Does anyone know the signifigance of MINT in a dream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone know the signifigance of MINT in a dream?

Post by karen on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 am

I have dreamt of MINT (the fresh herb) 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

There was a vase of wilting rotting MINT. Should have been a display like cut flowers but was dead, yet upright. Murky water and it was a murky kinda vision. As I looked and zoomed in closely, in the middle of the display was one strong, tall, vibrant healthy, and alive rod of MINT. (it had a strong mint shaped woody stem and green leaves like a branch) In the midst of all the rotten dead stuff, the MINT was so clear.

Next dream, I saw a stem of MINT, both ends of it looked like they had been standing in water. Like the bottom of cut flowers or lettuce go when they are in water. (Always the MINT in the dreams is straight)
With my fingers I pinched off the ends at both ends to enable growth. As I held this straight piece one hand at either end, I watched the middle section. It budded with new MINT leaves and they started to grow.

Finally this morning, I walked to a Friend's garden. (in the natural my friend is extremely creative and sees things from completely different angles. Which I admire)
I stood in front of a table, my friend was facing me and we were talking. (his back was to the garden) I was outside.
The MINT was just below the table on his side, shaped into something wonderful. Kinda curly I think, and this sounds daft, friendly? (it was shaped likeTopiary - I thought what a cool idea! I never would have thought of sculpting a herb!) It was alive and stretched forward to meet me or greet me. It seemed shy. It's leaves were deepest green. I could see every detail on it in close up. Even the bumps on the leaves! Then it receded and I woke up.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone know the signifigance of MINT in a dream?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:48 am

Isaiah 28:25,27 cumming and mint were mentioned together in the bible
since they were mentioned as a group,derivates the importance of keeping the law
Jesus also in mat 23:23
in the first one same as when cummin is planted,plants like cumming and mint required not to be exposed plenty to the sun
they required special care since they are use to flavor food.
God will deal wisely and justly with his people,
in the old victorian tradition Mint was associated with virtue.

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks MB, I used the online bible gateway and looked up those references too. But that is not it.

However, and this is where it gets soooo good!

I have been exploring this site, and like Mia says. Let's have a crack at interpretation ourselves.

I forgot to mention something very important about the MINT dreams. I always had the MINT dreams after intense study on the blood of Jesus and the Abrahamic covenant. With the last dream I fell asleep listening to an excellent teaching.

Well, I have prayed, and asked for an interpretation, and it is multi-layered. So very like God.

On one level, the first dream was about the old and the new covenant I have with God.
The second dream is about cutting off old sins, old patterns of behaviour, old works. Some things have worked in the past, but like the first dream, have become stale. I must prune out the dead and move in the new (brand new MINT condition) things of the Holy Spirit. I didn't throw everything out, just pruned. That is important.

The third dream. My friend with the garden behind Him is God. Eden blessing behind him. (it was full of green wonderful plants) Crazy as this sounds. In my new covenant blessing position with God my Friend. The MINT that was friendly. I am in NEW COVENANT friendship with GOD. A whole new relationship dimension I am currently exploring. For some reason I have been shy to explore this.

Following is a link to a song. This song I dreamed over a year ago. I was jubilant and excited in the dream and aware that it was God giving me the dream. I was lucid. lol! It took me some time (and deliverance to get the message!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0SO7IvtXM

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:33 am

Karen, one of my favs!! The band you picked to play the song is so wonderful!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks Hinds Feet...The song...It is so uplifting isn't it!

I had a quiet time in the evening yesterday when I got home, and in the stillness was listening to more interpretations on MINT.

Then my mind wandered and I was hungry...as in for grub...and I was thinking about the mint, or trying to...being all serious in my 'listening time' for any more about the symbol...

I started to think, "if I could eat anything from anywhere in the world what would I have...money no object.?"
I thought 'Lamb shank'...(quiet time over now, or so I thought)

Nope... I burst out laughing at Jesus' sense of humour.
I fell about laughing as I heard Jesus say "Lamb and mint go really well together!"

This could really offend someone's sensibilities, but you had to be in that moment. I needed the release of that laughter.

I haven't had a lot to laugh about lately, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Then He reminded me, that the first thing to go in spiritual warfare, is your joy.

Oh Yes, the joy of the Lord is our strength, and can't you lay hold of it in that song?

Blessings

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Oh, that is SO FUNNY!! I need to start thinking about where my humor comes from too!! That's just SO great, I got a good up lifting laugh from that my self!!

You are So right about the first thing to go being our joy and I didn't even consider it to be part of spiritual warfare... I've noticed that I haven't been very joyful lately and have had a lot of "bill problems" literally pop up out of hiding, long forgotten bills... Praise God though because He has surely gotten me on the ball today cause I'm getting things done left and right and I haven't even left the house yet!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Oh, I would So love a nice juicy lamb shank with mint!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm still laughing, at your reply....

Also I thought of the properties of mint in the natural...It lowers blood pressure. Mint tea is used for stomach upsets and menstrual bleeding. (pregnant women shouldn't drink too much mint tea)

So even dreaming of the blood of covenant and mint at the same time, there was a kind of connection. So clever!

We use terms such as Mint condition to mean brand new. By pinching off the ends of the mint in the dream, it promoted new growth. Mint FRESH growth. So discarding old works that used to work in the past, and staying FRESH in the Holy Ghost becomes significant. Whatever direction He leads us in, He is always fresh, never stale.

Interesting...

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:08 pm

LOL!

I didn't know that about mint! I love learning new things!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

My first thought was "mint condition"

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 pm

How come it was more obvious to you usemeLord ? It took me ages to get that! lol!

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top