Missed Meal at Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missed Meal at Club

Post by Paul RT on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:26 am

I was invited to play in a Soccer Grand final for a Tradesmanísí Club team. This was a team mainly comprised of people of Italian descent, many of who were associated with my son-in-law.

The team and supporters were meeting at the licenced club before the match, and we sat down at a table that had been temporarily booked for us until the tables we were to eventually sit became available.

While we waited I was invited to place a coin on a row of other coins as some sort of gamble. The person taking the bets was disappointed that I chose to place a coin on the spot that she had chosen.

We sat down at the temporarily reserved tables to wait, and then most of the party moved to the final destination. I sat patiently and waited my turn. There was a long wait, and I eventually missed out on the meals that had been served. I complained to a waiting staff member of the club about missing my meal.

In the background I could hear the song ďPassionate ManĒ by Geoff Moore

Last edited by Paul RT on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missed Meal at Club

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

I have not taken the accuracy test.

I'm wondering if God was waiting on you for something, and you missed out meeting Him on it, i.e. the meal. Did you then complain to God about something that didn't go right, (complaining to the waiter)?

Have you lost money recently? I believe the gambling is symbolic of loosing money.

These are just my thoughts.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks SCGirlyGrl

No I haven't lost any money, nor am I am gambler, at least not with money.

However I have had a number of disappointments lately, including being overlooked for an internal promotion, missing out on another job application, and in recent times not being able to exercise my gifts at a new church I'm attending.

I think the song is the key here (sorry I couldn't track down the lyrics to post them). It is a prayer that in spite of these apparent disappointments that I shouldn't give up and stop caring and seeking to serve Him.

The passage comes to mind - Rev 2:4, which is a warning not to forget our "first love".

Blessings

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Paul,

I am so sorry if it came across that I was implying you gambled. What I meant by asking if you've lost money was that a lot of people have lost money in investments bc of the economy.

No, you should never give up on serving the Lord. He will always come through despite our personal dissapointments God will be faithful regardless of what it looks like in the physical.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top