Four eyeballs........ *disturbing read with caution*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Four eyeballs........ *disturbing read with caution*

Post by butterfly on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

I dreamt that I went into someones home and she cooked four eyeballs in curry sauce and gave me to eat, I ate it without any concerns.

I was rather disturbed about this when I woke up.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Four eyeballs........ *disturbing read with caution*

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm

It sounds to me like someone casting a spell. Like a witches brew. I don't know, might not be that at all.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Butterfly -

In the dream, did you know that you were eating curried eyes or did you think it was something else?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 am

Thanks hind'sfeet and lola for your help

No I didn't realize I was eating eyeballs, it tasted normal like chicken or something else. I just ate what the unknown person served without any reservations.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 am

Just a thought, sounds like someone trying to get you to accept 4 false revelations.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 am

I think the dream is showing you to be careful of what you take in/receive to ensure that you're not being deceived (you didn't realize it was eyes that you were eating). When I dream of food, it's usually spiritual food, i.e., the Word. So while it could be revelations, it could also be teachings as well...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:14 am

Butterfly -

I was reading Colossians this morning and read a scripture that I think is meant for you because I actually intended to read Philippians and when I came across the scripture and didn't recall it being in Philiipians I realized I was in Colossians... lol! (ok, it was really early in the morning and I wasn't fully awake...)

Anyway, here is the scripture:

Colossians 2:8-
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

The scripture is saying that we are to guard against people who present a false doctrine/teaching, something that is man based (e.g., ideas, cultural traditions, practices, etc.) and not based on scripture. The Judaizers and Gnostics were doing this, adding to the gospel things that were man based, not Christ based.

The Amplified version and the Message break it down with more emphasis:

Amplified Version
8See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men's ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [the teachings of] Christ (the Messiah).

The Message
8-10Watch out for people who try to dazzle you with big words and intellectual double-talk. They want to drag you off into endless arguments that never amount to anything. They spread their ideas through the empty traditions of human beings and the empty superstitions of spirit beings. But that's not the way of Christ.

I think the dream is a warning that you’re going to encounter someone who will try to feed you nonsense passing it off as the meat of Word. I don’t think it will be intentional, they really believe what they’re serving you is Truth but it’s still deception. It will either take the form of teaching or through a prophetic word that they are sharing with you. Be very careful about what you take in - make sure that anything shared with you lines up 100% with scripture. Furthermore, make sure that anyone trying to teach you and/or prophesy over you is qualified to do so. I have a friend who had a prophetic word spoken over him and he acted on the prophecy which had disastrous results. It turned out that the so called ‘prophet’ was a voodoo/obeah priest. God is faithful to warn you of this ahead of time. The rest of that passage is also relevant and is what to stand on:

Colossians 2:8-10 (NKJ)
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Amplified Version
8See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men's ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [the teachings of] Christ (the Messiah).
9For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature].
10And you [f]are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power].
The Message
8-10Watch out for people who try to dazzle you with big words and intellectual double-talk. They want to drag you off into endless arguments that never amount to anything. They spread their ideas through the empty traditions of human beings and the empty superstitions of spirit beings. But that's not the way of Christ. Everything of God gets expressed in him, so you can see and hear him clearly. You don't need a telescope, a microscope, or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ, and the emptiness of the universe without him. When you come to him, that fullness comes together for you, too. His power extends over everything.

Please pray about what's been said and let us know the outcome, ok?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

ooh Lurdys, delicioso!lol Just good!

I was thinking 'spell' or false doctrine too but what about a health issue? Like something wrong with your eyes or the person's eyes who was cooking?

Just a suggestion
Please pray on this
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 am

Thanks very much Lola and Desiree.

I have had dreams Desiree of one of my relative's left eye being sick in some way. I don't know the person in the dream though.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

I agree with Lola here that it may be spiritual food being taught incorrectly. Maybe the Lord is asking you to pray for them to receive sound doctrine.

Hope that helps.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top