Being Led by Blind Men

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being Led by Blind Men

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Matthew 14:13 "Every plant that my Heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

I've had several people send me pms lately for clarification on the meaning of their dreams. It seems as though the feedback being left leaves them confused. God is not the author of confusion, nor will He tell one prophet something and the other prophet the total opposite. I opened my bible today and the Lord began to deal with me about the order and manner in which we leave our interpretations/feedback.

I feel that the time has come that we truely begin seeking the Lord before we ever post a dream, and that we encourage newcomers to seek the Lord first before posting.

Let the dreamer add what they feel the Lord is speaking to them. We don't want anyone being misled and some people don't know the difference between "the interpreter offering their thoughts" or when the Lord is truely speaking through the dream interpreter.

We should follow 1 Corinthians 14:29 "Two or three prophets should speak and the others should weigh carefully what is said. For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged."

There are times that we have been successful in doing this, let's strive to keep it that way.

Also when we give pieces of an interpretation without the full interp from the Lord, the message He is sending becomes distorted.

Jeremiah 23:35
"This is what each of you keeps on saying to his friend or relative: 'What is the Lords answer?' or 'What has the Lord spoken?' But you must not mention 'the oracle of the Lord' again, because every mans OWN WORD becomes his oracle and so you distort the words of the living God, the Lord Almighty, our God."

We should not allow our own words to sound as though they carry as much weight as a Word from God. After reading these verses I'm wondering if we should just keep our thoughts to ourselves, seek Gods council and allow Him to speak fully.

Jeremiah 23:21 "I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with their message; I did not speak to them, yet they have prophecied. BUT IF THEY HAD STOOD IN MY COUNCIL, they would have proclaimed MY WORDS to my people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds."

I believe we should be encouraging each other to seek God first before discussing meanings of symbols. If God speaks a piece of a dream to you and that's all, then at least it's a piece of a confirmation to the dreamer.

Jeremiah 23:28 "Let the prophet who has a dream tell his dream, BUT LET THE ONE WHO HAS MY WORD SPEAK IT FAITHFULLY. For what has straw to do with grain? declares the Lord. Is not my word like fire," declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Another thing I want to address is to watch out for false prophets. Even people with a prophetic gift can be false prophets. When we give a wrong interpretation, we are speaking FALSE PROPHECIES. A prophet of God will be recognized as one sent by Him if his prophecy is true. (A message on distinquishing true and false prophets can be found here: What is a false prophet?)

An example is Hananiah the false prophet in Jeremiah 28.....

Also 2 Peter 1:20 "Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of scripture came about by the prophets own interpretation. For prophecy never had it's origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Let's not allow ourselves to be led by blind men. Let us seek God and His Council before we bring it to each other for confirmation. Let us also encourage newcomers to learn from God and seek to hear His voice so that we may all come to know our Jesus on a more intimate level through His Holy Spirit and allow him to use us in this ministry as He does with the body of Christ. Each member having their own purpose, one helps in ways that others could not etc.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being Led by Blind Men

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 pm

just wanted to clear one thing up... when I said even prophets of the Lord can be false prophets I meant people who call themselves prophets of the Lord... in other words wolves in sheeps clothing

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Thank you so much for this word. It's encouraging and refreshing!
God bless you

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 am

Right on target Daph!!! Mia said something a long time ago to me that stuck. She said that dreams are messages from God to the dreamer and He wasnt THEM to seek HIM on what HE is saying.

We get ourselves in trouble when we run with what others say without seeking God for ourselves.

Thank you Daph for this...right on time girl!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 am

Moderators: What I would like to add, is when members post something that our ministry does not teach, such as a universal statement like: A dog symbolizes demon attack. Please ask them to cite their references so that we can get an understanding as to why people believe symbols are universally the same for everyone and to open up a dialogue whereby we can discuss the truth and help teach the truth. For every member that we take the time to teach, that member can then teach another whom teaches another etc. Sooner or later our work load will lighten if we are diligent to teach when we have the opportunity. Let's not be weary in well doing for if we faint not we will have our reward.

Love,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dream223 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Beautiful and well stated. I really appreciate this thread and agree totally. Many like myself are searching for the heart of God in what He has so graciously given to us in a form of dreams. May the Lord continue to be glorified and exalted and may dreamers recognize the importance of getting FIRST before the One Who has given the dream to understand its meaning.

I am learning so much from this ministry...Praise the LORD! When I first found this online ministry, I had little to no understanding of what to do with my dreams other than write them down.

Father God, I thank You for gathering Your people to help equip us with understanding our dreams. Give us an understanding heart and wisdom so that we will know what to do with the revelations You give to us through our dreams. Thank You for the provision, connections, favor and strength that You make available for the success of this ministry by Your Spirit in the name of Jesus!

Last edited by Dream223 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaning up a couple of typos)

Dream223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Aw. Thank you for your beautiful prayer and sweet words.

Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:54 am

I really appreciate this word Daphanie. It's an answer to my prayer. I've been so drawn to this site...and so thankful to have found it.
I was praying the other night for this ministry..and I asked God to help me understand my dreams on my own..and help me to KNOW that whatever I may receive from this ministry is truly a word from God spoken through His trusted servants.
God Bless you all!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:54 am

Amen, Dream223! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:13 am