Dream: 16 weeks, pregnancy, washing machine (LONG MESSAGE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream: 16 weeks, pregnancy, washing machine (LONG MESSAGE)

Post by youngbird on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi all,

This is my first time using this site/board. My mom made a post about this dream, but I wanted to repost and give a little more detail.

The dream:
Today my mother told me she had a dream that I told her that a doctor told me I was about 16 weeks pregnant. When she asked me what I was going to do, I jokingly/sarcastically told her I was going to put it in the washing machine. She walked away and looked up in the sky to God and said "God, I'm never going to have any grandchildren." She had the dream two weeks ago but just decided to tell me today.

Context:

I've gone over some of interpration tools on the website and wanted to provide some guidance/context for those who are willing to help me interpret the dream:

The site says that a baby (re: the pregnancy) can represent something that is taking up your time/energy/weighing on your mind. The central thing that has been weighing on my mind for a while now (for almost a year), is my relationship with my ex-boyfriend. We've been on and off for the past year and I've been seeking God consistently and diligently about what he wants me to do. I have been seeking him on this issue and it has been on the center of my mind.

Roughly 16 weeks ago two things happened. My ex called one night and asked me how i felt about him. If I loved him enough to stick through everything that has happened between is and that he was going to make some changes and wanted to know I was going to be there because he wanted to marry me. This was very surprising for me. A week or so afte that, I was still frustrated with our situation and feeling worn down, I sent him a long email expressing my feelings and ending our relationship. He responded by calling and showing up at my door, asking me to stay with him and that he wanted us to start over. Since then we have struggled to make things work between us. We still talk and see each other but we are not in a relationship.

Lastly, two days ago a woman started talking to me in a restaurant and towards the end of the conversation, she handed me a program from her church. The first thing i see when i look at the program is the text of Habakkuk 2:3 in big print. This has been a verse that has impt meaning for me I think. I first came across the verse this summer when I was praying and seeking gudiance from god regarding this situation and wrote it down. Around the same time, my mom gave me the same scripture not knowing that it had already been on my mind. I associate this verse with my rship with my ex, but prayed after it was given to me for god to show me what exactly the vision/promise ive been waiting for is, in case its something totally different. Also, my recent prayers have been asking God that if the relationship is what he wants, for him to renew it and rebuild and give it a new foundation or that if it is not what he wants, to make sure that it finally ends and im able to walk away.

My heart is open to receive the interpretations that you guys give. It may have nothing to do with my relationship issues, but that has been the most pressing thing on my mind recently so I thought id give that context. If the dream l doesnt have anything to do with him and could have to do with something completely different, I definitely want to know. I worry some that I may just want it to be about him when its not at all. Please let me know.

I'm sorry for the length of my msg but i thought the more context i was able to give, the better.

Thank you for reading this. I really appreciate it.

youngbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream: 16 weeks, pregnancy, washing machine (LONG MESSAGE)

Post by youngbird on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Also, I'm not pregnant. And if the dream isnt literal, i cant make sense of my mom's dissapointment and her thinking she's not going to have any grandchildren.

youngbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 pm

How does your mother feel about your relationship IRL (in real life)?

P.S. Please don't read my signature at the bottom of my post.... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by youngbird on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 pm

She generally likes him but knows there are alot of things he needs to fix/work on.

P.S. I completely ignored ur signature:)

youngbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Perhaps she's concerned about the time you've invested thus far in the relationship and the amount of time that will be needed to restore/transform the relationship?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by youngbird on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 pm

thank you. does anyone else have any thoughts?

youngbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top