Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hind'sfeet

UPdate, My son is throwing up :(

He said last night before we went to bed that his tummy wasn't feeling too good. He threw up after we went to sleep and then threw up again but in bed. He's still throwing up. I don't want to take him to the emergency room.
I don't know where he got sick from. I do have a slight suspicion of where but it's been over a week since those people were sick. I don't know what they were sick with, just vomitting I guess.

Well I will certainly Pray for him. It is just a flu virus I am sure but don't you know our God heals us from all illness.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

my family just got over this...throwing up was a big part that lasted from 1 to 3 days ....just watch out for dehydration and high fever....if you have either go to the ER immediately....will pray for you and yours.....

randomhit10

Thanks! We are also in GA, what is it that's going around?

I'm having him drink water between pukings. So far the thermometers are just jumping all over the place but haven't reached fever temps. He feels a little warm to me but not too bad.

Hind'sfeet,
I'm in florida and the stomach flu has been going around for the past month.
Both my kids had it....at the same time. My daughter was vomiting through out the whole night, to the point she had nothing left but was dry heaving. It was horrible...she had a low grade temp. My son didn't puke as much but they both couldn't eat anything for a whole day.
Just plenty of fluids and watch the fevers....and prayers. Low grade fevers aren't bad...it just shows that their body is fighting a virus. My ped always says as longs as the fever breaks with tylenol than their fine.

God Bless

hi ...i am in north ga close to gainesville...were you here for the big snow?...lol

it is a form of the flu bug....i had some promethazine which helped the throwing up a lot and tylenol for the fever...the throwing up part only lasted a couple days but then it moved to the lower tract...i have had problems for over a week but my wife and kids only had it for 3 - 4 days....ginger ale seemed to stay down the best of any liquid...as soon as the throwing up slows try gatorade...have him drink small sips steady until he get back hydrated...you can check the bottom of feet and palms of hands for dry skin (much more than normal)...he may look a little off color right now but will return to normal when hydrated...an dremember, this is the fun part of being a parent...right??...lol

stan

Update, he def. has a fever 99.8. I put a cold pack under his head and neck.
It's both vomiting and he seems to have both stomach and lower too...

He's sleeping right now, we only got a few hours of sleep last night.

Angel and Stan, I wish I had some gatorade and ginger ale but I can't leave the house without him. He has been listening to me and drinking water when I tell him to. It makes it easier to throw up too instead of dry heaving only. I'm so glad I got groceries yesterday!! God is so good!!!
I'm afraid to give him the promethazine because I accidently overdosed him last time and his whole body turned RED and he became really weak. Had to take him to the emergency room and they put him on steroids and gave him antihistamines. They were very surprised and said that it's so safe they give it to pregnant women. I thought he had thrown up a pill I gave him and then I gave him another... I know that once you have an allergic reaction to something the chances are that it will be like that no matter how much you give.
I do have tylenol suppositories, I think I do.

So, I guess both our states are going through it, yuck.
His palms seem a little dry.

LOL, yeah, poor kid!

awe poor baby. will definitly keep your little guy in my prayers. My kids love when I give them ice chips when their sick...escpecially when their vomiting so much.

I didn't think of ice chips. My mom used to give me ice cubes to suck on too. He hasn't thrown up in a least an hour or so and has had several oz of water.

Thank you :)

My son hasn't thrown up since he got up from his nap around 5. He's kept
his water down, he ate some lentil soup and some noodles. Thank you
Father for taking care of us!!

Thank you guys for praying for my
son