A short dream I had this morning

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by karen on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 pm

I dream a lot and have done since a kid. (I am now 46 yrs old) I am Spirit filled/ born again. I have tried to interpret this dream myself, after studying some of a dream prophet's stuff on Youtube, but still am not sure what is going on? I have visions too. They happen.

This morning's short dream.

I was drawing the face of a Greek/Minoan Prince. Blue line drawing on white paper like parchment or some kind of blotting paper. I am not much of an artist in real life so was finding it difficult, but I kept concentrating and it got better. It was a noble profile. I paid attention to the hair especially as I know that the ancient Greeks braided their hair with real gold. (clips/rings) Like in the movie Troy.

Then a king, Greek I think, I don't know how to say this..but white stuff came over my face. White semen/seed. All over my face. The strange thing is, I was Greek too, wearing white robes with long light brown hair. (in real life I am a black woman)

I was surprised at what he did.

Then I stood before a second king. Greater than the first. Handsome, noble, a warrior, wise and Greek. (he was Eric Bana from the movie Troy)
I told him that the first king did what he did, and I am not a man, I do not have hair on my face. (e.g. stubble) I told him that the first king had "Put his desire on my face".

This king then said, "If it were me, I would put my desire IN you". He absolutely meant it, in a wonderful way.

Later on, I got into an ocean. So blue. I told the second king that "on land I am a woman, but look! In the ocean I am a Mermaid."
As I was in the ocean I was gold and orange from the waist down. The scales were very large on the fish tail.

Then I woke up...
In spite of the symbolism, it was not a sexual dream. However, I could feel the love and peace and longing of the second king. I was also comfortable transforming into a Mermaid. He wasn't shocked by it.

What does it mean?

I looked up psalm 45 today which says, 'My heart overflowing with a good theme, and my pen being the pen of a ready writer, and how the King greatly desires my beauty', etc but I can't quite put this together.

Thanks
Karen

Last edited by lola21st on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : website guideline)

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A short dream I had this morning

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Karen,
I wish I could put what I am about to say with a scriptural
back up.
I would take me long to write this answer,but as long as God Guided me I will write.
The mermaid (You) is an spirit in operation in your life.
you wish for the second king.Because legally in front of God .that is your desire and his will.
But instead because of the operations of these spirits
you are encountering the first kind.
(search Marine Spirits and you will know better).
all the dream is about you,What you wish and what you had been prayed about.
The Holy Spirit is given you a good report of the work that needs to be done in your life.
there were some relationships in your life not so clean that allow these things to operate freely in your life.
Now you need to clean your house,that image of you beign a mermaid is not from God,You are new in Jesus ,you don't need to have the old nature in order to be blessed with a good man.
Pray to the Lord to guide you and show you the areas and relationship that brought you to that condition.
And get free from these opressed Spirits.
if you analize your description about the mermaid you from the waist up are a normal female,but waist down is where the bondage by these spirits is.
you need the water in order to move,otherwise you are uncapable to walk solid ground.
like an onion only the Holy Spirit can show you and peel off all the
layers of these stronghold.
For Jesus Glory.
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has(B) anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;[a]
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and(C) the opening of the prison to those who are bound;[b]
2(D) to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor,
(E) and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
3to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
(F) to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
(G) the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
(H) that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD,(I) that he may be glorified.[c]
4(J) They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.
A choice you need to make is to break off from this flesh nature
Jesus want you free and well..

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:24 am

Thank you so much for your reply.

The mermaid (You) is an spirit in operation in your life.
you wish for the second king.Because legally in front of God .that is your desire and his will.
But instead because of the operations of these spirits you are encountering the first kind.

I have had dreams of spirits hiding at the root of a tree. Relieved that their identity had not been found out. Only that they existed. Also in those dreams there was blood, dirt and I was confined, both physically and mentally. Unable to communicate to those around me without great difficulty.

These spirits. I want them out of my life, but don't know what to do. Are they generational too?
I tried to look up Marine spirits in the dictionary but can't find any mention.

I am not in a relationship with anyone, but with the Holy Spirit I will go over my past.

My life right now has ground to a halt in the natural. No job, money anything. Something has been at work against me. It is so obvious now, it is laughable.

I want the change and to walk in my covenant blessing. I want my freedom.

Thank you again for the interpretation.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:31 am

I had sent you a PM
Let the Lord Jesus be Praise and Revered!
Glory to his name!
May the Lord Bless You and keep you

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 pm

the first king represents men or desires of this world. it could even symbolize the devil and how he wants you to desire things of the flesh. the second king definately represents the Lord and how He wants to put His desire inside of you. I love that part and you found the perfect scripture to go with it. also o dream a lot that Im a mermaid and didn't start doing that until I was obedient to God and began seeking out the meaning of my dreams and operating the gift God gave me. the bible says that God speaks to prophets in dreams. it also says that prophets were called SEERS. when I dream about sea creatures and that I
a mermaid it usually means the SEE or the prophetic. so you are a SEE creature and that's what God made you. this dream makes perfect sence to me. I love it!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

mbstudent, I don't get where being a mermaid is evil.?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:52 pm

also you were comfortable being a mermaid. you can operate in and out of the prophetic and the second king ( Jesus) is ok with this so how can it be evil?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:50 pm

The word is a compound of mere, the Old English word for "sea", and maid, a woman. The male equivalent is a merman.
Much like sirens, mermaids would sometimes sing to people and gods and enchant them, distracting them from their work and causing them to walk off the deck or run their ships aground. Other stories have them squeezing the life out of drowning men while attempting to rescue them. They are also said to take humans down to their underwater kingdoms. In Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid, it is said that they forget that humans cannot breathe underwater, while others say they drown men out of spite.[citation needed]
The sirens of Greek mythology are sometimes portrayed in later folklore as mermaid-like; in fact, some languages use the same word for both bird and fish creatures, such as the Maltese word 'sirena'. Other related types of mythical or legendary creatures are water fairies (e.g., various water nymphs) and selkies, animals that can transform themselves from seals to humans.[citation needed]
The first known mermaid stories appeared in Assyria, ca. 1000 BC. Atargatis, the mother of Assyrian queen Semiramis, was a goddess who loved a mortal shepherd and in the process killed him. Ashamed, she jumped into a lake to take the form of a fish, but the waters would not conceal her divine beauty. Thereafter, she took the form of a mermaid — human above the waist, fish below — though the earliest representations of Atargatis showed her as being a fish with a human head and legs, similar to the Babylonian Ea. The Greeks recognized Atargatis under the name Derketo. Prior to 546 BC, the Milesian philosopher Anaximander proposed that mankind had sprung from an aquatic species of animal. He thought that humans, with their extended infancy, could not have survived early on. This idea reappeared as the aquatic ape hypothesis in the twentieth century.[citation needed]
A popular Greek legend has Alexander the Great's sister, Thessalonike, turn into a mermaid after she died.[1] She lived, it was said, in the Aegean and when she would encounter a ship, she would ask the sailors only one question: "Is King Alexander alive?" (Greek: "Ζει ο Βασιλιάς Αλέξανδρος;"), to which the correct answer would be: "He lives and reigns and conquers the world" (Greek: "Ζει και βασιλεύει και τον κόσμο κυριεύει"). This answer would please her and she would calm the waters and wish the ship farewell. Any other answer would spur her into a rage, whereupon she would raise a terrible storm, with certain doom for the ship and every sailor on board.[citation needed]
Lucian of Samosata in Syria (2nd century AD) in De Dea Syria ("Concerning the Syrian Goddess") wrote of the Syrian temples he had visited:

"Among them - Now that is the traditional story among them concerning the temple. But other men swear that Semiramis of Babylonia, whose deeds are many in Asia, also founded this site, and not for Hera Atargatis but for her own Mother, whose name was Derketo"
"I saw the likeness of Derketo in Phoenicia, a strange marvel. It is woman for half its length, but the other half, from thighs to feet, stretched out in a fish's tail. But the image in the Holy City is entirely a woman, and the grounds for their account are not very clear. They consider fishes to be sacred, and they never eat them; and though they eat all other fowls, they do not eat the dove, for she is holy so they believe. And these things are done, they believe, because of Derketo and Semiramis, the first because Derketo has the shape of a fish, and the other because ultimately Semiramis turned into a dove. Well, I may grant that the temple was a work of Semiramis perhaps; but that it belongs to Derketo I do not believe in any way. For among the Egyptians, some people do not eat fish, and that is not done to honor Derketo."[2]
Among the Neo-Taíno nations of the Caribbean the mermaid is called Aycayia.[15]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-15"[16] Her attributes relate to the goddess Jagua, and the hibiscus flower of the majagua tree Hibiscus tiliaceus.[17] Examples from other cultures are the Mami Wata of West and Central Africa, the Jengu of Cameroon, the Merrow of Ireland and Scotland, the Rusalkas of Russia and Ukraine, the Iara from Brazil and the Greek Oceanids, Nereids, and Naiads. One freshwater mermaid-like creature from European folklore is Melusine, who is sometimes depicted with two fish tails, and other times with the lower body of a serpent. It is said in Japan that eating the flesh of a ningyo can grant unaging immortality. In some European legends mermaids are said to be unlucky.[citation needed]
Mermaids and mermen are also characters of Philippine folklore, where they are locally known as sirena and siyokoy, respectively.[18] The Javanese people believe that the southern beach in Java is a home of Javanese mermaid queen Nyi Roro Kidul.[citation needed]
Mermaids are said to be known for their vanity, but also for their innocence. They often fall in love with human men, and are willing to go to great extents to prove their love with humans (see mermaid problem). Unfortunately, especially with younger mermaids, they tend to forget humans cannot breathe underwater. Their male counterparts, mermen, are rarely interested in human issues, but in the Finnish mythology merpeople are able to grant wishes, heal sickness, lift curses, brew magic potions, and sometimes carry a trident. Mermaids share some of the same
Mami Wata
is a pantheon of water spirits or deities, venerated in West, Central, and Southern Africa, and in the African diaspora in the Caribbean and parts of North and South America. Mami Wata spirits are usually female, but are sometimes male
Some initiates and devotees have reported to anthropologists that Mami Wata is usually described in excesses. She possesses an inhuman beauty, unnaturally long hair, and a lighter-than-normal complexion. Some report that her hair texture ranges from straight, curly to kinky, and either black or blonde, and combed straight back. Her lustrous eyes gaze enticingly, which only enhances her ethereal beauty.[4]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-Bastian-4"[5] In many parts of West and Central Africa, "Mami Wata" thus serves as a slang term for a gorgeous woman.
In more ancient text Mami Wata is often described as a mermaid-like figure, with a woman's upper body (often nude), and the hindquarters of a fish or serpent.[6]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-6"[7]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-7"[8] In other tales, Mami Wata is fully humanoid (though never human). During anthropologist, Misty Bastian, (1987-88) field research in Nigeria on the Onitsha Market System, it was reported to her that Mami Wata is female, and that she flaunts her unimaginable wealth with jewelry that blinds those who view it.[5] Bastian also believes that in both mermaid and humanoid form, Mami Wata often carries enormously expensive baubles such as combs, mirrors, and watches. A large snake (symbol of divination and divinity in many African cultures) frequently accompanies her, wrapping itself around her and laying its head between her breasts. Other times, she may try to pass as completely human, wandering busy markets or patronising bars.[4] She may also manifest in a number of other forms, including as a man.[5]
Mami Wata is represented in many different African religious systems, such as the Vodou in the southern parts of Togo and Benin, and Southern Ghana, where there exists an actual consecrated body of lineal priests and priestesses of the Ewe, Anlo-Ewe, Mina, Kabye and other African ethnic groups, whose worship of these ancient deities predates their arrival in their present locations.[9]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-9"[10]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-10"[11] In the Yoruba tradition, the mother goddess Yemaja has been recently associated with Mami Wata in popular culture.[citation needed] Africans Slaves from what has been notoriously referred to as the Slave Coast, brought their water-spirit beliefs with them to the New World, and traders in the 20th century carried similar beliefs with them from Senegal to as far as Zambia. As the Mami Wata traditions continues to re-emerge, native water deities were subsumed into it. In addition, Africans may sometimes call non-Mami Wata figures by that name when speaking to foreigners, as they know that Mami Wata is better known than local spirits and deities.[the Mami Wata deities are closely associated with water. Traditions on both sides of the Atlantic tell of the spirit abducting her followers or random people whilst they are swimming or boating.[citation needed] She brings them to her paradisiacal realm, which may be underwater, in the spirit world, or both.[4] The captives' release often hinges on some sort of demand, ranging from sexual fidelity to the spirit to something as simple as a promise that they do not eat fish.[citation needed] Should she allow them to leave, the travellers usually return in dry clothing and with a new spiritual understanding reflected in their gaze. These returnees often grow wealthier, more attractive, and more easygoing after the encounter.[5]
Van Stipriaan further reports that other tales describe river travellers (usually men) chancing upon the spirit. She is inevitably grooming herself, combing her hair, and peering at herself in a mirror. Upon noticing the intruder, she flees into the water and leaves her possessions behind. The traveller then takes the invaluable items.[citation needed] Later, Mami Wata appears to the thief in his dreams to demand the return of her things. Should he agree, she further demands a promise from him to be sexually faithful to her. Agreement grants the person riches; refusal to return the possessions or to be faithful brings the man ill fortune.[4]
In parts of the Caribbean, in contrast, meeting with the water spirit prompts the mortal to flee, not the spirit. In the folklore of Trinidad and Tobago, for example (where she is called Maman Dlo), one can escape the deity by removing his left shoe, laying it upside down on the ground, and then running home backwards.[citation needed]
[
edit] Religious tradition
The Mami Wata tradition is strongly associated with all matters involving spirit and psychic phenomena, including divination and spiritual healing. Worship practices for these deities vary, but in some branches of the tradition depending on the deity, it might involve for some initiates of wearing the colors red and white (sacred to some Mami Wata's deities) and dancing until seized by their particular Mami Wata deity, popularly known as spiritual possession.
[
edit] Priesthood and worship

Mami Wata priestess dressed in traditional ceremonial attire.
Priesthood of certain Mami deities is inherited matrilineally. Many can trace their family lineage back four or more generations. In Togo and the United States, the priestesses of Mami Wata are called Mamisii (Mamissi, Mamaissii, Mammisi). Certain paths of high-priestesses who are called to open an Edge (spirit house) are known as "Mamaissii-Hounons" which translates as "queen of the ship," or literally "mother wisdom".[13]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-13"[14]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-14"[15]
Although the Mami Wata tradition is deeply rooted in African and Diaspora tradition and culture, initiation and worship of Mami Wata is open to all races, religions and sexual orientation. Mami Wata is known to have children from every race and creed and delights in the universality of its worship. Historically, practitioners and adherents of traditional African religions, Santeria, and Vodou comprise Mami Wata's devotees. Her worship is as diverse as her initiates, priesthood and worshippers,[12] although some parallels may be drawn. Groups of people may gather in her name, but the deity is much more prone to interacting with followers on a one-on-one basis. She thus has many priests and mediums in both Africa, America and in the Caribbean who are specifically born and initiated to them.
In Togo, Mami Wata's devotees wear all white clothing at all time. In some traditional houses in Nigeria, devotees typically wear red and white clothing, as these colors represent that particular Mami’s dual nature. According to Bastian, especially in Igbo iconography, red represents such qualities as death, destruction, heat, maleness, physicality, and power. In contrast, white symbolises death, but also can symbolize beauty, creation, femaleness, new life, spirituality, translucence, water, and wealth.[5] This regalia may also include a cloth snake wrapped about the waist.[12] The Mami Wata shrines may also be decorated in these colors, and items such as bells, carvings, Christian or Indian prints, dolls, incense, spirits, and remnants of previous sacrifices often adorn such places.[12]HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-Bastian-4"[5]
According to Van Stipriaan, intense dancing accompanied by musical instruments such as African guitars or harmonicas often forms the core of Mami Wata worship. Followers dance to the point of entering a trance. At this point, Mami Wata possesses the person and speaks to him or her.[4] Offerings to the spirit are also important, and Mami Wata prefers gifts of delicious food and drink, alcohol, fragrant objects (such as pomade, powder, incense, and soap), and expensive goods like jewelry.[12] Modern worshippers usually leave her gifts of manufactured goods, such as Coca-Cola or designer jewelry.[4] Mami Wata shrines can vary from elaborate to quaint depending on the income of a Mamissii priestess. Although the size and location of a Mami Wata shrine may vary, Mami's appreciation of perfumes, powders and fine statuary appears universal.
Nevertheless, some initiates reports that their Mami Wata deity is unpredictable. She craves attention, and her followers must be prepared to be called to service without warning. She can give her devotees boons based on her attributes: beauty, an easy life, good luck, and material wealth.[citation needed] However, she can also takes these things away on a whim.[citation needed] Nevertheless, she largely wants her followers to be healthy and well off.[5] More broadly, people blame the spirit for all sorts of misfortune. In Cameroon, for example, Mami Wata is ascribed with causing the strong undertow that kills many swimmers each year along the coast.
[
edit] Primary function
In the family, Mami Wata's primary role in the life of the devotee/initiate is "healing", by helping the initiate to achieve wholeness both spiritually, and materially in their lives. Mami is also responsible for protection, emotional, and mental healing, spiritual growth/balance, and maintaining social order by assuring that sacred laws imposed on both the initiate and the family in which she/he lives is maintained. When these requirements are met, Mami often blesses the initiate (and family) with material wealth. "wealth" being relative to assuring that the family has the basic needs of survival, such as shelter, food, clothing, medicine and funds to maintain them. Or, wealth could mean achieving great riches through some profession or spiritual gifts the initiate might possess.
[
edit] Sex
According to Bastian, Mami Wata's association with sex and lust is somewhat paradoxically linked to one with fidelity as well. According to a Nigerian tradition, male followers may encounter the spirit in the guise of a beautiful, sexually promiscuous woman, such as a prostitute. In Nigerian popular stories, Mami Wata may seduce a favoured male devotee and then show herself to him following coitus. She then demands his complete sexual faithfulness and secrecy about the matter. Acceptance means wealth and fortune; rejection spells the ruin of his family, finances, and job.[5] In Togo, Mami Wata is also associated with female promiscuity with some pastors going so far as organizing exorcism sessions to purify their followers from her spirits. As such a beautiful woman with many suitors will often be suspected of being possessed by the spirit of Mami Wata.
[
edit] Healing and fertility
Another prominent aspect of the Mami Wata deities is their connection to healing. If someone comes down with an incurable, languorous illness, Mami Wata often takes the blame. The illness is evidence that Mami Wata has taken an interest in the afflicted person and that only she can cure him or her. Similarly, several other ailments may be attributed to the water spirit. In Nigeria, for example, she takes the blame for everything from headaches to sterility.[5]
In fact, barren mothers often call upon the spirit to cure their affliction. However, according to Bastian, many traditions hold that Mami Wata herself is barren, so if she gives a woman a child, that woman inherently becomes more distanced from the spirit's true nature. The woman will thus be less likely to become wealthy or attractive through her devotion to Mami Wata. Images of women with children often decorate shrines to the spirit.[5]
[
edit] Other associations
As other deities become absorbed into the figure of Mami Wata, the spirit often takes on characteristics unique to a particular region or culture. In Trinidad and Tobago, for example, Maman Dlo plays the role of guardian of nature, punishing overzealous hunters or woodcutters. She is the lover of Papa Bois, a nature deity.
[
edit] Origins and development
It is believed that all of ancient Africa possessed a multitude of water-spirit traditions before the first contact with Europeans. Most of these were regarded as female, and dual natures of good and evil were not uncommon, reflecting the fact that water is both an important means of providing communication, food, drink, trade, and transportation, but at the same time, it can drown people, flood fields or villages, and provide passage to intruders.[16]
Bastian, and other western scholars have proposed their theories for one particular Mami Wata's deity light-skinned, mermaid-like appearance. Van Stipriaan suggests that she may be based on the West African manatee;[16] in fact, "Mami Wata" is a common name for this animal in the region. Salmons argues that the mermaid image may have come into being after contact with Europeans. The ships of traders and slavers often had carvings of mermaid figures on their prows, for example, and tales of mermaids were popular among sailors of the time.[17] In addition, the spirit's light complexion and straight hair could be based on European features. On the other hand, white is traditionally associated with the spirit world in many cultures of Nigeria. The people of the Cross River area often whiten their skin with talcum or other substances for rituals and for cosmetic reasons, for example.[5]
Van Stipriaan speculates that Liberian traders of the Kru ethnic group moved up and down the west coast of Africa from Liberia to Cameroon beginning in the 19th century. They may have spread their own water-spirit beliefs with them and helped to standardise conceptions in West Africa.[citation needed] Their perceived wealth also helped establish the spirit as one of good fortune. [18]
Van Stipriaan further believes that this period also introduced West Africa to what would become the definitive image of Mami Wata. Circa 1887, a chromolithograph of a female Samoan snake charmer[citation needed] appeared in Nigeria. According to the British art historian Kenneth C. Murray,
West Africans transported and enslaved in the New World, brought tales of Mami Wata with them. The new environment only served to emphasize the enslaved's connection to water. In Guiana, for example, slaves had to fight back swamp waters on the plantations they worked.[16] She was first mentioned in Dutch Guiana in the 1740s in the journal of an anonymous colonist:
"It sometimes happens that one or the other of the black slaves either imagines truthfully, or out of rascality pretends to have seen and heard an apparition or ghost which they call water mama, which ghost would have ordered them not to work on such or such a day, but to spend it as a holy day for offering with the blood of a white hen, to sprinkle this or that at the water-side and more of that monkey-business, adding in such cases that if they do not obey this order, shortly Watermama will make their child or husband etc. die or harm them otherwise.[23]"
Slaves worshipped the spirit by dancing and then falling into a trancelike state. In the 1770s, the Dutch rulers outlawed the ritual dances associated with the spirit. The governor, J. Nepveu, wrote that
"the Papa, Nago, Arada and other slaves who commonly are brought here under the name Fida [Ouidah] slaves, have introduced certain devilish practices into their dancing, which they have transposed to all other slaves; when a certain rhythm is played . . . they are possessed by their god, which is generally called Watramama.[24]"
Native Americans of the colony adopted Watermama from the slaves and merged her with their own water spirits.
By the 19th century, an influx of enslaved Africans from other regions had relegated Watermama to a position in the pantheon of the deities of the Surinamese Winti religion. When Winti was outlawed in the 1970s, her religious practices lost some of its importance in Suriname. Furthermore, a relative lack of freedom compared to their African brethren prevented the homgenisation that occurred with the Mami Wata cult across the Atlantic

Last edited by mbstudent on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:08 pm

I think you are reading too much into the symbol. in my mermaid dreams they are about operating in the prophetic. worshiping Greek idols or even delving into Greek mythology and applying it to your religion is a sin, but being a mermaid in your dream does not necesarily mean something bad. in my dreams it means that I'm a "see creature" it's pretty simple to me. I'm not trying to argue with you mb, I always love your feedback, it's just that I have to disagree with you on this. I don't think it's as complex as all that.
with love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 am

In love Sister,
I think is more complex than what it appears
since this dream has to do with the roots of iniquity.
This all I know the hittites were people that dwelt in Canaan and they worshipped a deity half woman and half fish..
1 part animal ,the other man
such mithological creatures you can not find a Godly interpretation in the bible, since the only reference known to man are in the ancient annals of history.
about the hittites there is archeological findings that prove this .
in egypt too there was a godess like that.
but the point I want to come across is this: she is in a transition season in life, first she left egypt,I am talking about her spiritual journey,and know she is about to enter the promised land,her rightful inheretance
same as Israel ..that land was inhabited by the Sons of Anak..(the hybrid race)
how do they accessed our life? throught the roots of iniquity..
and that is where the scripture come to life,since there is nothing new under the heaven.
Deut5 6:10
Deut7
Deut 9:1-5
Deut 10:12-22
Deut 11:11-32
deut 12:2-32
deut13 1-18
deut 14:1-2
deut 14:22-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 am

Please interpret all dreams in the thread and not in PM. There is safety in a multitude.

Love,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 am

I will.
Thanks.
God is great!

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 pm

mb, I believe that for some people the meaning could be what you said. But for me, it remains the same. I'm always a princess that is a mermaid, serving the Lord in my dreams. I don't believe all symbols have a universal meaning to them. some symbols are exclusive to the dreamer...in other words, God will use what's in your head to get His point across. Have you read the "teaching" I posted on dream vocabulary? I really would love to hear what you think about it. God bless you!
love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by karen on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Just a quick update..I have since had another dream. I was on a rooftop with an Angel looking across at a dark red brick building 3 storeys high. It was a pub (the spotted cow) The significance for me is it is local to my family and my mother's house.

I spoke to the Angel next to me and sooo wanted to fly across the rooftop to look into the upper room through the window of the place. Because in the upper room I could see white gloss paintwork. I could see even from where we were, how brightly lit it was and swept clean. The room on top was as big as the floorspace below. I was so excited.

I feel that it is connected to the first and I am thrilled by it. Also I have noticed in my everyday life a quickening of the Holy Spirit. A greater clarity and calling to rememberance of things He has told me before. Also, onion layers are coming off of scriptures for me if you know what I mean? Last but not least, I can see and hear more from the Holy Spirit.

Today He gave me the following scripture which so describes the journey I've been on. I have burst into praise, even at the bus stop! And my intimacy with Jesus is so much more. There is so much more happening and things I cannot put into words. Fear is replaced with hope. Hallelujah! Thank you everyone for all your help

HOSEA 2:14-23
God’s Mercy on His People

14 “ Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
15 I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
16 “ And it shall be, in that day,”
Says the LORD,

That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’[a]
And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’[b]
17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,
And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
18 In that day I will make a covenant for them
With the beasts of the field,
With the birds of the air,
And with the creeping things of the ground.
Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth,
To make them lie down safely.
19 “ I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the LORD.
21 “ It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer,” says the LORD;

“ I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.
22 The earth shall answer
With grain,
With new wine,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.[c]
23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;[d]
Then I will say to those who were not My people,[e]

‘ You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Karen,

Praise God! What a wonderful testimony!

mbstudent,

Daphanie stated that not all symbols are universal and that is what I teach.

I read your argument and it is very persuasive. I love your passion for dream interpretation!

I would like to add an analogy for the benefit of those silently reading the thread, or looking for a mermaid symbol definition, because your agrument about merefolk could convince them that all mermaid are evil based on your very diligent work citing references. While I don't know much about what the references that you used, they seem factual.

Cows in India are worshipped as diety. If we used the same argument that you used above, cows could be considered evil in our dreams. However, Americans don't worship cows and seeing them in our dreams would most likely not be evil because they are just cows.

Likely, in Daphanie's dreams mermaids are innocent symbols as she has stated.

When trying to understand a dream the overall tone of the dream and the feelings in the dream are more important than individual symbols. When trying to understand symbols, the atmosphere in the dream is key to understanding the context of the symbol.

For instance, in my dreams, a dog can represent a dog in a dream or it can represent a threat in the dream. How do I tell the difference? The overall tone of the dream tells me what the symbol means.

Hope this helps and it's a pleasure to meet you.

=)

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by NeWine on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Hello all,

Hmm, this is a little bit of a challenge for me. Although I truly understand the analogy on how creatures in various cultures can mean good for one dreamer, and evil to another. I don't know if we are comparing apples with apples here. After all a dog is a real animal, a cow is a real animal ... a mermaid has roots that steep from superstitions, folk lore etc...

With that analogy then ... if someone dreams of fairies, leprechauns, elves, or mermaids and they bring wonderful experiences with them in our dreams we should, then, not be alarmed of their message?Or of their presence in our dreams? Because they are "what appears to be" innocent?

No matter how pleasant a fairy princess, fairy godmother, or golden mermaid be, should they bare reliable messages to us in our dreams? Shouldn't they be regarded as what they are? A fable? A fantasy? A myth? aka (lie) ..?

Again looking at the dream in context ... I agree with the second post down- mbstudent's interpretation.

Karen, I pray that God leads you into his divine and Holy order in all things. And that you will be his pure and lovely vessel, that He will add all that is Godly and good to you, and subtract from you, all that would grieve Him. -in Christ -dee Newine

Last edited by NeWine on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : omitted a word. punct)

NeWine

View user profile http://newinepouring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 am

The Sidonians long oppressed Israel (Judges 10:12).
ash'-to-reth, ash-to reth (`ashtoreth; plural `ashtaroth; Astarte):
1. Name and Origin
2. Attributes of the Goddess
3. Ashtoreth as a Moon-Goddess
4. The Local Ashtaroth
1. Name and Origin:
The name of the supreme goddess of Canaan and the female counterpart of Baal.
The name and cult of the goddess were derived from Babylonia, where Ishtar represented the evening and morning stars and was accordingly androgynous in origin. Under Semitic influence, however, she became solely female, but retained a memory of her primitive character by standing, alone among the Assyro-Bab goddesses, on a footing of equality with the male divinities. From Babylonia the worship of the goddess was carried to the Semites of the West, and in most instances the feminine suffix was attached to her name; where this was not the case the deity was regarded as a male. On the Moabite Stone, for example, `Ashtar is identified with Chemosh, and in the inscriptions of southern Arabia `Athtar is a god. On the other hand, in Atar-gatis or Derketo (2 Macc 12:26), Atar, without the feminine suffix, is identified with the goddess `Athah or `Athi (Greek Gatis). The cult of the Greek Aphrodite in Cyprus was borrowed from that of Ashtoreth; whether the Greek name also is a modification of Ashtoreth, as has often been maintained, is doubtful.
2. Attributes of the Goddess:
In Babylonia and Assyria Ishtar was the goddess of love and war. An old Babylonian legend related how the descent of Ishtar into Hades in search of her dead husband, Tammuz, was followed by the cessation of marriage and birth in both earth and heaven, while the temples of the goddess at Nineveh and Arbela, around which the two cities afterward grew up, were dedicated to her as the goddess of war. As such she appeared to one of Assur-bani-pal's seers and encouraged the Assyrian king to march against Elam. The other goddesses of Babylonia, who were little more than reflections of the god, tended to merge into Ishtar who thus became a type of the female divinity, a personification of the productive principle in nature, and more especially the mother and creatress of mankind. The chief seat of the worship of Ishtar in Babylonia was Erech, where prostitution was practiced in her name, and she was served with immoral rites by bands of men and women. In Assyria, where the warlike side of the goddess was predominant, no such rites seem to have been practiced, and, instead, prophetesses were attached to her temples to whom she delivered oracles.
3. Ashtoreth as a Moon-Goddess:
In Canaan, Ashtoreth, as distinguished from the male `Ashtar, dropped her warlike attributes, but in contradistinction to Asherah, whose name and cult had also been imported from Assyria, became, on the one hand, the colorless consort of Baal, and on the other hand, a moon-goddess. In Babylonia the moon was a god, but after the rise of the solar theology, when the larger number of the Babylonian gods were resolved into forms of the sun-god, their wives also became solar, Ishtar, "the daughter of Sin" the moon-god, remaining identified with the evening-star. In Canaan, however, when the solar theology had absorbed the older beliefs, Baal, passing into a sun-god and the goddess who stood at his side becoming a representative of the moon--the pale reflection, as it were, of the sun- -Ashtoreth came to be regarded as the consort of Baal and took the place of the solar goddesses of Babylonia.
4. The Local Ashtaroth:
Hence there were as "many Ashtoreths" or Ashtaroth as Baals. They represented the various forms under which the goddess was worshipped in different localities (Judges 10:6; 1 Samuel 7:4; 12:10, etc.). Sometimes she was addressed as Naamah, "the delightful one," Greek Astro-noe, the mother of Eshmun and the Cabeiri. The Philistines seem to have adopted her under her warlike form (1 Samuel 31:10 the King James Version reading "Ashtoreth," as Septuagint), but she was more usually the moon-goddess (Lucian, De Dca Syriac., 4; Herodian, v.6, 10), and was accordingly symbolized by the horns of a cow. See ASHTEROTH-KARNAIM. At Ashkelon, where Herodotus (i.105) places her most ancient temple, she was worshipped under the name of Atar-gatis, as a woman with the tail of a fish, and fish were accordingly sacred to her. Elsewhere the dove was her sacred symbol. The immoral rites with which the worship of Ishtar in Babylonia was accompanied were transferred to Canaan (Deuteronomy 23:18) and formed part of the idolatrous practices which the Israelites were called upon to extirpate.
This Part explain perfectly what is the meaning of these figures in dream.
I usually pray before I answer and as the holy Spirit and God leads I do my investigation.
But use the bible as a reference..I don't trust my own mind
the concept of a mermaid to be well intended beign comes form the disney movies or somewhere else? if you have other sources where you guys get those facts I would like to hear it?
Ahab sinned when Jeezebel introduced the worshiping of astoreth and baal in Israel
like I said many times these are the major offices in the kingdom of the devil:Leviatan and Rahab.
this are the oppossite spirits you will find when you have the prophetic anointing
like Elijah only the discerment of the Holy Spirit can give you the victory throught the sacriface Jesus made for us in calvary..
man was created to God's image.
and God is God of principle if he is going to let you spiritual things he might use representations but all had to be according to his word.
if I am half eagle and half man..Am I representing God,when I was a child I used to like to be a superhero like that,if I would have a dream like it, where was my knowledge of the representation Coming From..God or from fables?
if I want to hear from God Where should I look?
My answer stands on this. this a demonic spirit
the dual nature of the figure is telling you something is not align with the call.
the second part of Haggai remains us that in order to received as we expect we need to be in order
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying,
12If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
13Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.
14Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
15And now, I pray you, consider from this day and upward, from before a stone was laid upon a stone in the temple of the LORD:
16Since those days were, when one came to an heap of twenty measures, there were but ten: when one came to the pressfat for to draw out fifty vessels out of the press, there were but twenty.
17I smote you with blasting and with mildew and with hail in all the labours of your hands; yet ye turned not to me, saith the LORD.
18Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the LORD's temple was laid, consider it.
19Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless you.
20And again the word of the LORD came unto Haggai in the four and twentieth day of the month, saying,
21Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
22And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.

also this has to do a lot with the foundations.
the cannaites dwelt in the promise land and God destroyed Jericho because the foundations of the city where dedicated to this entity.
things the Lord is going to renew or change:
The earth beacuse was defiled,the heavens and the sea because satan defiled them.
God is order and wisdom.
Do not fool your senses things don't seem what it appears
don't look in the world answers for the things that belongs to the Lord.
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

I disagree with the opinions expressed about mermaids being universally evil. There is no way the mermaid in this dream represents a demon spirit. The dreamer is the mermaid.

The point of the cow example is that things get demonized that are not inherently demonic. In our culture mermaids are not evil. To use a more tangible example: Christmas trees are a good example of something tangible in our culture that we do not attribute to evil spirits and demons but in past cultures would represent idol worship.

"Nimrod started the great organized worldly apostasy
from God that has dominated this world until now.
Nimrod married his own mother, whose name was Semiramis.
After Nimrod's death, his so-called mother-wife,
Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival
of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown
evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump,
which symbolized the springing forth unto new life
of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth,
she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree
and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday
of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree."
-The Plain Truth About Christmas
by David J. Stewart |

"Traditionally, a yule log was burned in the fireplace
on Christmas Eve and during the night as the log's embers
died, there appeared in the room, as if by magic,
a Christmas tree surrounded by gifts. The yule log
represented the sun-god Nimrod and the Christmas tree
represented himself resurrected as his own son Tammuz."
--After Armageddon -Chapter 4
Where do we get our ideas?
by John A. Sarkett

"So our Christmas tree -- and our yule log -- have
tremendous meaning, but not a Christian meaning.
The yule log is the dead Nimrod, human ruler of
ancient Babylon, who was eventually deified as the
sun incarnate, and hence a god. The Christmas tree
is mystical Tammuz, the slain god come to life again."
--After Armageddon -Chapter 4
Where do we get our ideas?
by John A. Sarkett

The Real Origin of Christmas

"The real origin of Christmas goes back to ancient
Babylon. It is bound up in the organized apostasy
with which Satan has gripped a deceived world these
many centuries! In Egypt, it was always believed that
the son of Iris (Egyptian name for "Queen of Heaven")
was born December 25th. Semiramis also bore the title
"Queen of Heaven" - and she was Nimrod's mother.
Paganism celebrated this famous birthday over most
of the known world for centuries before the birth
of Christ."
-The Plain Truth About Christmas
by David J. Stewart |

"Christmas as a pagan holiday traces back
thousands of years before to a man named Nimrod,
founder of ancient pagan Babylon."
-Christmas Unwrapped
From the History Channel
by Alan Mansager

"December 25 was highly honored and recognized
by Nimrod's supporters...Many centuries later
this pagan custom was "Christianized" as being
the birthday of Christ."
-The True Origin of Christmas and Other Holidays
Who Was Really Born On December 25?
The Gilead Institute of America

The mermaid in this dream represents the dreamers ability to be comfortable/belonging in two extremely different environments/worlds (which this dream illustrates beautifully using the example of a mermaid. I cannot think of a better way to symbolize being comfortable/belonging in two different environments).

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 am

mbstudent,

I really love how you cited your references, and how it opened up an opportunity for dialogue.

Truly,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:35 am

I agree with what mbstudent said. Mermaids are real demonic spirits or water spirits as some people have called them. In my country people have seen mermaids. In one of Harry Potters movies mermaids are depicted in their true form grotesque and demonic keeping in mind that Harry Potter movies are not of God and are completely witchcraft.

The sentiment on this thread by some is that a symbol can have different meanings and I agree with that statement in some ways but not entirely. Should then dreaming of demonic spirits should be looked on in the same way. I have read some dream interpreters stating that when a person dreams they are possessed it simply means that they feel that they are being influenced by something bad or controlling, and if someone dreams about Satan it is not really Satan himself but he is just a symbol. So are demonic spirits and Satan in dreams merely just symbols and has no real significance in some cases. Keep in mind that mermaids are actual demonic spirits.

I have dream about myself being a mermaid and it was a sexually explicit demonic dream.

What person's here have failed to mentioned the obvious in the dream is about the man putting something like semen on the dreamer's face. Does that sound like something God would do. Hasn't the bible warned us that Satan himself can transform as a good angel or benevolent being. Greek culture in the olden day as mbstudent pointed out was steeped in idolatry. That is where legends like Zeus, Hercules.... originate from. Doesn't Satan himself wants to be like God.

I have also dreamt about fairies and such and God has shown me that they are demonic spirits and they carry a really bad odour.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello all!

First of all, please let me say that the ONLY reason I am responding is because I feel that the Lord gave me an interpretation on this dream a while back, and I didn't post it because I had already seen Mb's post and agreed with him. So, I didn't feel the need. But now I feel like I do need to share what the Lord showed me for the benefit of this discussion and for Karen's benefit as well.

With that being said, I'm not going to speak as to what mermaids mean in Daphne's dreams. I haven't seen her dreams in their context, nor has the Lord spoken to me about her dreams. But, I do know that the Lord has spoken to me about this dream.

The two kings are kings in the realm of the Spirit, with Jesus (the second King) being the King of Kings. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.") That being said, I believe Karen is being shown into the realm of the spirit in this dream. If we know that God is a Spirit and He is the second King, then the first king is also a spirit. It's interesting that they are symbolized as Greek because to me that conjures up images of Greek gods, and we know that that is demonic and idolatry. I believe what God is revealing is something within Karen's generational blood line, symbolized by the seed, that is hindering her from God's will being made manifest in her life. In the parable of the sower in Mark chapter 4, one of the ways the enemy is depicted as stealing the Word out of our heart (which is the incorruptible seed -- 1 Peter 1:23, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.") is with the "fowls of the air", which are demonic spirits. (Mark 4:3-4, "Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: 4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up. Mark 4:14-15, "The sower soweth the word. 15, "And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.") I believe the Lord is revealing to Karen in this dream that there is a demonic spirit that has been hindering her progress in the Lord and it was passed down through her blood line. In scripture the face is symbolic of a person's presence (God's face for example is speaking of His presence. Psalms 27:8, "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek."). So, in this case, I believe God is revealing that this thing's presence is active in Karen's life. But Jesus is revealing here that His desire is to place His Word in her heart. God said He would give us the desires of our hearts if we delight ourselves in Him. That has a dual meaning...meaning He will put His desires for us in our hearts so that He can bring them to pass. God's Word is His will. (Psalms 37:4, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.") Since this is the context of the dream, the mermaid symbolism goes right along with it. The subject of the dream did not change from what was shown in the beginning. In teaching me about dreams God has shown me that the first scene of a dream sets the context much like the first chapter of a book sets the theme of the book. We cannot interpret our dream symbols by the way we feel about them. We must be led by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit. If this is a dream from the Lord, and I believe it is, then The Spirit and The Word of God agree perfectly. In other words, there IS scriptural backing for it. (1 John 5:8, "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.")

When God gives a message, He is going to give it in a positive way. That's the reason I feel that Karen felt positively about the symbols in her dream. It is positive when God exposes something because the cover of darkness is no longer there for the enemy to hide behind. God is never going to give us messages of condemnation, but of love, faith, hope and salvation -- of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Romans 8:1-2, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.") That is His nature and His way. Just because He wasn't freaking out in the dream and acting like this was a serious situation because she was depicted as a mermaid, doesn't mean that what was being depicted was good or right according to God's standard -- which is His word. The Word of God is the safety net for anything we receive by the Spirit of God. Having said that, I believe that the mermaid is revealing that there is a demonic influence operating in Karen's life, and it is generational as already depicted in the first part of the dream. Let me explain why. Man is made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.") Fish are part of the creation that God put in our dominion and under our authority (Genesis 1:28, "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.") To combine the two (meaning man made in the image of God and a fish put under man's dominion) would be to take the image of God and combine it with something that is not in the same class as God, and therefore is now no longer in God's image. I too have dreams of being in the water, and have for many years, but I am never a mermaid. I can see, talk swim and breathe under water. In fact, I've had dreams where I live under water, and the Lord has revealed to me that this is a symbol for the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Never did I need to be depicted as a mermaid or a fish to be able to do this. We are "like God", made in His image. As He is so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17, "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." 1 John 3:2, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.") We are to see ourselves in Christ. That's the One who we are told to reflect. To combine a fish and a man is to compromise the image of God. And that's what I feel Karen is being shown -- that there is a compromise, a hindrance, it is hindering the work of God in her life.

It doesn't matter how positively we feel about a symbol. That doesn't mean it's good. The Word of God is the standard and we are told to renew our minds to it (Romans 12:2, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."). None of us have our minds renewed in every area of life. We are being changed from glory to glory as we look into the Word of God and see the reflection of Jesus there. (2 Corinthians 3:18, "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.") And our emotions will follow the way that we think. Your soul is made up of 3 parts: your mind, your will and your emotions and these three operate in conjunction. Your mind is the entrance point into your spirit man. That's where the battle begins, and that's the reason why we are told to cast down imaginations and to guard our hearts with all diligence (2 Corinthians 10:5, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"). Jesus told us to "take no anxious thoughts..." (Luke 12:22, "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.") All of these are ways to guard your thought life because if the enemy can get you thinking in line with him then it will affect your will and your emotions, and pretty soon you are making emotionally charged decisions, instead of Word-based decisions. The ONLY thing that remains the same is the Word of God. It's forever settled in heaven. (Psalms 119:89, "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.") If we don't have our mind renewed in a particular area it is possible to feel positively about something in a dream that does not meet the standard of God's goodness. I have seen this many times in my dreams where the Lord revealed to me that my thinking was wrong in an area, not in line with His Word. I was viewing something positive in the dream, that God said was not right, and because of it I interpreted a particular situation as being positive, when the truth was that was my emotions talking and there were some real challenges in the situation that had I recognized I could have prayed about and dealt with in prayer and seen change. I did eventually, but it could have come quicker if I would have used the standard of the Word of God and not my emotions to interpret the dream. That has been a hard lesson learned. God was revealing to me that I needed work in this area. I thank God for those kinds of dreams because without them I would not have recognized my need for change many times and it has saved me a lot of heartache in the end. (2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:")

I feel that the Lord is exposing something to Karen here that is in her generational line so that she can have it dealt with. I do agree that Karen has a prophetic anointing on her life. Many times the enemy will come and try to pervert the prophetic anointing. God has shown me this many times in the lives of others for the purposes of intercessory prayer, and in my own personal life. It's the difference between trusting in ourselves and trusting in God and leaning on the Word of God. It's easy to get involved in charismatic witchcraft -- just take the Word of God out of the equation and follow only the leading of what you think is the Holy Spirit. After all, witchcraft is nothing but a work of the flesh. (Galatians 5:19-21, "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.") Based on what God has shown me in the lives of others, and the attacks I myself have had to overcome, I would say that this spirit is tied up with Jezebel, control, witchcraft and seduction. They all go hand in hand. But, please pray about that because I know that God will make it all clear. The one thing I know for sure...it's generational and since you are in Christ, any claim this spirit has to your life is illegal and you have authority to stand up against it. But if you yield to it, you will allow it access in your life. (Romans 6:13, "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." Romans 6:16, "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" Romans 6:19, "I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.") You have to recognize that it is there, and take your stand on the Word of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony! (Revelation 12:11, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.")

Love and blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 pm

I totally disagree with the mermaid comments and interpretations so far therefore I'm going to give what I see (not a prophetic interpretation) based on the symbols this is what I see:

by karen on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 15:15

I dream a lot and have done since a kid. (I am now 46 yrs old) I am Spirit filled/ born again. I have tried to interpret this dream myself, after studying some of a dream prophet's stuff on Youtube, but still am not sure what is going on? I have visions too. They happen.

This morning's short dream.

I was drawing the face of a Greek/Minoan Prince. Blue line drawing on white paper like parchment or some kind of blotting paper. I am not much of an artist in real life so was finding it difficult, but I kept concentrating and it got better. It was a noble profile. I paid attention to the hair especially as I know that the ancient Greeks braided their hair with real gold. (clips/rings) Like in the movie Troy.

Is your difficulty drawing possibly your attempt at interpreting dreams, which you keep working at and are getting better??? Or is it your attempts at understanding the scriptures?? Greek represents the New Testament which was written (on paper symbolized by the parchment paper) in Greek. Especially paying attention to what would be holy? (Hair represents holiness.) This first paragraph represents you working diligently at something, paying special attention to what is holy in that thing and I feel the paper symbol is important. Possibly seeking understanding in the scriptures.

Then a king, Greek I think, I don't know how to say this..but white stuff came over my face. White semen/seed. All over my face. The strange thing is, I was Greek too, wearing white robes with long light brown hair. (in real life I am a black woman)

I was surprised at what he did.

Then I stood before a second king. Greater than the first. Handsome, noble, a warrior, wise and Greek. (he was Eric Bana from the movie Troy) I told him that the first king did what he did, and I am not a man, I do not have hair on my face. (e.g. stubble) I told him that the first king had "Put his desire on my face".

This king then said, "If it were me, I would put my desire IN you". He absolutely meant it, in a wonderful way.

Desire is the key word here: The seed on her face represents "desire". The second King told us what the seed on her face represented. He said: I would put my desire in you.

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

will

AC_FL_RunContent = 0;

var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", "", "6");interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.ask.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FW01%2FW0168100.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=183bf9a0&u=audio"); interfaceflash.addParam('wmode','transparent');interfaceflash.write();

 /wɪl/ Show Spelled [wil] Show IPA auxiliary verb and verb,present singular 1st personwill, to wish;
desire; like:
Go where you will. Ask, if you will, who the owner is.

The King wants to put in her His desires to do His will.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Later on, I got into an ocean. So blue. I told the second king that "on land I am a woman, but look! In the ocean I am a Mermaid."
As I was in the ocean I was gold and orange from the waist down. The scales were very large on the fish tail.

In my dreams,water represents the spiritual realm. Also in my dreams, any type of life that lives in the water (fish, toads, etc.) would represent Chrisitians (in my dreams). If this were my dream, I would think that it represented myself in the spiritual realm. I would also feel that the Lord is desiring more. He has a longing for more of me and perhaps for me to be all fish instead of half fish.

I totally disagree with the theme of the interpretations thus far which is why I have taken the time to reply. I do not believe this is about generational curses or any other thing that is demonic.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

re the short dream

Post by karen on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I am a bit of a thickie...as in that being new to this site, I didn't see the second page of posts....

I've just read them...

I don't want anyone to be upset, and please let me share some things, that I didn't want 'broadcast' on the internet.

I have often dreamt of water. Oceans, fountains, wells, rain etc I have never dreamt that I was a Mermaid before. That was the first time in my life. I have 'observed' characters and different things in dreams, but like I say never been a Mermaid. I had no idea of the dream interpretation.

I do believe, that the Mermaid on one level is symbolic of moving in different ways, on land, in sea can be interpreted as moving differently in the Spirit realm.

I do bear witness too, to the generations and bloodline stuff. I did carry out, by faith, after prayer, the cutting off of the generational things to 3rd, 4th and 10th generations. I looked that up in the Bible because I 'sensed' it needed to be done. I did follow the link for water spirits and serpentine spirits and used it. Yes, I felt heavy and ashamed and all kinds of other things, prior to the deliverance which wasn't dramatic, but remembered that there is no condemnation for me in Christ Jesus. I had to believe that by faith.

I could not have known every in and out of the generations before me, or why certain things have taken place in my life, that 'should not have been' (emphasis mine) Sexual yes, since a child, yes. (age 6 and onwards)

I also a few years ago, through miracle after miracle, found out 'who' my father was and met him. (my mother would not speak to me or give me his name)
Meeting him explained why I was 'hated' by my Mother, being the only black child in the family. Also, I found out, again supernaturally through a family member on this side of the Atlantic, and a grandmother who died last year, that my Mother was a product of rape. (like I said I did not want to broadcast this)

Still I never made any connection with generational curses, having assumed that by the blood of Jesus, I am cut off. I prayed into these things. I forgave my mother many years ago for her cruelty. On being saved I prayed and fasted for all my family (known and unknown- because I had no canvas at that time)

I feel like crying now, because my heart does not want anyone here to be upset, or to be anyway divisive in this dream thread. Our God is a God of love, to reveal so much through a dream. He never condemned me. He has explained patterns of behaviour that I repent of. He did it with a dream and is effecting what I believe to be an answer to prayer. I want my family saved, and especially my Mum.

Yes, I will go first in the deliverance aspect. Always. (non of my family are saved - just a praying Grandma I met in South America when I met my Dad)
Also in the obedience of submitting to my King. I will even uncover my shame so that no-one here need worry about the interpretation but will be able to judge by the fruit.

God is truly speaking through this dream. (to all of us) I am His child and receive correction and deliverance. He is speaking the truth in love. As I would like us to continue to do.

Don't we serve a great God?

Bless you all...

P.S. Yes Desire. Yes I have searched out the scriptures and sometimes have had difficulty drawing nearer. I have longed and yearned for greater intimacy.

There is a song that echoes in my heart and goes like this. (I have shared it b4)

'To seek Your face and not Your hand, to fall in love with The Holy Lamb. To steal Your heart with one look of my eyes, to kiss Your face is my heart's cry.
Holiness and purity, have come to make His home IN me, HOW can I give back this love that You've shown? I fall on my face before Your throne.'

That is my heartbeat for my Saviour. It fits doesn't it?

Love K

Karen

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Karen. There is a common misconception among Christians that because we are Christians that we don't have to deal with generational curses and issues. Rape is one of the main ways a demon transfers from one person to another. Now if your mom wasn't healed and delivered from the demons of lust that came in her because of the rape it will past on to her future generations until it is broken by Jesus Christ himself. Seek God about this isssue, including shame because you have been through a lot. God will help you through this, Dove Solutions a member of this site and a moderator is a deliverance minister and she can counsel you more on this type of thing. I myself inherited many demonic issues from generations before and God has and has been dealing with me about it.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Karen, I feel your pain to an extent! I am not black but I was treated like you by my mother to the extent that I was made to feel unwanted and like I was a foster child by both her and her husband. When I recently started getting to know my dad, I too realized why my mom treated me like she did and always held my dad against me, because I am like my dad. She hates my dad though she will deny vehemently.
He abused me in all the ways my mom did and some... my mom abused my mind and physically (not sexually, that was done by her husband)

Karen, that is Their shame not yours! What they did to you was Their fault and you were the innocent!

God is in the process of healing those different ages of children inside us that hurt individually. Each one of them stopped growing with us when something devastating would happen and they wait inside with the pain to be rescued with the loving arms of Jesus wrapped around them. They long to sit on His lap under the shade tree and just be held tight. They long for Jesus to tell them it will be alright and nothing will ever hurt them again.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top