Denial (Need Help Understanding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Denial (Need Help Understanding

Post by ManOfGod17 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

I had a dream and i am not sure what its about but all i can remember is that i was lying on my stomach and there was a girl lying next to me or sitting up from me and a sticker fell in front of or something and she said '' Did you see that sticker fall'' and i hadn't seen it but she had and she picked it up and stuck it on my face and read it out and it said DENIAL and i jumped out my dream like it was some kind of nightmare, i don't understand what i a in DENIAL about if that's what God's trying to say.

ManOfGod17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Denial (Need Help Understanding

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am

the opposing by a defendant of a claim or charge against him or her

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Do you think you're in denial about something, maybe starting something?

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Try asking a close friend or family what makes you go on the defensive. Friends usually see denial before we do.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi there ManofGod17,

After reading your dream I had a few thoughts, because very often the Lord likes to do a "play on words" with me in some of my dreams...

Regarding your position of being on your stomach (called prone position) in the bed:
The word "prone", has several meanings, like it can refer to your ability or propensity for something, as in being naturally inclined to something, apt, liable..., etc...

Prone is derived from the Latin word pronus, which means "bent forward, inclined to," so as a "positional term", like your position in the dream, you're in bed in prone or face down position...

I think when I am lying face down in rest, like at the beach or in bed, things/people can tend to sneak up on me undetected...

Maybe the Lord is trying to warn you that you're not in the position to see something, and/or that you're naturally inclined to not see some particular thing, (like the old "Love is Blind" saying, which is also another way of saying someone is in denial about the one they love...)

Regarding the sticker:
A sticker can also be a "label"; has anyone ever told you that you were in denial, like they tried to stick that label onto you about a situation? (It may have been a true assessment or untrue, but was this ever put out there to you or has it recently come up?)

The presence of the sticker was pointed out to you/emphasized, so this is something the Lord wants you to take note of. I would just ask Him to reveal/shine His light on whatever you're possibly not in the position to see right now.

Sometimes something is right out there for everyone else to see, like on our face, but we can't see it unless it is pointed out by someone, or we're self-examining, or the Lord shines His light on it for us.

I can understand why you jumped out of the dream startled! I pray that the Lord will help you with this.

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top