Behold The Lamb (Communion Hymn)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Behold The Lamb (Communion Hymn)

Post by Paul RT on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am

I was doing my current job – seeing clients. I interviewed three clients who came to my office one after the other without an appointment. I rescheduled the third one to the next day at 2pm, saying that I hadn’t written up my case notes from the first two interviews yet.

In the background I could hear the following hymn by Behold The Lamb (Communion Hymn) by Keith and Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend:
“Behold the Lamb who bears our sins away, slain for us and we remember the promise made that all who come in faith find forgiveness at the cross. So we share in this bread of life, and we drink of His sacrifice as a sign of our bonds of peace around the table of the King. The body of our Savior Jesus Christ, torn for you- eats and remember the wounds that heal, the death that brings us life paid the price to make us one. So we share in this bread of life, and we drink of His sacrifice as a sign of our bonds of love around the table of the King. 
 The blood that cleanses every stain of sin, shed for you- drink and remember He drained death’s cup that all may enter in to receive the life of God. So we share in this bread of life, and we drink of His sacrifice as a sign of our bonds of grace around the table of the King. 
 and so with thankfulness and faith we rise to respond and to remember our call to follow in the steps of Christ as His body here on earth. As we share in His suffering, we proclaim Christ will come again! And we’ll join in the feast of heaven around the table of the King. As we share in His suffering, we proclaim Christ will come again! And we’ll join in the feast of heaven around the table of the King.” (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvX9Fa53-o)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When dreamers dream - oh how gr8 is God!

Post by karen on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm

RT did you have any thoughts and feelings? Whilst you were doing your job? Any more you can tell us?

I have some thoughts and feelings, that I am truly excited to share with you. I am not yet a dream interpretor, so take it all with prayerful consideration.

First off, from the amplified Bible, can I furnish you with some case notes?

Karen

27Stop toiling and doing and producing for the food that perishes and decomposes [in the using], but strive and work and produce rather for the [lasting] food which endures [continually] unto life eternal; the Son of Man will give (furnish) you that, for God the Father has authorized and certified Him and put His seal of endorsement upon Him.
28They then said, What are we to do, that we may [habitually] be working the works of God? [What are we to do to carry out what God requires?]
29Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].
30Therefore they said to Him, What sign (miracle, wonderwork) will [c]You perform then, so that we may see it and believe and rely on and adhere to You? What [supernatural] work have You [to show what You can do]?
31Our forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as the Scripture says, He gave them bread out of heaven to eat.(C)
32Jesus then said to them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Moses did not give you the Bread from heaven [what Moses gave you was not the Bread from heaven], but it is My Father Who gives you the true heavenly Bread.
33For the Bread of God is He Who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.
34Then they said to Him, Lord, give us this bread always (all the time)!
35Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time).
36But [as] I told you, although you have seen Me, still you do not believe and trust and have faith.
37All whom My Father gives (entrusts) to Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, no never, reject one of them who comes to Me].
38For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent Me.
39And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day.
40For this is My Father's will and His purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.
41Now the Jews murmured and found fault with and grumbled about Jesus because He said, I am [Myself] the Bread that came down from heaven.
42They kept asking, Is not this Jesus, the [d]Son of Joseph, Whose father and mother we know? How then can He say, I have come down from heaven?
43So Jesus answered them, Stop grumbling and saying things against Me to one another.
44No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.
45It is written in [the book of] the Prophets, And they shall all be taught of God [have Him in person for their Teacher]. Everyone who has listened to and learned from the Father comes to Me--(D)
46Which does not imply that anyone has seen the Father [not that anyone has ever seen Him] except He [Who was with the Father] Who comes from God; He [alone] has seen the Father.
47I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, he who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me] has (now possesses) eternal life.
48I am the Bread of Life [that gives life--the Living Bread].
49Your forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and [yet] they died.
50[But] this is the Bread that comes down from heaven, so that [any]one may eat of it and never die.
51I [Myself] am this Living Bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever; and also the Bread that I shall give for the life of the world is My flesh (body).
52Then the Jews angrily contended with one another, saying, How is He able to give us His flesh to eat?
53And Jesus said to them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, you cannot have any life in you unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood [unless you appropriate His life and the saving merit of His blood].
54He who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood has (possesses now) eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.
55For My flesh is true and genuine food, and My blood is true and genuine drink.
56He who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood dwells continually in Me, and I [in like manner dwell continually] in him.
57Just as the living Father sent Me and I live by (through, because of) the Father, even so whoever continues to feed on Me [whoever takes Me for his food and is nourished by Me] shall [in his turn] live through and because of Me.
58This is the Bread that came down from heaven. It is not like the manna which our forefathers ate, and yet died; he who takes this Bread for his food shall live forever.
59He said these things in a synagogue while He was teaching at Capernaum.
60When His disciples heard this, many of them said, This is a hard and difficult and strange saying (an offensive and unbearable message). Who can stand to hear it? [Who can be expected to listen to such teaching?]
61But Jesus, knowing within Himself that His disciples were complaining and protesting and grumbling about it, said to them: Is this a stumbling block and an offense to you? [Does this upset and displease and shock and scandalize you?]
62What then [will be your reaction] if you should see the Son of Man ascending to [the place] where He was before?
63It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life.
64But [still] some of you fail to believe and trust and have faith. For Jesus knew from the first who did not believe and had no faith and who would betray Him and be false to Him.
65And He said, This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him [unless he is enabled to do so] by the Father.
66After this, many of His disciples drew back (returned to their old associations) and no longer accompanied Him.
67Jesus said to the Twelve, Will you also go away? [And do you too desire to leave Me?]
68Simon Peter answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.
69And we have learned to believe and trust, and [more] we have come to know [surely] that You are the Holy One of God, the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of the living God.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Behold The Lamb (Communion Hymn)

Post by unaday* on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Paul first of all BEAUTIFUL SONG! I just listened to it...wow.
Question- are you seeking more revelation of the Godhead?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Karen and Unaday
I think the dream is most likely a blend of two things happening in my life right now.
Firstly, my paid profession involves career counselling of long term unemployed people with severe barriers to employment, including health issues, drug dependency, homelessness etc. I have a job interview for an internal promotion in my present company on Thursday morning, and am looking for some guidance from God. If I win the promotion I will be spending less time with the clients and more time in managerial duties.
Secondly, I have just changed churches. This last Sunday the church celebrated the Lord's supper, and the song I heard in the dream was one from that service. It would be helpful if God confirmed the decision to change churches, as it is a big decision, considering my wife continues to act in the role of Church Secretary at my previous place of worship.
I'll need some time to digest the long Bible quote Karen, so I'll need to get back to you on that one.
Blessings
Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 am

Hi Karen
Your Bible passage speaks to me about staying the course and being faithful even against objections from those close to me.
The decision to change churches was a painful one for me, and this brought some embarrassment to my wife as she continues in her important ministry at my former church. However I believe I have received multiple confirmations (including in dreams I've had over the past two years) that this is what He wants. I am now determined to proceed in this direction until I hear otherwise from reliable sources
In His service
Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top