Lobsters and Fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lobsters and Fish

Post by Gissy2 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 am

Does anyone have an idea what lobsters and fish in a dream would mean?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lobsters and Fish

Post by lola21st on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 am

Overall, it depends on the context of the dream.

Generally lobsters aren't a good sign. They were listed on the list of unclean/forbidden foods in the book of Leviticus. I interpreted a dream last year in which lobsters were prominent, here is the link as an example....

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dreams-and-visions-to-be-interpreted-f1/lobsters-everywhere-t5081.htm?highlight=lobsters

Fish can often symbolize people...Christians or unsaved people who we need to reach out to...when Jesus Jesus told Simon Peter and Andrew to follow Him, He told them that they would be fishers of men.

Matthew 4:18-20
18 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 pm

thanks lola,

after reading the link i can totally see how lobsters can be unclean, I am hoping my dream was a good one though. In the dream I was in a market place and this vendor gave me this huge lobster, I mean like life size huge, I was excited because I was like whoo hoo I didn't have to pay for this one!!! Then all of a sudden this flame comes and sets the lobster's antenna on fire. The flame traveled down part of the body causing the lobster to boil to the point where it was overflowing. The vendor and I decided to put the lobster in an oven to slow cook, in the oven there was a fish the same size as the lobster. I wasn't sure about the lobster but I know the fire was a good sign.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Gissy2 -

Yes, this is a perfect example of how a symbol can be used differently across dreams... flower

I thought about this dream on the way into work this morning and I think the lobster may represent a person who gets saved or sanctified. In my dreams, anything related to fire, electricity, power, etc. is usually related to the Holy Spirit and His power. The scene in your dream where the fire comes down and more or less cooks the lobster reminded me of a sanctification of sorts in that the person/lobster is not the same after this process and can't go back to old ways. (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV - 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. )

Putting the lobster and fish in the oven suggests that there's still some preparation that's necessary before they're ready, although I don't know what it is they are being made ready for - pray for the Lord to reveal that to you... flower

Does this sound like anything going on in real life? Please pray about what I've said as these are only my thoughts.

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 am

Lola you are right on target I feel!! I think you are right!!! I felt that the fire might be some kind of change and I did think of God's Powers! In real life I don't know, how it relates to me. However, there is this one person at work who I barely know but I believe God has told me in another dream this person will be saved.

You see last year I dreamt about this person at work I barely know, I saw his face in the dream. I dreamt God told me He would "change his profession" I woke up like "ok why did I need to know that ok so he is going to change careers???", it was real weird but I kept thinking about the dream for days, it was on my mind I couldn't shake it so then I decided to look at it careful esp the spoken words eg "profession" I looked it up in the dictionary and the FIRST definition was to profess one's faith. Then it dawn on me, this person isn't changing careers he is changing his life, his faith, his acknowledge of God, he is going to proclaim God to many!

So, I started to pray that he becomes saved (a stranger! I have never done that before). Months goes by and I have the lobster dream I thought of that person! I was thinking "is that person's life going to be caught on fire for God" how awesome is that!! Now, the oven and the fish has me lost, I have no clue, I will need the Holy Spirit to guide me on that one. But so far, I don't know if this person has accept Christ as yet but I continue to pray.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:14 am

The Lobster in your dream suggests to me that you see it as a blessing that you do not have to pay for. FREE!

God's gifts are free.

I agree with the above that the fire is Holy Ghost power.

The Lobster is boiling with power to overflowing and then, you put it in the oven to 'slow' cook it.........could this be that you are not wanting to boil the guts out of this thing/person but rather cook it well like you would an ordinary fish?

Alternately Fish are best cooked in the oven. Lobsters are better boiled. Maybe leave this situation to the power of the Holy Ghost and trust God to cook this one. Since it is no ordinary fish, let God do this and cook it the best way he knows how. Trust Him with what He has given you and leave the cooking to the master chef!

Hope this helps.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Great addition! thumbs

Though I prefer my fish fried and my lobster steamed... wink ROTFL laugh ...sorry, having a Dreamster moment..couldn't resist... huggins

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey DS, thanks for your interpretation, I think you are right on with me allowing God to cook the situation, I think it's always good to allow Him to take control of a situation. I also think it's interesting that He used a symbol of a lobster, as I look back on this dream, I realized that for years I don't eat lobster for my own personal beliefs. So, I am wondering if this dream is similar to Peter's with the "unclean" food. Is God saying what I have looked as unclean He will make clean? And why would God put a fish and a lobster together in an oven?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:15 pm

LOLOLOL @ lola, yea we think alike, I love fried fish but I can do bake with some onions and garlic :cooking:

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 pm

haha ok girls, I'm an aussie and we BBQ our lobsters too!

But yeah I guess it is up to what you ultimately interpret the dream as and if Gissy2 you don't eat the stuff, then maybe God is saying something about unclean/clean.

does anyone think it strange that the Lobster was already boiled and overflowing before the vendor decided to slow cook it (after it was already cooked) in with the fish??????Why cook it again?

Maybe God is saying, the Holy spirit is using fire to 'touch' this person and then he wants you and he to then disciple (slow cook) this lobster (person) like you would any other fish!

Just some thoughts....... huggins

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:55 am

oh you're a "shrimp on the barbie" girl that's cool, BBQ is better than deep frying can't fault you on that but have you ever tried fried fish??

Anyway, I thought the dream was unusual as a whole. A lobster, The Fire, the rapid boiling, another fish and the oven. I think you are right the interpretation is within me. I keep going back to the lobster. I stopped eating them for years because I personal think it is unclean (this is my opinion not passing judgement on those who do eat it). And I guess by using fire He has purified it and made it clean, putting it in the oven suggests that He has to continue the process, the situation/person is not ready to be eaten. And this goes back to what you and lola have suggested!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top