Recurring Dream about one of my old dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recurring Dream about one of my old dogs

Post by Mariakitty on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 pm

I intermittently have similar dreams involving dogs.
Brief background:

Pepper was my father's hunting dog, a German short-haired pointer, she outlived him, but is no longer living.
Ranger was my son's dog, a collie (like Lassie), Ranger is no longer living.

Last night's dream was about Pepper, the similar theme is suddenly realizing the dog is still alive, and wondering if anyone has been giving it water or taking care of it. I was upset with my mother, (the dog was living in a kennel in her backyard for years, and IRL for years after my father had died), and I reminded her that poor Pepper was suffering and so very old, like we got her in February of 1971 or 1972, so that would make the dog like 38 or so years old, and she should be put to sleep!!!

Whenever I have this theme dream, I feel sick and anxious, like oh my God, the poor animal was suffering, and its needs weren't being met, and how long has this been going on.
This theme dream always leaves me very upset and sad. I think there's something that the Lord wants to address, but I'm missing it. In fact, I'm feeling a HUGE degree of sadness even now just typing this out.

IRL, I am a very responsible person, and have never shirked a responsibility nor forgotten something of importance, especially if it involved someone's, (or something's) wellness/comfort.

Praying for an interpretation. I don't want to keep having this theme dream any more.

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recurring Dream about one of my old dogs

Post by GoldenEagle on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Suffering.
Needs not being met.

Those are your words. Do you know who they are about?

Could this dream be to do with somethign residual from your father's death? the dog outlived him, then passed on. was tghere any other feelign that stayed for a while and then seemed to dissipate?

Just thoughts!

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Golden Eagle,

Thanks for your reply!!

As far as feelings that remained for a while, I'm still feeling really, really sad whenever I think about the dream, so the residue of the dream is certainly sadness. Also, there's this horrible feeling of loneliness and desolation, and like something got lost & forgotten; left outside that was very important.

In terms of residual from my father's death...I don't think there's anything unprocessed, but who knows, sometimes it takes a lifetime to fully process. He died 24 years ago.

I remember writing a poem entitled "The Last Hunt" , which I wrote the autumn before my father died, when he and Pepper literally had their last hunt together. I haven't really thought about that for years.

Thanks for your input, I will certainly be praying along those lines.

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 am

I am sorry you feel sad. I hope that when you get an answer it'll turn things around for you. Hugs.

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Thank you!!!
Comforting that any step one takes when at the very lowest point in the valley is bringing them to a higher place....

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenEagle on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 am

Good point!

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:26 am

Sponsored content