Dream about Dirty Bathtub

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream about Dirty Bathtub

Post by jill16 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I had a vivid dream last night where I was about 5 years old, and in the bathtub. I was dirty, the bathtub was dirty, the bath water was dirty, my bath toys were dirty, and even the soap itself was dirty. My (Christian) counselor (who I've grown to look up to as a father figure in the past 2 years) was sitting on the floor far away from me. He asked me a question about my mother, and I told him I didn't know much about her because she was not around much either for me when I was a child or now as an adult.

My counselor moved closer to me, I was afraid, but he said, it was okay, and he helped to drain the dirty water, and clean everything up. Then, he wrapped a big, fluffy pink towel around me, and hugged me. It was a very comforting dream, but was a little strange and scary at the same time.
I've been under a lot of stress this week because my mother actually will be in town for a visit in a few days, and being near her for some reason always freaks me out. Anyone have any ideas for the dream meaning?

bandaid

jill16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream about Dirty Bathtub

Post by dreamster on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 am

ugh it sounds seriuos stuff 2 me,,was ther childhood neglect or worse ,abuse?? wen u wer 5yrs?? do fear certain ppl?? ,,perhaps the arrival of ur mom is triggering some old memories,, ,,um just mi thorts ,,let me know,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:46 am

Good morning Jill,

I do not interpret per say but do give my thoughts. I can see the dirty water, tub and yourself as being your spiritual side. We are all dirty and need to be cleaned up. I see the counselor (since you look at him as a father figure) as possibly being Jesus here. You are somewhat afraid to have him help but after it is done it is worth it. Jesus reassures you it will be ok and wraps you in his comfort and peace.

I think the stress part about your mom is the Lord showing you that all will be ok and he will take care of you through the process.

Trust in Jesus and he will not let you down.

The 23 Psalm:

The
Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters. He
restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his
name's sake. Yea, though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art
with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou
preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou
anointest my head with oil; my
cup runneth over. Surely goodness and
mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord for ever.

I pray this has been of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 am

Hello Jill,
I have not taken the accuracy test. Here is my perspective on your dream.
Isaiah 6:9 reads, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Piece."
The counselor here represents Jesus. "I was about 5 years old..." This represents your past (the bathtub, the dirty items represent what has gone on in the past [between Mother and child]). Soap is what we use ourselves to do the cleaning of ourselves. The soap is dirty because there are things in our lives that we really can't clean up ourselves, therefore the Counselor (Jesus), only HE can do the cleaning up for you on what has gone on in the past between you and your Mother. We can know this because it is your Mother HE has questioned you about. "Then HE wrapped a big, fluffy pink towel around me and hugged me." The towel is a covering. This represents HIS covering over you. The pink here represents HIS love for you. HIS covering over you is love. So basically the dream is showing you an area in your life you cannot heal(clean up) but Jesus can. HE is aware of the situation, of the hurt you carry inside. Before or when your Mother comes to visit, ask the LORD to allow you to see her through HIS eyes. Seeing her through HIS eyes can be the beginning of your healing in this situation. My prayers are with you concerning this visit.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

great replys,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 am

Sponsored content