer and rolled over and went back to sleep. A third time I dreamed that we were in a parking lot, again my friend tells me the same thing, again my boyfriend admits to it, again I wake up. I stayed awake for a few minutes this time and then went back to bed. The fourth dream was on the beach again, same conversation with friend and boyfriend, again I wake up. I try one final time to go back to sleep and this time the setting for the dream was my bedroom - friend tells me, boyfriend admits to it and shrugs it off, I wake up. It was a horrible night. I'm sleepy but I don't want to go back to sleep because of the loop I seem to be dreaming.

I can make guesses as to what it all means - but I'm more interested in what God might have to say about it - I just am not hearing anything.

Can anyone help?

jaimerene

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst night I've had in a long time

Post by lola21st on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 am

Are you a literal or symbolic dreamer?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaimerene on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

I've had both kinds of dreams. When I have dreams that I've seen come true - they are literal. Like a bridge collapsing and killing people and the next day it happened and was on the news. Or a huge fire burning down a castle and a 10k sq ft house being built less than 100 miles from my house burned down 3 days later.

When I have dreams about myself they are typically symbolic. I've never dreamed something about myself that actually happened in a literal sense.

jaimerene

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Is it possible then that your dreams are showing you that your fiance and your best friend will grow closer over time? Not sexually, but closer given both of their love for you and the increased interactions socially and business wise?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaimerene on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 am

I suppose it's possible, but why was the dream so horrifying and repetative? It just seemed like a terrible thing and I was exhausted for two days afterwards.

jaimerene

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 pm

To be honest, I don't know how such a dream could not be horrifying... bandaid ...but the repetitive aspect suggests that there's message in this for you.

The one thing that does stand out to me in your dreams is that it's always your girlfriend who comes forth with the information and then your boyfriend admits to it once you confront him and doesn't see this information as a big deal. It's possible that this is the dynamic that may play out in real life - probably nothing related to an affair, but that they have information that should be shared with you, your girlfriend shares it with you and you find out that your boyfriend knew about it (or was involved in it as well) but didn't see it as something that was a big deal that warranted him sharing it with you. In his mind, he's not hiding anything he simply didn't see this thing as anything noteworthy.

Please pray about this though because these are only my thoughts, ok?

If anyone else has an interpretation, please post! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top