non believers' dreams?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

non believers' dreams?

Post by traveller on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

When someone isn't saved, and he sees things (perhaps visions) and has dreams including symbolic stuff, how do we interpret that? As this person obviously isn't saved yet, how much from God can they be and how to go about interpreting, apart from prayer:)?
Thanks in advance!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: non believers' dreams?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 am

Hi traveler,

I'm guessing back in the OT the pharaoh wasn't saved but he still received divine messages from God in his dreams more than once. Therefore, a message from God will be as easy to interpret for a believer as an unbeliever. God sounds the same no matter who you are. Either you will get a divine interpretation or you won't.

Hope this helps.

Love,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks Mia,
I thought so too, as I've been praying for God to show Himself in my husband's dreams, but then I got that question.. Now my husband has been having some good dreams but I'm not too sure about their meaning. He's getting in on the excitement I'm having about what God's revealing in my dreams.. and the fact he's actually trying to remember his dreams and to share them with me is positive ..(my husband isn't saved yet, but wouldn't it be awesome if God just showed up in one of his dreams, I mean literally..:)
Thanx again..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 pm

I've been praying for God to give my husband dreams too!! My husband tells me he doesn't have dreams, so I've been asking God to give him dreams that he will remember!! LOL, now I'm just waiting and hoping he will tell them to me too.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm

I trully agree with Mia that non-believers also recieve dreams the same way believers do. One simple example, my father called our friends who haven't talked more than two years. So when my dad said hello, this lady was screaming that in hear dream that night she had been speaking to my mom on the phone. So this friend is non-believer but she recieved a dream showing her the future.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

traveller wrote:Thanks Mia,
I thought so too, as I've been praying for God to show Himself in my husband's dreams, but then I got that question.. Now my husband has been having some good dreams but I'm not too sure about their meaning. He's getting in on the excitement I'm having about what God's revealing in my dreams.. and the fact he's actually trying to remember his dreams and to share them with me is positive ..(my husband isn't saved yet, but wouldn't it be awesome if God just showed up in one of his dreams, I mean literally..:)
Thanx again..

Amen!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 am

nubava wrote:I trully agree with Mia that non-believers also recieve dreams the same way believers do. One simple example, my father called our friends who haven't talked more than two years. So when my dad said hello, this lady was screaming that in hear dream that night she had been speaking to my mom on the phone. So this friend is non-believer but she recieved a dream showing her the future.

That's right. I belive God reveals himself to unbelievers in dreams and I would definitely pray for it! There is nothing like meeting Jesus himself to turn you around.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks all for your replies:) I pray a lot for my husband and will continue to do so, including for God to show Himself in his dreams... I know our God is able!!!!!!!
God bless you all!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am

hind'sfeet wrote:I've been praying for God to give my husband dreams too!! My husband tells me he doesn't have dreams, so I've been asking God to give him dreams that he will remember!! LOL, now I'm just waiting and hoping he will tell them to me too.
Hi,
My husband,who is not yet saves says the same.I told him perhaps he does not remember them.I prayed to god for him to have dreams he remembers.

The other thing.
As a non-believer many years ago I had an amazing dream.I did not know the meaning back then,omly much later when I became a christian.

God bless you all.:)

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Experience in real life as well as dreams

Post by karen on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Traveller,

Without doubt, I believe that God speaks to all flesh in dreams. In the Bible did he not only speak to Pharoah, but to Pilate's wife, Nebuchadnezzar and the list goes on?

Before you were saved, did you not have dreams, when you look back, that were drawing you closer to Jesus? Also He speaks through situations, people, creation.

I had many dreams, visions too, and also a 'conversation without words' with Jesus just prior to being saved.

God hears the 'thoughts and intents of our hearts'. Don't you worry, he is speaking to your husband in more ways than one, I am sure.

K

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Traveller, I just wanted to comment on your desire for your husband to receive dreams from God. I have been praying for God to do the same with my husband, he is not YET saved :-)
He was never the type to remember his dreams. He said since he was a teenager he never remembers his dreams.
He says I always have crazy dreams and is amazed at how much I remember about them. but guess what? Now he's having dreams...but he won't share them with me LOL
He says their "out of control and don't make sense". I think he's comparing them to the few dreams I've shared with him. I got a little worried about it, that he wasn't sharing his dream. But God gave me a dream about my husband....basically telling me to stay out of the way because HE was at work. So now I KNOW that God is doing His thing with my husband. And even though he doesn't share them with me.....I know it is God working on him. I may not like it and expect to see it done a certain way...but all I can do is trust God and keep praying for my husband.
I believe if your praying for your husband ...than you can believe too that God is working on him as well.
Keep praying!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Wow Angelwings....How awesome is our God..I just got goosebumps when I was reading your post as God has told me the EXACT same thing about me and my husband: that He ís doing His thing with my husband and for me to stay out of it... Every now and again I tend to want to take it out of His hands..:-)duh...I know that in HIS hands my hubby is much better off!!
Hallelujah...God is SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
And I know He's got a plan and that my husband is getting saved! I only thank God for hubby's salvation now, because I know He's on the job and it's a done deal!!! Amen. Now I'm praying for hubby's ministry and clarity in his giftings as soon as he's saved.. That's why the dreams he's having and remembering(!) are becoming more significant for me. Anyway, i've just started to write them down for him, as he won't just yet, but then I've got them for when he needs them:) And last week he had a dream that I took as a serious call for prayer for one of his colleagues. Did he know.. but I did. Thank the Lord, for He works in amazing ways!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

He is an awesome God!! And same here, now I thank God for my husbands salvation...I know its in the works. How beautiful it is to see the "little" things, that our husbands may brush off, is really God's handy work. I love it! Praise God....I'm so excited now. lol

by the way everyone, my username was Ang but I changed it to Angelwings. Ang just seemed so boring compared to some usernames I've seen.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi all,

just remembered i'd posted this question a while ago, as last month my husband had another dream that was relevant to me.
The thing was, a couple of people in my family and myself had been meeting up for a day of prayer once a week, for revelation and breakthroughs in my family. Then one night before one of our prayer days, my husband wakes up in the middle of the night and says he just dreamed there was a person throwing sand into the air and into peoples eyes..
Next day in our prayer meeting (without hb being there) this came back to mind as it felt we were getting off-track/not focused on the real issues at hand. When I shared hb's dream then it was a warning to us all to not let the enemy throw sand into our eyes and to not get distracted any further, as that's what his plans were/are..
How awesome is our God! He speaks in so many ways! This has been a testimony to report back to my (yet)unsaved hb about the relevance of how God speaks.. I love how He works!!! To be continued, there's more to this:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am

Angelwings wrote: He is an awesome God!! And same here, now I thank God for my husbands salvation...I know its in the works. How beautiful it is to see the "little" things, that our husbands may brush off, is really God's handy work. I love it! Praise God....I'm so excited now. lol

by the way everyone, my username was Ang but I changed it to Angelwings. Ang just seemed so boring compared to some usernames I've seen.

I love the new name. =)

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top