An Elevator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Elevator

Post by Cholette on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:43 pm

I don't know where I read this (I thought I read it on the site for symbols here, but I don't know for sure), but stairs can represent direction. If we are going down or up, that may represent the direction one is taking in their life. Is that correct?

The reason why I am asking is, I had a dream about an elevator. The elevator was going "down", but I floated to the top inside of the elevator. There was a lady who was trying to get me to come down, but I was light like a balloon with helium. If the symbolic meaning of stairs means the direction one is going in their life...could the elevator mean the same thing? nerd

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Elevator

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:27 pm

how did you feel when you floated to the top?

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 pm

I knew I would be asked that hmmm...the only thing I can remember is that it felt strange...I remember looking down at my feet dangling in the air. I was bent over with my back against the ceiling and it was like it was a weird feeling because the elevator was going down and I was at the top.

Not sure if that makes sense, but the felling of being happy or fearful isn't clear.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:48 pm

Sometimes an elevator places you with a group of people. Daphanie had a dream about being in an elevator with all married couples right before she was married.

In this case, WHO was in the elevator with you and how did you feel about that person?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:59 am

There was one person...a woman. It seemed as if ahe was trying to get me to come down.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:49 am

How did you feel about that woman?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am

Vaguely I remember wondering why she was trying to pull me down by my foot. It seemed as if she couldn't reach me to pull me down.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:32 am

Right but that is not exactly a feeling. It's a thought.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03 am

I know for sure there wasn't any fear. Maybe if there was a way to describe it, I would say calm...comfortable...some form of commonality.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm

hmm is there someone close to you that doesnt like where you're at right now? Are you being contrary in some way to what someone else thinks you should be doing? elevators can represent levels of relationships, finances, the list goes on....

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Daph...I have SO MANY "haters" in my life right now that it is shameful. That woman could represent so many different people...that's sad. Lately I've had this feeling where some of my closets friends are smiling in my face, but are not really in my corner. This may be the same person I had a dream about who I was in a car with and they leaned over to kiss me, but they bit chuncks of my face off...who knows.

I need to get into some deep prayer this season. My dreams lately have been telling me some serious things. Thank God for revealing it to me...I'm SO GRATEFUL!!!!!

Thanks Mia and Daph...I believe I have the answer I needed. At least I know that elevators represent levels of dfferent things. laugh

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Yes, but they don't just represent levels. Not likely in this case, but if you are in an elevator with a group of people looking at the other people is a clue to what the dream means. Sometimes an elevator can represent an upcoming period of your life also. If the elevator ride is crazy then you might face a crazy period of life. If, in your case you are flying high and someone tries to pull you down....... it could mean that. Or it could mean, since you felt no animosity or discomfort by the person's presence it could mean that they are trying to help you to be grounded.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:37 pm

ooh thats good Mia

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks, Daph.

Just remember y'all that the symbols will not be accurate if they don't match with the emotions in the dream.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 am

Hmmm...thanks Mia. That was an eye opener for me. So does it matter what direction the elevator is going? It was going down. Since my dreams lately have not been as encouraging as they have been in the past, I immediately focused on the direction of the elevator instead of what was taking place INSIDE the elevator.

I will make sure I focus more on the way I feel in the dreams...that is something I haven't done in the past which is why I struggled with locating my emotions in this dream.

Thanks again

huggins

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 am

Sometimes it certainly does matter which way the elevator is going but the first thing that I am trying to teach people is to identify your feelings. Many times dreams can be so symbolic that you can throw out the entire dream and just keep the emotions in it and it can be revelation enough of what God is showing you. When you learn to do that in dreams, then you can begin to learn to do that in waking life as well.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:02 pm

since we're on the subject:
I had a dream about being in an elevator with fellow coworkers (from my other job) and we went up. They all were encouraging me to "meet up with someone". When I got off the elevator it was my ex (who resembled someone else) saying that "he wanted to marry me" (he had a plastic engagement box) in his hand. My back was up against the elevator door and I was overwhelmed of the information.

To make a long story short, this dream was an old dream and I've gotten many responses to what the dream couldve meant--but that dream couldve been prophetic to the overwhelming information that I've recently received about my ex and the state of his marriage possibly!

Sorry cholette...didn't mean to take the spotlight (it was your question)!lol...by the way, love the avatar!

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 am

i think that dispite things going down,regardless youll rise above them ,over your circumstances..is there someone in your job/ministry tryin to hold u bak??? bandaid :banghead: :hitme: :scream: bubblegum

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daughterofgod1023 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:06 am

my pastor just preached a sermon on this a few weeks ago. It is were you are with the Lord spiritually. It is the different levels that you step up too. An elevator going down would represent to me, there is something that God is trying to take you back to, to learn in depth of His meaning.

Like, a doubting heart, a discerment that needs to be brought to light...etc.. Ya, know? Since there wasn't any fear that is what is standing out to me....

Somewhere you have been but didn't get the full picture of when you were there before. The Holy Spirit will bring things to your rememberance....so, I would think that He's trying to take you indepth of something in His word.....

daughterofgod1023

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 am

WOW!!!!!!!! I'm in awe of all of you. Thanks for resurrecting this for me.

Dreamie...yes, someone in the ministry/job had been trying to hold me back, but as of a couple of days ago that thing CEASED!! What they intended for me actually happened to them...THE LORD IS GOOOOD!!!!

Daughter of God...YES!! Just reading your reply reminded me that the last couple of months I've had to revisit some things in my life and RE-learn some lessons and I saw some things I missed before.

THANK YA EVERYBODY!!!!! praiseGod

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daughterofgod1023 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 am

I am glad that something that I could say could be of help to you...God took me back this year and took me through some things I thought at that moment would tear me apart, however, as I came out of them i realized He was up rooting the pain once and for all...also, He has went back and taught me things I seriously needed to know to further my walk with Him..

I can stand square on me feet and state I AM BLESSED AND I KNOW IT!!!

I just had to allow Him to work in me to make me the way I should be...

God said that thing that was meant for your evil would be turned for your good.......He is on your side, so don't let anything ever take that from you....because some people will try to and sometimes, if we are not careful, doubting God can cause us to lose that focus that we as christians so desperately need....

Just hold the Master's hand and He will walk you through.......I feel like speaking blessings over everyone today......My God, I love everyone......do u all feel the love......? huggins

daughterofgod1023

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 am

I feel the love Daughter of God...I feel the love.

Your words hit home for home...so accurate and so timely!!!

Blessings to you!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top