What is the difference?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the difference?

Post by karen on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 pm

This may sound like a daft question, but WHAT is the difference between a dream and a vision?

Can they both cross over? I mean, can you have a symbolic dream, but for instance a part of it happens that day? Or later for that matter? (sometimes years later I remember it with vivid clarity and the Holy Spirit will keep it in my rememberance)
Can a daydream, when you realise that you are daydreaming be just as important a leading as dreams of the night?

Can you, kind of see things on waking that you ...Oh to describe this accurately...'bring back with you knowing that you heard it from another realm'. ??? (for me it is usually an instruction or word I have to research and seek out, or a whole new perspective from the Holy Ghost - that I would not know about at all in the natural) But it is not a dream , and it is not a vision. (at least I don't think so?)

I always check these occurrences with the word, and He always confirms these things. Sometimes even bubbling up the scripture reference in me, when I've not known exactly where it was. I question, discern and then pray accordingly.

Also, I can sit in God's presence after praise/worship and studying the word and prayer and get impressions. When I'm waiting to hear.

I always ask the Holy Spirit for direction, I may have to pray in tongues and follow scriptures, and then pray into them. Sometimes on political matters in other countries, sometimes burdens for people that I've met. Sometimes I just note it in a diary Hab 2:2

I sound like I am jumping around in my thoughts a bit, but I want to understand and be more effective in my hearing and seeing and praying.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the difference?

Post by traveller on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I've wondered about these things myself:)
Often when I 'hear' a scripture or get an image or a thought/insight about this person/thing that I couldn't know in the natural, it's when I'm interceding for something/someone. The image/thought/scripture I get in those instances helps me to pray what I need to pray at that time. It's often not for myself and specific to that situation; it feels like it's a Holy Spirit 'queue' as what He wants me to pray next.
I also see pictures when I'm not praying and am not sure what to do with those apart from pray to God for more wisdom:) Sorry, I don't have the answers either, just some experiences that felt related to what u described.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Traveller

Post by karen on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes I understand what you mean about the impressions in prayer. They seem to be more straightforward prompts and cues. Once you practice following them.

You mention the pictures you see when you are not praying. I do the same, is it me, is it something on my mind. Like you I just pray. Other times though I am not so good at praying. Many years ago, I heard Tianamen Square. (never even knew it was a place in China! lol!) Recently I got Port O Prince. No impression just names. I did not pray in English, as I was clueless. I just committed it to God and by faith believed that the Holy Spirit would give me utterance.

Lately it is Rome. I loooked in a book yesterday at the library, as I think Pope John Paul 2 was born again. I was wondering about his prayers being answered and how they are working in the now, if he was a born again. Also I have a friend who is a Catholic and have been wondering how to witness to them, as they are hungry for more of God. You can hear it in how they talk.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the difference?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum