batteries falling out of green flashlight ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

batteries falling out of green flashlight ??

Post by awesomeGod on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Can anyone identify with the symbolism of this??

dropping a green flashlight and the batteries fall out?

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: batteries falling out of green flashlight ??

Post by lola21st on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 pm

In my dreams when I dream of anything that is related to power/electricity it is usually related to the power of the Holy Spirit. In this case, it sounds like a power failure. If the batteries fall out, the flashlight can't produce light because it's lost it's power source....does this sound like anything going on in real life?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 am

I asked God speak to me in my devotional and I read this last night before I went to sleep and it agrees with what Lola said and it made me immediately think of your flashlight dream:
Revival
O Lord, I have heard Your speech and was afraid; O Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy. Habakkuk 3:2

"Only God can restore life to something that has died. If you find that your heart has grown cold to God, that the spiritual life of your family or church has waned, call out to God to revive you, for only He can give life. It is not your activity but your relationship with God that brings life!
Spiritual fervor can ebb if left unattended. We all begin our walk with the Lord enthusiastically, with an excited sense of anticipation. But over time, busyness creeps in. We become distracted and let our sin go unchallenged. We may take our relationship with God for granted and not notice the gradual decline until we find ourselves drained o spiritual vitality.
This descent can happen in your church just as it does in your personal life. Do you remember a time when the Holy Spirit was moving mightily in your church, and the members sensed God leading in an exciting direction? Are the services now lifeless and the power of God only a memory?
At a time like this it is futile to try to bring back life yourself. you can organize many activities and exhort hose around you, but only God can resurrect what is dead. If God has initiated something in your life, or family, or church, only He can sustain it or revive it. If you sense that the spiritual vigor has gone out of your life or the life of your church, this is God's invitation to pray. He wants you to intercede with Him so that He might revive His work.
Jesus said that He is Life. It is unnecessary to remain spiritually lifeless when He has promised vibrant, abundant life if you will claim it."

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeGod on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 am

Wow! Thank you both!!! Wow, I didn't see that message coming!!!
Your message was amazingly annointed! It is definitely the right translation. Now I have to share a long story with you!

The flashlight links to a hurtful event that happened 5 years ago and wounded me emotionally so deeply I still ask God why I wasn't protected. I recently got fired up again about reading God's Word, but 5 yrs ago I went through a lazy time, making excuses that I was too busy to feed my spirit. I was a new mom and was tired all the time, and thought God must understand because He gave me a child to take care of. So I started taking naps during my devotional time, while my son was napping. During one nap, I woke up from a dream that let me actually see a glimpse of an angel that looked like my son all grown up, leaning toward me and saying "When are you going to stop cutting corners?" I didn't quite get it for some reason....I told myself I love Jesus whether I have time to read God's Word or not. I felt kind of like what's the big deal? The message seemed like a warning but somehow I couldn't make sense of it.

My son actually had a dream.....a few days ago.....that God showed him a scene from the past, the event I mentioned that hurt me. I was supposed to turn the flashlight on, that would have stopped it, but the batteries fell out. Then an evil tornado got too close to me because the flashlight would have prevented it from coming in my house. I tried to turn it on, and my son knew somehow it was my fault the batteries fell out....he said "Mama, you should have been more careful!"

After the evil event had already happened, God gave me a message that I had become very complacent with Him. This again reflects not making time to read His Word! Somehow I just didn't see the light, which is exactly the problem I had in the dream. I thought He was nitpicking me when He was really trying to protect me from evil!

In the dream, my son said there was evil controlling the funnel, and he described the evil event, that happened before he was born!
I will never again forget the importance of feeding my spirit, or the dangers of not feeding it! I felt very happy at the time, God had blessed me with a miracle child that I wasn't supposed to be able to have....and even told me in advance my son was coming and the day he would be conceived. That actually really freaked me out! So the complacency came being content that God blessed me with so much I must be "o.k." Kind of like putting the car on cruise control. I was trying to live off yesterday's blessings. Maybe this dream message will help someone else! Praise God for His protection and for servants like you who hear His sweet still voice!

Last edited by awesomeGod on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am

I'm in awe right now of what God is doing and has done

I feel this was for me too because I have not been living in the promises that God has given for me today. It's amazing how God has been speaking to and through both of us to eachother with dreams and messages!!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeGod on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 am

I have been studying God's "light" in our lives and wanted to add scriptures related to what you helped me interpret! God bless you! (I changed & added scriptures as the Holy Spirit led me....as to pertain to this dream message)

"Watchfulness" segments from Luke chapter 12

"Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning..."

"...If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into."

Yea, thou art my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness. 2 Samuel 22.29

Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalms 119.105

The Lord....will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. 1 Corinthians 4.5 (the person behind the event in the dream that hurt me was revealed to me)

It is the God who said 'Let light shine out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4.6

Last edited by awesomeGod on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more scriptures I was led to)

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 am

Amen, I'm happy that you were blessed! Great devotional, Hinds'feet! God is amazing in the way that He works!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am

I love that devotional Lola! Someone gave it to me!

Amen Lola and AwesomeGod!!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 am

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top