reoccuring dream of large homes, with hidden rooms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

reoccuring dream of large homes, with hidden rooms

Post by Wendy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 pm

I keep having dreams about homes with many rooms, so many rooms I feel I will never find my way around in the home. These homes seem to have unusable stairways...too narrow, lead to nowhere, or are altogether lying unconnected to any other floor. There is also always present, the added element of water IN these homes. Pools and such... in the middle of odd rooms, or surrounding the bed...but in my dream it does not seem out of place. In one of these homes, the ocean tide came right up into the living area.

This last home I was shown... had a home-made pool painted red, in the basement. This particular "home" seemed to be formerly used as something like a "YMCA", but was being shown to me as a "home". There was a curious collection of antiques "left behind" by the former occupants in the pool area. However, just pryor to being led into the basement, I heard the movement of a large volume of water...and as my family and I were led into the "pool" room, the water was draining out.

But before I was shown this last home, I saw a country church on a quiet country road, during beautiful sunlight...what looked to be about 9:00 am. The church was abandoned, but still lovely and built strong...nestled in old growth forest.

After I dreamt of the last home, I saw a night-time tornado in a particular town, but felt like I could watch it safely from my location.

Wendy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reoccuring dream of large homes, with hidden rooms

Post by Mariakitty on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 pm

The different houses you describe almost sound like different seasons of ministry or places of spiritual homes, maybe even literally churches you've attended or will attend. This is almost a blue print; some may have already happened or is yet to unfold:

Sometimes homes can be your ministry/calling (or the church you minister in/attend), and the hidden rooms could be gifts you have that you're either not currently aware of, or not currently walking in, (or weren't aware of or walking in at the time for WHEN this represents) I get the sense this is something in the past...

Unstable stairways could be things that seem like they will take you to higher levels spiritually, but they aren't sound, or maybe they're misleading, (like the stairs leading to nowhere), or of the flesh with its limits (narrow stairs), so be careful of teachings and spiritual things, be sure that they are founded in the word, and truly Holy Spirit inspired, also be careful of ministry opportunities that seem like they are going to elevate you but may be lead nowhere...

Ocean can be the church at large, and so the house where the ocean tide comes right up to the living area might represent a season of ministering in the a Spirit Filled church, or that you're on the edge of that at some point. Like when you're stepping out into ministry, starting to be active in that way.

Water can also represent the flow of the Holy Spirit.

Pools can be places of spiritual refreshing and rest, in the case of the pool around the bed, so a message to be sure to get that rest and refreshing in a spirit-filled community is clearly there.

The last home, (YMCA formerly), had antiques left behind by former occupants in the pool area. YMCA is a place for working out, could represent a ministry or season of working in man's/one's own strength; maybe a church or ministry that doing things in the flesh. It sounds like this season has passed, (or is soon to pass).

The antiques left behind could be old ways of doing things, or even vacant places in a ministry that was more like a ministry of a fleshy nature rather than spirit driven. The fact that the pool was draining out also implies that the maybe that Holy Spirit anointing isn't there any more, or there's no place of community and refreshing in the spirit there anymore.

The beautiful country church that you saw just before this seems to be the most stable of all of the houses, but abandoned. Maybe this is a warning to be looking for your spiritual home somewhere established (old growth forest), sturdy, in the light.

Just a few thoughts...

God Bless!!

Last edited by Mariakitty on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : corret sp)

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Mariakitty, thank you for making the time to consider my dreams. Your suggestions make sense, and apply so accurately to some things that are going on. I am just floored! The real life events that I have been praying about, and have been somewhat involved in on a peripheral level...are SO what you describe. I just can't believe I didn't get it before! I kept praying, and kept getting an ever evolved...but similar...response. Speechless!

Even the symbolism of the water surrounding the bed. I am a mother with four children, and am breastfeeding my youngest. I am so frequently sleep deprived it isn't funny. And I find when I do get good sleep, I am mentally and emotionally and spiritually better. And...I DO feel spoken to, and refreshed because of it.

I will be praying and seeking. Thank you again.

Wendy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Praise God!!

Wendy, He knows everything you've gone through, everything you're presently going through, and everything that's to come and He wants to lead you and guide you through it, let you know that He's on it. He saves your tears in a bottle, He knows the cries of your heart that are not even uttered. He is FOR you, not against you, always with you.

God Bless!
M

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top