a dream message for anyone who's lost a pet!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a dream message for anyone who's lost a pet!

Post by awesomeGod on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 pm

My five year old son had a dream today I thought I should share because it's beautiful....

I had a cat that I loved very much named "Oreo" that died unexpectedly when I was pregnant with my son, so he never met her.
My son asked me today if he could rename our kitten "Oreo" and when I asked why, he said he had a dream about a nice cat named "Oreo." He told me in a dream that Jesus showed himself making a new heart for her with his hands and putting it in her tummy to make her alive again. Jesus said she was waiting for me. He told my son that He did it because I cried for her. I thought I needed to share that for anyone who's ever grieved for a pet.....this is a beautiful promise for us all!
I have prayed for answers on whether this cat would be in heaven for five years....I think it affected me more to hear it from a child!

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dream message for anyone who's lost a pet!

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 pm

This has made me cry, I have loved and lost...

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 am

That is absolutely awesome!

One of the most profound things I've ever heard came from a five year old. It was when I was very new in my walk with God and didn't have a clue how to hear from him.

My friend's son, a five year old, was talking about what God said to him the night before. The pastor, curious, asked, "What does God sound like?"

The boy eyed the preacher as if to say, 'YOU should know what God sounds like', but he replied anyway with: "He sounds like my heart."

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeGod on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 am

I love that story!
My 5 year old is bringing me so much closer in my walk with God...
He just told my husband a few weeks ago that God says he needs to tell his friends about Jesus before they run out of time. My husband, reflecting on his coworkers, blurted out nervously that they wouldn't listen and my son instantly started sobbing inconsolably. This is the 2nd time he shared information like that with us. So in curiousity, I asked him too, what God sounds like....
He says Jesus talks in his "heart beat." I thought I should share that because it reminds me of your story!

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 am

WOW! That is AWESOME! I LOVE THAT!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 am

AwesomeGod, the times when I talk to people about Jesus is when we get into a conversation and it goes into something painful I've experienced that God has shown me Grace and Mercy! I hope that helps your husband! I only use my experiences when I talk about God.
What is funny is that I've read something just like that in the Bible and then I heard that same idea mentioned from the Bible in church this sunday!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 am

It's really not scary at all when you are confident about what you have been through and what God has done for you. I must say that I would Never tell someone about God without an experience to go along with it. They would just think stuff like "who are you to tell me, you don't know me"

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeGod on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks Hindsfeet, I'll share that with my husband. He has a tough audience at work! The amazing thing is that my son has never met his coworkers and yet he was crying over them! There is one guy in particular who is a proclaimed athiest, my husband has been subtly working on his heart for years. If you can picture a stereotypical group of truckdrivers sitting around a table, talking about women, that is his audience.

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm

That's tough. Yeah, I could see how they wouldn't want to talk about being hurt... their tough cover would be totally blown. It'd have to be something that doesn't have to do with someone hurting them when they are vulnerable.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by living4HIM on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:24 am

how beautiful! this made me cry.... i lost my collie jenna this past june... she was with me for 13 years and i often wonder if i will ever see her again...

this really spoke to me, thank you so much so sharing it!!

living4HIM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am

Wow, awesomeGod what a special little boy you have! God has really placed a tender intercessor heart inside him. God is speaking to him for sure. Be sure you encourage that gift in him. Believe what he says when he tells you things. Kids learn how to shut those gifts down if they are shut down by adults at a young age. Nurture that little plant and it will grow into a strong oak tree and bring you much fruit when you are old. :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm

living4Him,

Sunshine2, Amen!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:42 am

Ok I will quit crying soon. (boo hoo) Very sweet testimony and so how the Lord works. I have 2 cats; Cleo, and Cloe and it is reassuring to know that when the they pass they will be in heaven with Him. They are getting up there in age. They are my kids. I talk to them like kids and they get in trouble like kids. Thanks for sharing an awesome testimony and I totally agree with Sunshine2.

God bless and love in Jesus,

Con
nie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 am

awesomeGod wrote:My five year old son had a dream today I thought I should share because it's beautiful....

I had a cat that I loved very much named "Oreo" that died unexpectedly when I was pregnant with my son, so he never met her.
My son asked me today if he could rename our kitten "Oreo" and when I asked why, he said he had a dream about a nice cat named "Oreo." He told me in a dream that Jesus showed himself making a new heart for her with his hands and putting it in her tummy to make her alive again. Jesus said she was waiting for me. He told my son that He did it because I cried for her. I thought I needed to share that for anyone who's ever grieved for a pet.....this is a beautiful promise for us all!
I have prayed for answers on whether this cat would be in heaven for five years....I think it affected me more to hear it from a child!
Your message brought tears in my eyes,because in september I lost a cat,she died.I cried.I was so sad.I listened to the song "He walked a mile in my shoes".
Thank you!!!
God bless you and your son and your family.

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

awesomeGod, WOW!! I'm just so touched.

This makes me so so so very happy. When I was little we had a pekingese mixed chihuahua. My father got her when she was just a tiny little puppy, he brought her home one winter in a knitted ski hat (she was soooo little)
My father passed away a few years later when I was 11 years old. We ended up moving out of state the same year he passed and a few months after moving, a car hit our little dog. She was bleeding internally and nothing could be done so we kept her home with us. She couldn't move and we could see her pain as she was breathing...so my younger brother and I slept on the floor with her. When we woke up in the morning she had passed away. We were a total mess and ended up missing 3 days of school. I'll never forget this because it had such a traumatic effect on us since we were still mourning the loss of our father. I'm crying as I type this. I ALWAYS wondered if our dog was in heaven with my father. I always wondered if animals went to heaven. Why wouldn't they? God created them..those are His creatures. And we wept for that dog...we mourned for her for a long time.
Your sons dream means so much to me.
To know that our dog is in heaven with my father...this has made my day.
I'm going to share it with my brother.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top