Reoccuring Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reoccuring Dream

Post by BatKnight on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm

My name is Joshua. Please allow me to share what has been a reoccurring dream for sometime now, even sometimes as much as twice in one night- the same type of dream: I dream that I am protecting/defending others from someone or something pursuing them. Sometimes it's as vague as a shadow figure, but more than often it is a monster of sorts, i.e., a gremlin or a Terminator. Most of the time I am scouting a location to hide them from their pursuer, though occasionally I actually confront and wage battle against the creature. As far as how I feel in these dreams? Calm, collected, yet with some trepidation; I know it's my duty to do this and that gives me courage to face down the attacker. It is quite possible this is dealing with a matter I've discussed with the LORD. I've expressed an interest to Him about joining the Army, but have been given an answer of "Wait.". I do wonder though: is this dream more than symbolic and a possible hint at some future event yet to be...or even a job in the military? May The LORD's Spirit grant an understanding and a wisdom to the one who can answer this dream and help me have peace. Thank you and Amen.

Joshua.

BatKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccuring Dream

Post by Josue Tortola on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Joshua!!!
My name is Joshua too, but in Spanish.
When we have a reocurring dream is because we are receiving a message to do or to avoid something...in your case you are fighter...a protector...a warrior...someone who defends the ones that are weak...you fight for them...you confront the attacker....you fight with the enemy and the people that is with you suffer no damage.
In real life you have talked with God about joining the army...but what are you going to do to in the army?Essentialy the mission involves killing some other humans and this is because of the rulers...the presidents...they are having a good life...with all the comfort they wish... faraway from the battlefield...but you...you are the one who recieves bullets...you are the one who kill other humans...you are the one who finish with no arms...no legs... or blind or deaf or even dead. I wonder if this is what you really want in your life.
The answer of God is "Wait". So joining the army is not what He wants for you.
I think that your dream is a calling but in the spiritual realm.You probably are going to develop a gift...and this gift could be the gift of liberation...you are going to make free some other persons of the demoniac attack...you are going to cast down demons...you are also going to guide these persons away from Satan and his demons.
I would like you to do something....everyday...everynight...at any momment during the day....prepare yourself mentally and say to yourself that when you have this dream again you are going to fight with the monster but not just with your own force...instead in the dream you are going to pray to God in the name of Jesus...requesting his assistance to defeat this monster... you can ask for angels to fight with you...do this in the name of Jesus and cover yourself with His blood.
The Monster or Terminator in this case is representing the devil himself or his demons...so when you fight with them is gonna be easier with the help of God.
God Bless You!!!
With love!!! Josue Tortola.
PS. I havent finished the accuracy test.

Josue Tortola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 am

Praise the Lord, Joshua and welcome to the site!

You mention that this is a reoccuring dream, does it reoccur exactly like this and, if not, how does the dream change? Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 am

In real life you have talked with God about joining the army...but what are you going to do to in the army?Essentialy the mission involves killing some other humans and this is because of the rulers...the presidents...they are having a good life...with all the comfort they wish... faraway from the battlefield...but you...you are the one who recieves bullets...you are the one who kill other humans...you are the one who finish with no arms...no legs... or blind or deaf or even dead. I wonder if this is what you really want in your life.
The answer of God is "Wait". So joining the army is not what He wants for you.

Josue -
While it's very appropriate to share our thoughts on/interpretation for a dream, please use caution in making statements like the above because they cross the line from prophetic dream interpretation to personal opinion regarding a situation which is inappropriate to share when you don't know the person nor their situation/background. Granted if you receive a word from the Lord to share with the person, share it but I get the sense that this is your opinion that you're sharing, this isn't the Holy Spirit speaking.....

I also disagree that the Lord is telling Joshua not to pursue this vocation - 'Wait' simply means wait, it may be that this isn't the season, it may be that the Lord has a different way of bringing this about, it may be that He's has a plan and is working it and simply needs Joshua to wait and let Him be God in his situation. I don't see anything in Joshua's dream that would suggest that the Lord is telling him no, nor do I feel anything in my spirit that this is something that Joshua should not pursue, at least not based on this dream alone. Since it's a reoccuring dream, let's wait to understand the nature of the reoccuring theme before concluding that the Lord is saying no...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you both...

Post by BatKnight on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 pm

You mention that this is a reoccuring dream, does it reoccur exactly like this and, if not, how does the dream change?

First, allow me to thank you both for your replies; this dream has left me curious and even exhausted in searching for an answer. I do pray The LORD will allow Truth and Light to be shed on it once and for all. Now, before I answer the above question, I will confess that I shouldn't have mentioned the Army. I believe the LORD has told me to wait because I allowed my desire to join the Army to become an idol in my life; I allowed the Army to become my life and future, and it was wrong to allow it God's place. I repented of this sin, so I don't know if His answer will be 'Yes' or 'No', but I wish to trust Him with my life. However, to answer Mr. Tortola, I wanted to join the Army as a medic.

On to the question, my dream doesn't always occur the same way, but the theme remains constant. In my dreams, I'm somewhere with family or friends, and it is a place I feel at peace in. Then, there is an attack; it is either directly toward them (...rarely is this attack directed toward me.) or whatever is instigating these attacks is doing so against them through indirect means, though it intends harm. When this occurs, and I feel this in EVERY dream, I go into action to protect them. I'm not scared, rather I am focused and calm, and I know what I must do to save them. I've told my wife that it's like I have a soldier's training, though I'm not officially (...in these dreams) a soldier. What differs in the dream is who is attacking and my strategy to protect the intended victim; sometimes I take up arms and engage the attacker and other times I try to hide the person and stand guard over where they are hiding. I can't help shake the feeling that this has something to do with who I am and what lays in store in my future.

The LORD knows it's in my blood, and maybe a soldier isn't exactly what I am supposed to do...or maybe it is, but these dreams are calling me toward a duty to watch out for someone. You ladies would call it a mothering instinct, we men call it being a protector/defender. Anyway, thank you all for your time, and may the LORD bless you.

BatKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BatKnight on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm unclear if "bumping" a post is frowned upon here, but I believe these dreams demand that I be adamant in searching for an answer. I understand that The LORD has His own timetable in which He decides to deliver a word (Rhema) to someone, and that's if He elects to do so at all. I also see that so many others have dreams and hopes listed here and are hungry, maybe even desperate, for a word from God. I know The LORD wishes us to foster a dependency upon Him, but has waiting ever been easy for human beings? Even harder to maintain is trust, especially in the midst of absolute silence. Waiting and trusting can be burdens in themselves, so LORD help all of us here and elsewhere, who seek Your direction, to wait and trust upon You.

BatKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCGirlyGrl on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

I haven't taken the acuracy test.

However, isn't it a medic's job to protect, defend, get out the wounded while facing down the enemy, and finding a place to hide until it is safe enough to move them?

These are just my thoughts.

SCGirlyGrl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top