Speaking one language?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking one language?

Post by traveller on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Repost!
The following is a dream my husband had over a month ago. Note, my husband isn't saved yet, but on his way..I believe.
Here's the dream as he remembered it:

Husband himself is on a bus in South Africa trying to talk dutch to people (which is related to africaans but quite different and my husband isn't fluent in dutch himself..) but the people in his dream on the bus didn't understand him. Only when he started to speak English (which is his native tongue) did they understand him.
Next scene:
He is in a desert country visiting people that had lived there for a generation, it felt like a refugee camp. The people there were Spanish, Greek and Russian. However they all spoke English together, my husband too when they were talking together. They all had to go through a tunnel that was cut out into bush and everyone was lining up to go through this bushy tunnel, including husband himself. My husband wanted to take a shortcut by taking the tunnel that was next to the one they were lining up for. He went into this other tunnel but it got narrower and narrower and so overgrown at the end he couldn't go through so he had to go back.
That's all he could remember.
I wonder if this talks about trips to these places in the natural or if they could be spiritual journeys where people need to learn to speak one language.. These are thoughts i've had. I hope someone can help with the interp.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking one language?

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Just some thoughts. There is something to this dream that is like on the tip of my mind... 2 tunnels one large and one of an unbeaten path that gets way too narrow, the eye of the needle. He tries take the unbeaten path. You say he is getting close and maybe this is a confirmation. With the language, with God, He can make one language understood by all. In God we have one mind.
If this doesn't speak to your spirit please disregard it.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi hinds'f:)
Thanks for your thoughts, it does speak to me, however somehow every time I look at the dream something else jumps out. Your comments could fit in the bigger picture, however the glimpses of understanding I'm having on this one are fleeting.
I'll keep praying for a more complete understanding. Thanks H.anyway!

Last edited by traveller on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change sentence)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:59 pm

I know what you mean! It got to me the same way.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm also getting that my husband (before and after salvation) is going to speak his own language (meaning:the way he is, being himself, which is quite different..:)and off the beaten track and this is going to be the 'language' that God is going to use for him to connect with all those other people in other countries, in whatever context..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:59 pm

I can totally see what you are saying! That makes sense with everything in the dream!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:20 pm

God is good!
With the 2tunnels, as we as believers know:)there aren't any shortcuts to God. Maybe that's what dear hb is trying..or will try, but he'll find out.. When the tunnel is getting narrower and narrower and is basically closing in on him, he has to turn back. In order for someone to turn back, there's a realisation of being stuck(in this case, stuck in a bushy tunnel..)and then making a return, which is a 180 degree turn-around.. which is what being born-again usually entails...

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 am

God sure is Good!! There is so many meanings all about salvation in your dream. It's amazing how God does that because I know that I could never come up with that in a million years flower

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 pm

I had to think about this year-old dream the other day when we were watching a program about refugees. In the show it turned out that all people in the refugee camp, regardless of where they come from, speak english together as that's the main language to communicate.
We then talked about how/if we could work with refugees one day; I reminded my dear hb about this dream he had but he couldn't remember..:)
Nothing else in this dream has come to pass yet, at least not literally, but funny how one can be reminded of a detail by another detail..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top