Dreams about events WHILE they are occurring????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams about events WHILE they are occurring????

Post by royalheiress on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi,

I really appreciate your ministry and bless God for it!

I have been a believer for 15 years. Throughout this time, I have had prophetic dreams that give insight into some future event (mostly that have to do with the lives of those around me, but have also had "national" level dreams). However, in addition to these dreams, I also have frequent dreams about events seemingly while the event is occurring. For example, I dreamed my mother was calling me on the phone to tell me one of my aunt's died. When I awoke an hour later, I saw on my home phone's caller ID that she did indeed call but did not leave a message (which is unlike her). Upon going down to the garage to retrieve my cell phone, I noticed that she called that as well...but her call came through at the exact time that I was asleep and dreaming she was calling. I got a strong feeling of foreboding bad news and was afraid to return her call, so I didn't. She called again the next morning and I just picked up and asked if she was calling to tell me someone died, to which she said, "yes", but the person she was referring to was not my aunt, but the mother of my godmother.

A final example of this is a dream last week that I had about 4 of my nieces (I have 5, but am very close to these 4). I had a very vivid dream that a state trooper came to my door and informed me that all 4 of my nieces (they are sisters) died in a car accident. In the dream, I was SOOOO grieved...I awoke from the dream and started crying and felt very grieved and afraid. I started praying for my nieces asking God to protect them. Then I wondered whether maybe the dream was about someone else (because my dreams often have people that actually represent others). I was so upset upon waking that I even briefly felt like I wanted God to stop giving me all these dreams, because the burden of them sometimes is so heavy (although later my husband ministered to me about the Lord's sovereignty in carrying out His purposes through this gift). Well, several days after the dream (and after me calling just to "check" on my nieces), I discovered that one of my niece's friends from school died in a car accident that very same night of my dream and the state troopers came to her parents' house to inform them. My nieces were very upset about their friend's death. I believe the Holy Spirit's grief was manifested in/through me so that I could intercede for this family as well as warn my nieces to be safe as they drive (this was a secondary message in the dream).

As of now, I do not have a gift of interpreting dreams, but the Lord has given me interpretation/insight into many of the dreams He has given me. I desire to fulfill all that He calls me to do via these dreams, whether it is to be praying fervently, deliver a message from Him or whatever. I really just want to honor and serve Him. Your Spirit-led, prayerful insight into my dream is greatly appreciated!

Also, is this a common occurrence to dream about events as they occur?

Thanks!

royalheiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams about events WHILE they are occurring????

Post by lola21st on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Praise the Lord, royalheiress and welcome to the site!

There are others who can speak more to your question regarding dreaming about events as they occur - I don't know how common it is, but it definitely happens.

Based on the dreams you described, you appear to have a gift of prophetic dreaming and I believe it's for the purpose of being an intercessor. When God gives us these dreams it's usually a warning that this could be the result unless prayer/intercession and/or a change in behavior/action/belief/attitude/etc. takes place. I believe in your case, the Lord wants you to intercede for the people that you are dreaming about as the Holy Spirit leads you. And since you dream about events as they occur, pray and plead the blood of Jesus over the situation that you've just dreamt about and continue to pray until you feel the peace of the Lord or until the Holy Spirit gives you further instructions.

Also, please don't get the wrong idea - I'm not suggesting that your godmother's mother died because you didn't pray (which I'm sure you did). Your husband is right, the Lord is sovereign. I was in a similar situation recently in that it was on my heart to pray for someone and I did but not consistently and the prayer was not fervent (ok, maybe not even ferv) and something happened to that individual. I felt badly because I thought that maybe if I'd prayed more, they wouldn't have experienced what they did. Someone reminded me that God would have raised up other intercessors for the individual if that was what was required for the situation...ultimately He is sovereign and His will would be done with or without me...

This is a special gifting, the Lord will use you mightily in exercising it! Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

I agree that this type of dreaming is for intercession, but also at times the Lord gives us warnings, sometimes for our own safety, but at other times, it's almost like it's to prepare us emotionally for something that's happening/coming.

I also think this happens in different seasons for the purpose of confirming to you that you are indeed hearing from Him and to teach you, so you will learn to trust the word of knowledge and know how to effectively use and apply it, and discern what type of word it is.

My first response is always to pray and intercede.
i have found that the enemy likes to try to jam the circuits with this type of gift and mimic these words of knowledge, so pray protection over yourself and be very quick to turn any fear producing dreams/words of knowledge over to the Lord!

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Amen, mariakitty, I agree! Thank you for expanding on this! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by royalheiress on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks so much for your prompt and encouraging replies!!

royalheiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

I dream like that alot! I dreamed about the Virginia tech incedent as it was happening except the shooter was a blonde woman in my dream and I was trying to witness to her. I also used to dream that my mom was walking down the hall coming to wake me up for school and then the light would flick on. I sleep with my two month old sometimes (bad idea I know) and I'll dream my husbands arm is moving through the air at his face and I'll wake up stopping it! lol it has freaked him out a couple of times. also my husband and my kids and I were all sleeping in one room one night and I woke up saying "he's gonna throw up!" then my son woke up and started puking! sometimes these things are literal and sometimes they are symbolic. I agree with Lurdys that we are given these dreams are given to us to show us we have a gift and to intercede those who are effected by the tragedies. also to prepare us for future events.

God bless you and welcome to the site!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by royalheiress on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Wow, thanks so much for sharing that, daph. It certainly "normalizes" this for me, if you will, as I have never had someone tell me that they really get what I'm saying about having dreams about events while they are occurring. Intercession is certainly a ministry that the Lord has called me to; I am just continually seeing how all the gifts He has placed in me are working together for the building up of His kingdom and giving Him glory (not to mention continually humbling me!).

Many blessings,

royalheiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Daph, my son slept with me from the week after he was born till he was 4 years old! When my husband is gone he sleeps with me too LOL! He sleeps with me right now too, mostly because the house gets cold at night and I don't want to find him frozen to death, he has a tendency to want to keep his arms out of the covers when he sleeps and doesn't realize.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Royal, I've only had one dream like that, where my fav. grandmother died but it was a dif. grandmother.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

yes I definately never felt normal till I came here! lol thank you Jesus for this ministry! I feel like a duck that's been raised by chickens and finally realizes she can swim and fly!! Praise God!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Wow, daph. You just articulated how I felt before I realized I had a prophetic gift. Like somthing BIG was missing but I didn't have a clue what it was.

Its not plagurizing if I delete your post is it?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top