Seer or Prophet annointing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seer or Prophet annointing?

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 am

I am asking the question whether the following two dreams would confirm a "Prophet's" calling upon me as opposed to a "seer." A seer may just have dreams and visions but a prophet and fullfilling the office of the prophet within the church would carry with it more responsibility and interactions with the Holy Spirit, and a lot of other things. I have already posted the second dream on the dream interpretation board (last spring) but I need to include it here to help show the whole picture. I'm trying to understand what is the Lord wants me to do in his Kingdom.

.........When I was 5 years old I had ear (tube) surgery, and while I was "under" I had a dream in which I saw myself lying there on the operating table and the doctors and nurses around me, all the people in the room. My dream was more literal as to what was actually happing with me, rather than symbolic (like many prophetic type dreams are). At the head of the operating table I saw a man with curly brown hair dressed in a white toga looking garment. In his arms he held a baby (Jesus) and told me that Jesus was going to watch over me for my whole life. When I woke up in recovery I immediately began to tell my mother about the dream I had and how real it was, like it had actually happened, how Gabriel had spoken to me etc.

Two years later (not a dream but an actual experience) there was an altar call at church on Easter Sunday to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. I felt the Holy Spirit leading me up there, but didn't go because of fear or something. So when I got home that afternoon I told my dad I wanted to receive Jesus as my Savior. He talked it over with me, made sure I knew what this meant. He read Romans 10:9 to me which says "If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." So I confessed Jesus as Lord and my father began to pray with me, or pray over me. As we were praying I felt this supernatural warmth come over me that started at the top of my head and went to my feet. To this day I have been trying to figure out what that warmth was. I've heard about it, when people get healed, they feel this warmth come into them. For me, on that day, I know when I received that warmth I felt extremely joyful and cried because I was so happy. I had never felt anything like what I felt at that moment, and have not since. I recently heard a testimony about a woman with a Prophetic annointing, and how she'd felt this warmth come over her during a church service. She was praying. Someone else in the church saw in the spiritual realm an angel pour annointing oil over her head and that is where it came from. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

2nd Dream.......... (Spring 2009)......... I dreamed of this very tall, eight sided "White building" with a domed roof. It was surrounded by green hedges and was in a green grassy area.... The building had windows from floor to ceiling all the way around.... It did not have any doors at all.... Inside the building near the front window my daughter stood and passed through the glass window to the outside....... I stood nearby arranging tall "Stone" (grey) statues that I sensed did not belong in the building... these statues were at least a few feet taller than me... as I looked toward the center of the room I saw on a raised platform, a very large executive desk... and I looked above this desk, up towards the dome to see animal like objects suspended from that dome... I could barely make them out. I cannot tell you what they were except for one... Right in the middle of them all was this Eagle....... now he had to be about 8 feet across, facing to the left, I think... I noticed his colors of brown and white, with the yellow beak and all. And as I gazed upon him I noticed that the underneath side of it was unpainted, unfinished, molded metal. I have been given several interpretations of this dream, and many say it indicates that I am being called to the Office of the Prophet.

I guess I want to know if being spoken to by the Angel Gabriel in a dream, concerning the Lords watching over my life fits the Numbers 12:6 definition of a prophet. For it wasn't the Lord who spoke to me himself, but an angel.......

Could this warmth I felt come over my head when I got saved have been some type of supernatural "annointing oil"... (annointed as a prophet?)

If an Eagle is the symbol of a prophet, and according to Paula Price Prophet's dictionary, the color green is also indicative of a prophet, the eagle was suspended above a desk like you would find in an office (office of the prophet?)... What was this White, eight sided, domed building... representing?

Am I just a seer, or am I a prophet of the most High God?

I am 36 years old... its taken me most of my life to begin to understand God's calling on my life and I'm trying to understand it by reading books on what it means to be a prophet. I've begun attending classes on being a prophet. But it seems like theres still a lot to learn and I feel overwhelmed by it.

We're living in the last days, and the Lord is calling on his chosen prophets to rise up and serve him. I almost feel as if there isn't enough time to learn everything I need to learn to effectively serve him in this area... but it must be possible because he's still giving me dreams. And even now he's beginning to give me dreams about other people and the condition of their inner man, as if he's showing me specific areas that I ought to pray for them

I've repeatedly asked for the gift of intercession, but always feel that I do not pray consistently enough as I ought to.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seer or Prophet annointing?

Post by jwhita on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Victorious. This is just my impression from life and expierience, but the people I've met that really seemed to hold the "office" were people who just walked in the gift for a long time and eventually as they grew it was recognized. I've met a lot of people that tried to move in that authority but it just wasn't there. It reminds me of what Jesus said, about leaders being the servants of all. So my advice would be to seek God and seek to serve, and with time your calling will be manifested.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenlyBlack on Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 pm

I'd like to comment on your experience of having fire go through you from head to toe and feeling deep joy and peace afterward. The exact same thing happened to me when I was 18. I don't know what it was, and you could say it was fire baptism or something, but the Bible doesn't speak about that as a separate experience, so... all I really can say is that the sensation of a stiff wind came through the room's window and I felt an electric kind of warmth push its way through my body from head to toe. After that I felt such deep joy, love, and peace, and everything was so beautiful to me. It went away when I got into an argument with one of my parents though XD. It may be wrong or irrelevant to mention this, but I looked at a horoscope later (don't ask >.>) and it said something about allowing more spirit and creativity in my life. Nowadays I'm feeling led to start a metal band and while it scares the crap outta me to think of because of my PTSD, that experience may have been my anointing for that path.

About Numbers 12:6, I would imagine that even though it was an angel who appeared to you, you must remember that if that experience was true and holy (which you consider it to be,) then that angel was actually speaking FOR Jehovah. So heed it I'd say.

I dreamed of this very tall, eight sided "White building" with a domed
roof. It was surrounded by green hedges and was in a green grassy
area.... The building had windows from floor to ceiling all the way
around.... It did not have any doors at all.... Inside the building near
the front window my daughter stood and passed through the glass window
to the outside....... I stood nearby arranging tall "Stone" (grey)
statues that I sensed did not belong in the building... these statues
were at least a few feet taller than me... as I looked toward the center
of the room I saw on a raised platform, a very large executive desk...
and I looked above this desk, up towards the dome to see animal like
objects suspended from that dome... I could barely make them out. I
cannot tell you what they were except for one... Right in the middle of
them all was this Eagle....... now he had to be about 8 feet across,
facing to the left, I think... I noticed his colors of brown and white,
with the yellow beak and all. And as I gazed upon him I noticed that the
underneath side of it was unpainted, unfinished, molded metal. I have
been given several interpretations of this dream, and many say it
indicates that I am being called to the Office of the Prophet.

I would tend to agree with them. I haven't taken the test on here, so you know, but eight is the number of new beginnings. The height, color, and design of the building seem certainly governmental, plus the glass and the realistic coloring of the eagle seem to represent clarity. The eagle represents freedom and spiritual maturity, and reminds me of a president as well. Eight feet across may represent breadth, or fullness. IMO, with the raised platform reminding me of an altar/stage at a church, and a rich-looking executive desk, the eagle over presiding over you... you do seem to have an office in the church as someone who is wise and guides, MAYBE a prophet. The backside of the eagle being unfinished misshapen metal represents your past, or you now after you enter this office, and the presidential feel reminds me of being forty years old, because that is how old a president has to be to enter office in the United States. Imagine yourself sitting at the dream's desk, your perspective and the eagle's unfinished backside being "behind" you. The rest of the animals above you may represent different aspects of your ministry that have yet to be revealed to you. The stone statues, being "bigger than you" and out of place, may represent certain idols in your life that you can't handle, and that you are not heavily involved in them but keep fiddling with them. Your daughter stepping out is strange though, and the lack of doors may mean that the way you enter this office is not what you would expect. The grassiness and green seems to represent what is natural for you, and the color symbolism: white is holiness and purity, brown is mankind on earth, a yellow beak seems to represent you speaking purifying/glorifying words.

That's all I can really say, but I hope I helped.

Last edited by HeavenlyBlack on Sun May 02, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info to avoid double post.)

HeavenlyBlack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

different interpretation

Post by Jodi on Thu May 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi, Victorious. I sometimes also feel that I do not pray consistently enough. Try setting aside a specific time for prayer and considering it a date with Him - spending time enjoying each other's presence and talking.

Your attention was called to the fact that this is a man-made eagle because you noticed that "the underneath side of it was unpainted, unfinished, molded metal." The suspended statue animals are more like graven images than real animals, so the man-made metal eagle overhanging the desk wouldn't seem to represent the office of prophecy to me. I'm not saying you are not called to be a prophet or a seer, but I think this dream is a lesson about the prophetic more than a dream establishing you into the office of prophet. He might be showing you the difference between the real thing and man-made prophecy so you can recognize the difference. When you gain a fuller understanding of this dream, you might learn an important truth He wants you to know about His kind of prophecy.

I had a famous prophet announce that I was a "powerful seer" and that the enemy was "massively threatened" by me. I liked the sound of that! And I started to get into the idea. But then I stopped hearing/ seeing from God at all. Another seer in our church said she saw the enemy's hands over my eyes. I prayed for God to remove the enemy's hands. Still no dreams or visions. This went on for awhile until I realized that it was actually God's hands over my eyes! It was His way of showing me that I was not the one with power - He is! I won't see anything unless He chooses to show me it. It was as if He were asking me "Who has the power?" The power is His and the glory for the power is His. Thankfully, the removal of dreams and visions was temporary to teach me this lesson. I'm not sure what specific lesson He is teaching you with your dream, but I do know that He will instruct us about how to view and value His giftings so that we stay focused on Him instead of the gifts. It's so easy to love the gifts and He wants us to love the gifts, just not so much that we get sidetracked by them. (I'm not saying you are - I'm talking about what He taught me. His lesson for you will be understood as the dream's meaning gets revealed to you.)

The gift of seeing and the gift of prophecy are intertwined. A seer doesn't just see - s/he can also hear from God. God will sometimes give the visual and the meaning for it simultaneously. He has given another seer in our church a dreaming vision which He used like an analogy for what He wanted to teach our fellowship. He spoke to her in the dream too, so that when she told us what He showed her, she also told us what He said. God gave this powerful message about not idolizing certain things and being willing to lay them at His feet and used a seer to help our part of the Body mature. God has used dreams to show me how to pray specifically for other people so that I could interceded over issues I would have no way of knowing about except that He showed it to me - in a dream or a dreaming vision. He'll use a seer to intercede for others.

So, if God is leading you to be a prophetic person for your church, He can do that by giving Words and He can do that by giving Visuals (dreams and visions) with Words. Either way, the Holy Spirit is interacting with the prophetic person. So the prophetic hearer doesn't nessessarily have more interaction with Him than the prophetic seer does. If you are a prophetic seer rather than a prophetic hearer, it isn't less of a gift to you or to the church. Don't worry about if it's an Office or a gift because which ever one it is, it is God's doing. It won't be what you do for the church so much as it will be what He does for His church through you. It's mostly about interacting/ communing with Him. Stay in His presence just to love on Him. If there are messages for the church - fine. If there are only messages for you personally and those close to you - also fine. The God of the universe knows who you are and is talking with you!!!!! Yay, God!!!!! Let the love of that sink in.

My first impression of the white octagonal building = the White House. The eagle can represent America too. The office might refer to the President. Maybe He is also using the dream's symbols to show you how to pray for the country or for the president. I have not completed the test yet - I've only responded to 6 of the 12.

Last edited by Jodi on Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the last sentence.)

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri May 07, 2010 4:38 am

If you have dreams and visions then you have a prophetic calling on your life. Like what has been mentioned, a seer or a person who does intercession or dreams or prophecies has the prophetic calling on their life. All of these are the functions of the prophetic calling. Because we operate in these giftings does not make us a prophet per say. What is a prophet? A prophet is one who proclaims the Word of the Lord for the future telling of things to come. There are also one who preaches, teaches, and exhorts the body of Christ. In order to do this one must here from the Father. How do we here from the Father? Through our prayer, praise, dreams, etc. Ask the Lord if he has called you to be a prophet. I think you will find your answer through prayer. May God bless you and keep you.

Love in
Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

T

Post by Nancy127 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:42 pm

T

Last edited by Nancy127 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Nancy127

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 am

A seer has just as much a prophetic gift as a "prophet", the difference between the two is not whether the person has the prophetic gifting - they both do. A seer can be a prophet but a prophet may not necessarily be a seer.

A seer gets revelation through dreams, visions, and other visual messaging. Non-seer prophets may get an occassional dream or vision but the main avenue through which they receive messages from the Spirit are generally not visual.

A "Prophet" is given the label of a prophet based on their track record of authentic revelation from God.

Revelation for a non seeing prophet would not come in the form of visual images. To be a Seer your main source of revelation from God would be through visual images.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:04 am

I had a friend tell me once that I was a seer. At the time I had never heard of that term "seer". And I wonder why most churches don't use that term.

Do you have any biblical teachings posted on seer's and prophets?
I guess I can look myself...

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am

http://www.heartsongministry.com/prophecy_what_is_a_prophet.html

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 am

ah...thank you.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:44 pm

There's two terms--types of prophets- a nabbi is one who receives revelation by hearing and a seer is one who receives by seeing. I only began seeing outside of dreams just this year during exercises in a class setting. My biggest obstical right now is to learn symbol recognition to correctly prophesy. it would seem that the nabi have it easier than seers.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Dear Victoriouspalmbranch
Peace be with you.
If God gives you an "office" it will sooner or later be shown.
But we have to be faithful on the little,what ever is or work in the Lord right know,let's do it faithfully.In God loves all his children.Evry gift and task is important in the Body of Christ,even the "smallest" or "less important ones".
We have to grow.Apostle Paul didn't start as an apostle right away,but gradually step by step.

May God bless you.
Flower Power

Last edited by ditte3 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John the prophet on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:09 am

Victorious if you see this post Since my last has dissapeared then email me. I can shed some light on your situation but I must speak with you. It appears I can not post emails yet . Post me yours and I will contact you.

John the prophet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi victoriouspalmbranch -

Should you decide to contact John the prophet, please use extreme caution. The level of persistence being used to connect with you is a bit uncomfortable especially given that his first post to the site was to let you know that he has a word for you and he left his phone # and his 2nd post to the site is to persuade you to contact him directly. In the age of unfortunate things occurring as a result of these cyber connections, I would advise you to not contact John the prophet directly.

John the prophet, if you have a word that you would like to share with vpb, please use the Personal Prophecy page of the website to post your prophecy.

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/f7-personal-prophecy

This will allow you to share what you believe the Lord is showing you, allow vpb the ability to receive your prophecy yet maintain privacy, and it gives the ability to test your fruit. This is the more appropriate way to share a prophetic word within this ministry community rather then attempt to connect with a member directly. To be clear, please do not attempt to contact members directly nor have them contact you directly.

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact me.

Last edited by lola21st on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the URL for personal prophecy and added info)

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 am

I realize that this was a while ago but Victorious wrote the following and I wanted to answer this for whoever reads it in the future:

My biggest obstical right now is to learn symbol recognition to correctly prophesy. it would seem that the nabi have it easier than seers.

Neither the prophet or the seer necessarily have to know what their messages mean. Sometimes they just have to faithfully tell them. Think of the visions in the bible that the Seer had no interpretation for but the prophesied them anyway. Sometimes the Lord will have a person give a prophetic message that the prophet doesn't understand and they don't need to, the person it was meant for will.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top