Driving Backwards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Driving Backwards

Post by lola21st on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 am

I vaguely remember the first part of this dream...something about being at an event but there was something odd about it (e.g., at a dinner but no food...not saying this was actually the dream thought it could've been...just using this as an example)...

In the next scene, my younger son and I are walking towards our car and the car is on although it's off - the engine is on and it is shaking (not violently, just like one in need of oil or brakework) but I've not started the car. I unlock the door and (officially) start the car and back out of the parking spot and continue driving backwards. I wasn't concerned about it until I was driving down a San Francisco hill (very steep inclines) and the road was wet. There was a traffic light at the bottom of the hill and I was concerned that the car brakes might give out. While the brakes were soft, I was able to slow down going down the hill and fortunately the traffic light was green by the time I got to the bottom of the hill. I drove through the intersection which led to the highway and drove onto the on ramp of the highway. End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Driving Backwards

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:50 am

When Daphanie dreams of driving backwards the message is that she is doing the right thing but going about it the wrong way. Is there something with your younger son that concerns you relating to how you are handling it and/or maybe a lack of control you have over the situation?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 am

Actually, I think that it's sometimes hard to stay in control when everything in the situation would suggest that you shouldn't be in control, you should be losing it.... lol! In the dream, even though the brakes were soft and the road wet, I still felt in control though I was concerned, I knew how to navigate the car so that I could go through the intersection with a green light rather than risk going through a red light because I couldn't stop (go with the flow, so to speak). And fortunately, I did reach my destination which was the highway...

On a serious note, the Lord was giving me a 'heads up' for today.... bandaid ...it was one of those days where I had ten thousand things to accomplish in one day and nothing was going right (which ties to the sense of busyness/lots of activity but everything was out of order that I felt but couldn't really remember the particulars of in the first part of the dream and couldn't describe)...my younger son is a Cub Scout and there was a special recognition at church this morning for his pack. I couldn't find his uniform cap (fortunately someone had a backup one that he was able to borrow). When they were being presented with the badges, the team presenting had a noticeably hard time unfastening the badges from the packaging. My son's badge was fastened upside down. And, of course, four rambunctious 6yr olds, who don't have a long attention span and are friends, start making faces at one another in front of the church as this is going on and during the prayer for them. I went from proud mom to "I do not know that child, just because we entered the church at the same time and sat down next to each other doesn't automatically mean we're connected!" to "You wait until we get home, we'll see what kind of faces you'll be making then!" lol!

I also know why I was driving down the hill vs up a hill...because 'everything went downhill from there'... rofl rofl lol! We were on a 'slippery slope'! rofl lol! laugh Ok sorry, back to the manifestation....long story short in the dream I remember feeling things were out of order...well, the thing that was out of order today was my son! duh He managed to rip holes through not one but two window screens and, while he was taking a shower, he poured a brand new bottle of shampoo down the shower drain...the WHOLE bottle! I guess he was trying to go for a bubble shower rather than the bubble baths he usually takes?

At that point, I came incredibly close to losing it but stayed in control. I told him to rinse, get out of the shower, get dressed and then go to his room. That gave me time to pray for the Holy Spirit to protect him from me...just kidding...lol!.....I prayed for wisdom and a peaceful spirit asap, aka Divine intervention. And He was faithful to provide it! I remembered that yesterday I had bought a couple of video games for him and thought this might serve as a good lesson for him to not put himself in a position where his misbehavior causes him to lose out on unknown blessings that were meant for him. So I sat him down to give him a chance to explain why he thought pouring a whole bottle of shampoo down the drain would be an ok thing to do. I explained that between the windows and the shampoo that his misbehavior not only made me disappointed that he was making bad choices but they were also causing me to spend money on things I hadn't planned to spend money on. And since money doesn't grow on trees....that's when I pulled out the brand new videos...I was going to have to take the videos back to the store and use the money to fix the screens and buy a new shampoo. You should've seen the look on his face. From "Oh, cool!" to "Aw, man!" in a matter of seconds.

I'm hopeful that he learned a valuable lesson, he's not usually so mischievous....anyway, I think this day is what the dream was about.... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 pm

"Something just doesn't seem right" about your situation, is what came to me.

Whenever I dream of "going backwards" it seems literal to me (either something from my past) or not going in the direction I desire to be (off course a little). Has your life been kind of crazy lately but you've still managed to be in control?

Maybe you've already answered this :) just my thoughts so pray

Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Has your life been kind of crazy lately but you've still managed to be in control?

tornado tornado
Yes, this has been my life for the last five months or so due to a work project that will wind down soon. While I think it could apply to life in general, I do think it specifically related to the experience with my son that I described above....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I didn't read your manfestation until now (SORRY) but it makes a lot of sense. It all comes together!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm

lol sounds like the manifestation to me.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top