A lesson on hearing His Voice ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A lesson on hearing His Voice ...

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 am

Hello Lovely people of God...
I would really like to learn/practice hearing Gods voice.. Many times i have asked/requested for a "word" inspired by Holy Spirit..something encouraging in times of need. Which i still would like to ask again, because i want to know how can i hear the Lord?
I would like to grow deeper and hear His sweet still voice... or feel it in my Spirit, as what i've read in His Word and others.

I know He speaks to us in many ways..for me its been through dreams. I am diligently seeking to grow deeper in the Lord b/c i love Him and just have a great desire for Him. Praise God! I want to hear from Him myself. and i know He is alwys talking to us.

I would love to hear your experiences in hearing the Lord. I know some see pictures..visions I want to know how you got started? How you seeked the Lord?

For example someone told me she use to practice sitting still for a long time, then she started feeling thoughts and would just write it down.. so she got started like that...

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts.. prayers.. oh and off course " a word from the Lord" :D
Blessings!!

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A lesson on hearing His Voice ...

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:06 pm

~Sister in Christ,

I sit down with the Bible and just read. I ask the Lord to open my understanding. I ask for knowledge and wisdom that i may teach and preach the acceptable day of the Lord and that I may know Him in a greater way. I started reading it cover to cover. One day out of the blue the Lord just opened my understanding in Romans and He walked me through the whole new testament. I had a pen, paper, bible and highlighter ready. I really look forward to those times. They are very encouraging to me because I feel I have something tangible to hold on to when I need it. I feel that it really encourages me to develop a deeper relationship with Him. I hope this is of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:22 pm

I so agree with Connie. Years ago when I had the same desire as you, SisterinChrist, someone in my church told me to do the same thing. They told me that God speaks in line with His word. Knowing God's word will help you discern His voice because He will always speak in accordance to it.

He started speaking to me through the verses I was reading. The scriptures would pop off the page at me and answer specific questions I had and then as I grew in that, I began hearing him more clearly.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Amen, I agree! I have also started to read the Gospels consistently no matter what other part of the Bible that I'm reading....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 am

This morning before I got out of bed I was thinking about doing a thread about how I hear from God. I think I shall.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Please do it would be very helpful... i think it's wonderful for people to share and give insight on how they hear His voice... It's been very helpful and a blessing...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:23 pm

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/mia-s-musings-f27/hearing-from-god-part-one-t7475.htm#40102

There are so many different ways that I have heard His voice that it will take a while to write them all but I will take the time to do it. =)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nancy127 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 pm

I agree with everyone, HE speaks to us through HIS word. There are certain verses HE makes me highlight, the HOLY SPIRIT usually emphasizes some over others. The reason why this happens is because HE wants to make a point in my walking with HIM. It's usally an answer to a situation or question I have for HIM.

As I'm walking closer to HIM, by praying and meditating in HIS word, HE now speaks to my heart alot more. There are times where HE will tell me to read a certain book in the bible and bring it together with other verses.

Also when someone is speaking a word over me, HE will grab my heart and attention to what is being said. It's hard to explain the feeling, but I know it's HIM. Sometimes I get the goosebumps or a shiver on either side of my body. HE uses many ways to grab our attention, just make sure you spend time with HIM so you can listen to what HE is trying to tell you. I found out that it's better when you don't have other things distracting you that will obstruct the full message HE is trying to say to you.

Nancy127

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 am

AMEN.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top