Travelling on trains, looking at a wedding and serving ice cream???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Travelling on trains, looking at a wedding and serving ice cream???

Post by traveller on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi all,
I posted a dream which was the second of two I had one night. I never included the first one as it's a bit long but as I think it could be connected I have now decided to post both. This is the second or third dream I've had that includes me going to/looking/observing someone's wedding. Wonder if that's got something to do with the church being a picture of the bride? Hope someone has insight to share.

First dream:
I was getting on a train, was on there for a while and then got off onto another one (however I never saw an in-between station where I changed trains, I just got off one train on to another) I went to look at a wedding. However, I remember being on the train and driving past/looking at the wedding party and the brides maids but I couldn't figure out who the bride was.. All the time I was on the train, didn't get out until the train got to a point/destination where I met and spoke to my mother and sister who were there. I told them I was there to look at a wedding. My mother said: 'hey, you're wearing your wedding dress'. I replied with: 'yes, good occasion to wear it, to someone's wedding:) I thought that was quite normal, but they didn't think it was. I didn't mind what they thought, I was just happy. Eventhough we had this conversation in the dream I knew this event wasn't about me: I just remember looking at this wedding party. I wasn't even a guest and I didn't know anyone, I was just observing. It was in a town a couple of hours from where I live (have only travelled through that town a couple times irl but don't even know anyone there).
Then it was time to get back on the train. There were a couple of people from my church on it, including the pastor and his wife. We were talking about witnessing. I thought we were having a women's meeting as all of a sudden we were in the church (don't know if this was on the train,) but there were men as well, so I wasn't sure about it being a women's meeting anymore.. It was great to listen to some testimonies; I looked around and noticed there weren't any of the new/unsaved people to listen to the testimonies and the pastor's wife was upset about that. Everyone had been really impacted by the testimonies so I thought this message was meant to be for the churched only as they needed to learn about faith and that's why it was o.k that it was only this group of (church)people..
Then next thing we needed to pray for one of the men from church who was there with us and this was back on the train. I prayed, thanking God for the opportunity to put our faith/trust in Him and that we prayed for this man's healing and that I wouldn't stop praying until he had received his healing. I wanted the others to agree in prayer but they were quiet, so I prayed even more boldly declaring that it wasn't just about his healing, as I knew that would come/was accomplished anyway, but that it was about God looking at/testing our faith, if we indeed put our faith in Him. I declared I did put my faith in Him; I was very passionate whilst praying and I felt I was speaking God's thoughts/words. The others weren't passionately praying.
Then we got to where I needed to get off the train onto another one, and someone said: 'what if he doesn't make it?' I answered that we needed to keep praying until he does.. The dream ended where I got off that one train,but was about to step into another one.

Second dream:
I saw frozen yogurt that had all gone curdly (that's what happens irl too when u try to defrost yogurt). I was asked to serve it to some people that were waiting for it in their car. Felt like i was next to one of those food vans that they use for selling all kinds of food from. Anyway, i don't know who asked me to serve it, i looked at the frozen stuff and noticed the curdles. I told the people they couldn't have that as icecream (as that's what they were waiting for..), but whilst they were waiting, I started stirring the yoghurt with an ice cream scoop and it started to become nice icecream.
Then I started serving it up unto a plate, but this took me a while for some reason: I put on nice round scoops and all kinds of stuff on it as topping. The topping I used was whole hazelnuts, sprinkles, sugar, salt? and I was supposed to put chocolate sauce on but I didn't or forgot. After I'd put it onto a plate, I took it over to the waiting car and gave it to a girl who sat in the back of the car. She had to pass it on to the other people in the car, but she liked it so much, she kept it to herself, whilst the others had to wait for the next serves. They all really wanted the ice cream now, after seeing the girl have it, so they all came out of the car and sat around a table where I was serving. Because I'm taking so long, the ice cream is getting a bit soft and I can't make the perfect scoops anymore. So, I then just serve out big lumps of it in bowls. I still put all the toppings on it, the whole hazelnuts, sprinkles, sugar and salt and wondered why ice cream needed salt, but i put it on anyway. I still didn't put chocolate sauce on eventhough it was on the table to use if I wanted it.
End of dream.

I've got ideas in regards to the first dream but can't figure out the exact connection with the second one. Hope someone can help me along:)
Salt could be love? Wonder what the ice cream represents though?

Last edited by traveller on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add title)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Travelling on trains, looking at a wedding and serving ice cream???

Post by traveller on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:22 pm

In particular this part: "I was getting on a train, was on there for a while and then got off onto another one (however I never saw an in-between station where I changed trains, I just got off one train on to another) I went to look at a wedding. However, I remember being on the train and driving past/looking at the wedding party and the brides maids but I couldn't figure out who the bride was.. All the time I was on the train, didn't get out until the train got to a point/destination where I met and spoke to my mother and sister who were there. I told them I was there to look at a wedding. My mother said: 'hey, you're wearing your wedding dress'. I replied with: 'yes, good occasion to wear it, to someone's wedding:) I thought that was quite normal, but they didn't think it was. I didn't mind what they thought, I was just happy. Eventhough we had this conversation in the dream I knew this event wasn't about me: I just remember looking at this wedding party. I wasn't even a guest and I didn't know anyone, I was just observing. It was in a town a couple of hours from where I live.."
I've been looking up what weddings represent in the bible and Matt 22 stood out with the story of the man who had no wedding attire when he came to the wedding party.
The bride usually represents the church, but in this dream I can't see who the bride is, only the brides maids. And what do my mother and sister represent, i wonder?
I've been praying over it and don't seem to be getting much further. I hope someone has any thoughts on this particular section of the dream.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Second dream:
I saw frozen yogurt that had all gone curdly (that's what happens irl too when u try to defrost yogurt). I was asked to serve it to some people that were waiting for it in their car. Felt like i was next to one of those food vans that they use for selling all kinds of food from. Anyway, i don't know who asked me to serve it, i looked at the frozen stuff and noticed the curdles. I told the people they couldn't have that as icecream (as that's what they were waiting for..), but whilst they were waiting, I started stirring the yoghurt with an ice cream scoop and it started to become nice icecream.
Then I started serving it up unto a plate, but this took me a while for some reason: I put on nice round scoops and all kinds of stuff on it as topping. The topping I used was whole hazelnuts, sprinkles, sugar, salt? and I was supposed to put chocolate sauce on but I didn't or forgot. After I'd put it onto a plate, I took it over to the waiting car and gave it to a girl who sat in the back of the car. She had to pass it on to the other people in the car, but she liked it so much, she kept it to herself, whilst the others had to wait for the next serves. They all really wanted the ice cream now, after seeing the girl have it, so they all came out of the car and sat around a table where I was serving. Because I'm taking so long, the ice cream is getting a bit soft and I can't make the perfect scoops anymore. So, I then just serve out big lumps of it in bowls. I still put all the toppings on it, the whole hazelnuts, sprinkles, sugar and salt and wondered why ice cream needed salt, but i put it on anyway. I still didn't put chocolate sauce on eventhough it was on the table to use if I wanted it.
End of dream..

The reason for bringing this post up again is, I just read someone's reply to a dream about ice cream and toppings which brought this dream back to mind.
So far this is what i got to:
ice cream: a form of milk..milk is something that young/new christians need before going onto 'solids'.
salt: love? things of God..
sugar: sweet has many good references in the bible, in this context i see it as a good thing, not sure about the exact meaning though.

Me taking so long with serving the ice cream, makes me wonder if that speaks about I'm too concerned about the delivery of how I say things and therefore take too long? In the ice cream case that's not good, as it makes it go soft..
There are some parts of these dreams where the dots 'aren't joined' yet, so if anyone has further insight to help with, thanks.. flower

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top